webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > QuickChat for Facebook - real-time chat app (phones and TouchPad)
QuickChat for Facebook - real-time chat app (phones and TouchPad)
Like Tree28Likes

Old 10/12/2012, 04:50 PM   #61 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

v1.0.5 has been public for a few days now:
- Added sound notifications to settings
- Other minor changes
Archive Manager extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, )
FTPit! full-featured FTP client for webOS
Twitter: @pcworldSoftware; e-mail (contact, support, buy apps via PayPal) if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
pcworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by cbosdell likes this.
Old 10/13/2012, 01:24 AM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
v1.0.5 has been public for a few days now:
- Added sound notifications to settings
- Other minor changes
Thanks!
steinhage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/2012, 02:28 AM   #63 (permalink)

Sound works great

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Old 01/18/2013, 12:59 PM   #64 (permalink)

I originally purchased this app to chat with my brother from phone to phone. But I can't see who is accessing chat on their phones. If they don't have the green dot next to their name in the desktop app they don't show as online on my Pre 3. But I can still chat with them, or try to, if I have them in my history. Problem is.....I've been chating with my brother from phone-to-phone so he is technically not online. So, I don't see him in my chat history.

Is there an option to see who is logged into Facebook on their phone? Or is that a limitation of the API?
workerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/19/2013, 12:16 PM   #65 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by workerb View Post
But I can still chat with them, or try to, if I have them in my history.
There's an option in the app menu to show offline friends. So, you can start a conversation with someone even if they're not in the conversations tab.

Quote:
Problem is.....I've been chating with my brother from phone-to-phone so he is technically not online. So, I don't see him in my chat history.
If you've been chatting with him lately, he should show up in your chat history (the second tab).
Is this not the case?

Quote:
Is there an option to see who is logged into Facebook on their phone?
No, currently not.

Quote:
Or is that a limitation of the API?
I just looked up, this could be implemented. However you're the first one to ask about that feature - if more people show interest in this, I might consider it.
Does the conversation view or "show offline friends" option solve the problem for you?
Twitter: @pcworldSoftware; e-mail (contact, support, buy apps via PayPal) if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
Old 01/19/2013, 01:49 PM   #66 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I too would be very happy if you implement that feature (show when somebody is logged in on their phone)
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/19/2013, 03:30 PM   #67 (permalink)

Sorry, not good with the multi-quote so I'll just answer in a paragraph form.

Last night I chatted with my brother from the Android Facebook app on my Touchpad. ( In the recent past I've conversed with him on Touchpad-webOS via x.facebook.com and Quickchat. Also on my Pre 3 both ways. Also on Touchpad-CM9 via Facebook app and website.) None of the chats from him show in my history in Quickchat on my Pre3. A little disappointing but I can still retrieve them on my laptop.

If I want to send a message I enable Show Offline Buddies and send him one. But I don't see if he is connected so I don't know when I'll be receiving reply.

All-in-all, I like the QuickChat and have no regrets in buying it. I just wish:
1. I could see my chats with my younger brother. Chats with my older brother and others are visible.
2. I could see if he is connected by phone.
Old 01/19/2013, 03:49 PM   #68 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
None of the chats from him show in my history in Quickchat on my Pre3. A little disappointing but I can still retrieve them on my laptop. (...)
1. I could see my chats with my younger brother.
I don't know why the conversation with him is not showing up, but I doubt it has to do anything with him using a mobile device.
I have had very few reports that some conversations were not available through the API where I could not figure out why.

You might want to follow these steps:
- Open https://developers.facebook.com/tool...ath=me%2Finbox
- Press "Get Access Token" -> "Extended Permissions" -> tick "read_mailbox" -> "Get Access Token"
- In the dialog that pops up: "Log In with Facebook" -> "Allow"
- Now press "Submit" in the main window

Do you see the missing conversation in the API output? (Use Ctrl+F to search for some messages)

Quote:
But I don't see if he is connected so I don't know when I'll be receiving reply. (...)
2. I could see if he is connected by phone.
Oh, I did not know that the phone icon is only shown when the person is *connected* with a mobile.
What I can figure out via the API is if a person *uses* mobile devices, but (probably) not if they're currently connected or not.

Edit: I'm wrong, it seems to be possible. But only for friends who didn't uncheck "App Settings" -> "Apps others use" -> "If I'm online". Also, the app would have to check periodically for "connection status" changes, so not real-time and might drain battery faster.

Last edited by pcworld; 01/19/2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01/19/2013, 05:12 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
You might want to follow these steps:
- Open https://developers.facebook.com/tool...ath=me%2Finbox
- Press "Get Access Token" -> "Extended Permissions" -> tick "read_mailbox" -> "Get Access Token"
- In the dialog that pops up: "Log In with Facebook" -> "Allow"
- Now press "Submit" in the main window
Funny thing...I see his name at the top with today's date but no message. The first conversation I see with his name and a message is from a year ago. Guess it's a Facebook issue. But it's odd that I can pull him up on the desktop app and see all chats for the year.

Quote:
Oh, I did not know that the phone icon is only shown when the person is *connected* with a mobile.
What I can figure out via the API is if a person *uses* mobile devices, but (probably) not if they're currently connected or not.
I am not positive what the icon means. I assume it means they are connected via phone. It could mean their last access to Facebook was by phone. I'll need to look into that deeper myself.

Found the answer:
http://www.facebook.com/help/149081061827062/#I'm-seeing-different-symbols-next-to-my-friends'-names-in-the-chat-bar.-What-do-they-mean?

Last edited by workerb; 01/19/2013 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Added Facebook link
Old 01/19/2013, 06:09 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
I too would be very happy if you implement that feature (show when somebody is logged in on their phone)
Thirded. This is one of the apps that has kept my Pre3 and TouchPad useful and competitive with other OS's and I love it but that would be a nice addition for sure.
Old 01/21/2013, 09:52 AM   #71 (permalink)

I'd also like to have the "mobile" feature, but it isn't critical.
What is critical: I'm also experiencing missing conversations. In particular, my most recent conversation threads from the last week are completely absent.
jlamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Vistaus
Old 01/24/2013, 08:57 AM   #72 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
I see his name at the top with today's date but no message. The first conversation I see with his name and a message is from a year ago. Guess it's a Facebook issue.
Yes, it definitely is. You might want to try to report the bug on the Facebook developer bug tracker, even though it is unlikely that they really care :-/
Edit: Meh. Seems you can't create a bug if you didn't publish any app through Facebook -.-
Don't use QuickChat as reference, but the Graph API Explorer (because it might be easier for them to reproduce)

As Apps, use:
Code:
Graph API Explorer
Under Access Tokens, put in your access token from the Graph API Explorer
As Steps to Reproduce, use (fill in the last point):
Code:
- I go to https://developers.facebook.com/tools/explorer/?method=GET&path=me%2Finbox
- I generate an access token with read_mailbox permission
- In the output, some recent conversations are missing/incomplete/...
Expected Behavior:
Code:
All recent conversations that I see on https://www.facebook.com/messages/ should appear in the API output of /me/inbox
Actual Behavior:
Describe as accurate as possible what's wrong. I.e. missing conversation, messages, etc.

If someone should do that, please post the issue link in this thread!

Quote:
But it's odd that I can pull him up on the desktop app and see all chats for the year.
If by "desktop app" you mean the Facebook Messenger for Windows: as far as I know they use an internal API.
If you just mean the desktop website, well, it's an issue with the API provided to 3rd-party developers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facebook help page
Friends with a next to their name have downloaded one of the Facebook apps (...)
That would mean the phone icon is shown permanently for some persons, and doesn't indicate whether they're connected or not.
Can anybody confirm this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlamb0 View Post
What is critical: I'm also experiencing missing conversations. In particular, my most recent conversation threads from the last week are completely absent.
As pointed out, in most cases this is a fault of Facebook's API.

Last edited by pcworld; 01/28/2013 at 11:56 AM.
Liked by Vistaus likes this.
Thanked By: Vistaus
Old 01/28/2013, 11:55 AM   #73 (permalink)

I can't find this app in app catalog
grzeskoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2013, 11:57 AM   #74 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grzeskoles View Post
I can't find this app in app catalog
What's your device, OS version and App Catalog country?
Old 01/28/2013, 12:13 PM   #75 (permalink)

webos 2.1 country I don't know. How can I check it? My phone came from Germany, and I use it in Poland.
Old 01/28/2013, 12:16 PM   #76 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
webos 2.1 country I don't know. How can I check it? My phone came from Germany, and I use it in Poland.
Which device? If you flashed 2.1 on a Pre- or Pre Plus you might not be able to get it.
What happens if you open this link on your device?
Old 01/28/2013, 12:22 PM   #77 (permalink)

It's not valid app for webos. I have HP Veer web os 2.1 but I use metadoctor scripts to change keyboard layout, but I think that shouldn't change anything.
Old 01/28/2013, 12:33 PM   #78 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
It's not valid app for webos. I have HP Veer web os 2.1 but I use metadoctor scripts to change keyboard layout, but I think that shouldn't change anything.
Please install Impostah via Preware, open it and go to App Catalog -> Check Access Country - what does it say there?
Old 02/21/2013, 08:02 AM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
Please install Impostah via Preware, open it and go to App Catalog -> Check Access Country - what does it say there?
ilve got AT in the Impostah
Old 02/21/2013, 10:10 AM   #80 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
ilve got AT in the Impostah
You could try to change your App Catalog country to something else via the App Catalog Country Changer [PC].

Make sure the country you choose is compatible with your credit card:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
For France, Germany and the United Kingdom, the credit card options are Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Spain and United Kingdom. For Canada, the credit card options are Canada or United States. For United States, then credit card options are Canada, United States and Mexico.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0