Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
    I'll buy this when it's an actual synergy plugin.
    Hi pcworld team

i've got an error msg after first log in with QuickChat on my HP-Veer with webOS 2.1.1

"error on line 8 at column 213: xmlParseEntityRef: no name"

what can i do

regards
    Frank
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by ekesqueaky View Post
    Will this app receive any future updates? I'd like sound notifications as well. Thanks! :-)
    I'll see what I can do!

Quote Originally Posted by fmst View Post
    i've got an error msg after first log in with QuickChat on my HP-Veer with webOS 2.1.1

"error on line 8 at column 213: xmlParseEntityRef: no name"

what can i do

regards
    Frank
    Hi Frank,

I've got few people reporting this... mainly they used HP Veer devices.
    It's an error on Facebook's server side, and I can't do much about it except of telling you a workaround.
    Could you please visit Display User Agent - Browser Detection with your Veer and tell me what your user agent is?
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    HP Veer user agent is:
    Mozilla/5.0 (webOS/2.1.1;U;de-DE) AppleWebKit/532.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.0 Safari/532.2 P160U/1.0

if you need more information feel free to pm me.

ty
  5.    #45  
    @fmst:
    What exactly lead to that error message?
    E.g. did you see it immediately after you opened the app for the first time, or after you entered your login credentials when you started it for the first time, etc.
    I'm currently wondering if that error message doesn't come from Facebook at all, but maybe from the Pre's browser thinking it should display the page as XML...
    If you'd like to, we can continue this conversation via e-mail.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    is any way to buy the app beside the app catalog? Credit cards from my country are not accepted in the app catalog. But i have visa and world wide bank transfer.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrassen View Post
    is any way to buy the app beside the app catalog? Credit cards from my country are not accepted in the app catalog. But i have visa and world wide bank transfer.
    Sorry, currently not :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    Sorry, currently not :-/
    :C
    Just bought the app. Love it! Been chatting with friends and family for the past hour. One thing, will the developer please add the option for sound notifications? The vibrate notification is only useful if you are touching your TouchPad.

---Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities (a great webOS app!)
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    Just bought the app. Love it! Been chatting with friends and family for the past hour.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    One thing, will the developer please add the option for sound notifications? The vibrate notification is only useful if you are touching your TouchPad.
    As sound notification seems to be a much demanded feature, I'll try to implement it next week.
    I just got the app yesterday. After I login it still shows the "To get started..." stuff and then the following (their emphasis and typos):
    Success
    SECURITY WARNING: The above URL is NOT NOT VALID FOR A CASH CARD OR GIFT CARD. Giving away the URL may result in your account being HIJACKED.

I noticed that somebody wrote a 1 star review yesterday too with the same message, so maybe it's a recent facebook change.
    Also, logout has no effect even when I clear the cookies.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidMoJ2 View Post
    I just got the app yesterday. After I login it still shows the "To get started..." stuff and then the following (their emphasis and typos):
    Success
    SECURITY WARNING: The above URL is NOT NOT VALID FOR A CASH CARD OR GIFT CARD. Giving away the URL may result in your account being HIJACKED.

I noticed that somebody wrote a 1 star review yesterday too with the same message, so maybe it's a recent facebook change.
    It's because Facebook changed something server-side (i.e. added that strange warning message which the app doesn't expect there) - I intend to submit an update today.
    It's because Facebook changed something server-side (i.e. added that strange warning message which the app doesn't expect there) - I intend to submit an update today.
    Looking forward to it
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidMoJ2 View Post
    Looking forward to it
    Update submitted.

Sound notifications aren't included in that update yet, as fixing the login problem had a higher priority.
    wondering on how the update is going.....i still have that same warning

went to facebook security and checked the settings before coming here to find i wasn't the only one

its weird because facebook shows i accessed within 24 hours after i played with the settings and tried to log in again....

looking forward to the update thats coming to fix this.....Thanks in advance
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    wondering on how the update is going.....i still have that same warning
    HP has yet to approve the update. After that you'll have to update the app using the Software Manager.
  17.    #57  
    I've just finished the next update which includes (customizable!) sound notifications, though I'll have to wait for HP to approve the login fix before I can even submit it... :-/
    kataran and steinhage like this.
    HP has yet to approve the update. After that you'll have to update the app using the Software Manager.
    lol. That rude software manager guy ;-)

he needs a raise :-)
    32G Touchpad
  19.    #59  
    v1.0.4 is now public:
    - Fixed login error which was caused by a server-side change

And I just submitted the next update which includes sound notifications.
    kataran likes this.
    working great after update

thank you :-)
    32G Touchpad
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast