Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by mumbassa View Post
    hmm but its only a recommandation. Are there no apps (in Android/iOS of course) that can be stay always-on? Because it disconnects even if the phone is connected over wifi within 2-3 hours. :-/
    Okay, I'll see if I can include that in the next update, maybe as an optional setting.
    I think webOS disconnects WiFi after you turned off the screen after a certain time, but not sure about that. Also, sometimes Facebook's servers resets the connection without any particular reason.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    | think webOS disconnects WiFi after you turned off the screen after a certain time, but not sure about that. Also, sometimes Facebook's servers resets the connection without any particular reason.
    no, only if set it to do so in the wi-fi settings.

i got the app working.

I eorks, but it doesn't display all my messages. Essentially it leaves out lots of messages from several contacts. E.g. It seems to not display message-threads from non-friends. But also some threads from friends are missing. Could this be the same problem as with the fb-app not showing status from several people due to them forbidding them to be shown on 3rd party apps?

otherwise it's cool. And hey, it's 1.0.0 - developing...
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    no, only if set it to do so in the wi-fi settings.
    My experience is that webOS doesn't really care about this setting.

I eorks, but it doesn't display all my messages. Essentially it leaves out lots of messages from several contacts. E.g. It seems to not display message-threads from non-friends. But also some threads from friends are missing. Could this be the same problem as with the fb-app not showing status from several people due to them forbidding them to be shown on 3rd party apps?
    QuickChat only fetches your last recent messages from Facebook's server. You can see these conversations in the thread tab.
    And yes, conversations with non-friends are not supported, as this is not supported by Facebook's Chat-API (which is using XMPP).

otherwise it's cool. And hey, it's 1.0.0 - developing...
    Thanks. For example, I'd love to implement group chat - but then again, this is sadly not supported by Facebook's Chat API...
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Pcworld, have you tested it on a webos 1.4.5 pixi? I have the enyo 1. X framework installed and I can run other apps that rely upon it (webOSM) just fine.

I'd like to test and see if it can work. If so, I'm fine paying you for it outside the app store.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib View Post
    Pcworld, have you tested it on a webos 1.4.5 pixi? I have the enyo 1. X framework installed and I can run other apps that rely upon it (webOSM) just fine.

I'd like to test and see if it can work. If so, I'm fine paying you for it outside the app store.
    QuickChat relies on a plugin which I only compiled for armv7 so far, but Pixi has an armv6-processor.
    So no, it unfortunately won't work on a Pixi.
    QuickChat relies on a plugin which I only compiled for armv7 so far, but Pixi has an armv6-processor.
    So no, it unfortunately won't work on a Pixi.
    That'll do it. Yet another reason for me to get a Veer it seems :P
  7.    #27  
    v1.0.1 released, mainly including several bugfixes (changelog see first post).
    It was supposed to include webOS 2.1 support, but there's still one bug I need to fix before it works (will probably submit an update later today).

And the best: QuickChat is now only 2.99$!
    Any way this app can work on an HP Veer running webOS 2.1 anytime soon?
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by theretardedonewhoate View Post
    Any way this app can work on an HP Veer running webOS 2.1 anytime soon?
    QuickChat v1.0.1 was supposed to add webOS 2.1 support, though there are still some bugs that prevent it from running on webOS 2.1.
    Just made another fix, as soon as users report that it's running on their devices I'll submit an update (which will hopefully be today).
    I'd like to see customizeable notification sounds. Other than that it's working well for me.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I'd like to see customizeable notification sounds. Other than that it's working well for me.
    Like in the stock Messaging app? Instead of vibration, or in addition to?
    Right now, all it does it vibrate (seems to be the only setting), so even sitting right beside my TouchPad, I didn't notice that I had a notification for about 10 minutes. I'd like it to be customizable so that it can differentiate between email, messaging, etc.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  13.    #33  
    By the way, two days ago I submitted an update which adds webOS 2.1 support (this time for real, doctored my old Pre- to 2.1).
    Just noticed I got this for free on my Pre3, thanks for that! Update on notifications?
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Just noticed I got this for free on my Pre3, thanks for that! Update on notifications?
    Sound notifications? Not yet, but it's on the todo-list
  16.    #36  
    v1.0.3 has been live for a few days, includes webOS 2.1 (Veer) support. Changelog see first post
    Last edited by pcworld; 08/05/2012 at 07:31 AM.
    yotomate likes this.
    So this just has the same features as FB chat over XMPP (I'm interested in group chat)?
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnymuch View Post
    So this just has the same features as FB chat over XMPP (I'm interested in group chat)?
    In fact, QuickChat uses Facebook's XMPP API, which sadly doesn't support group chats currently.
    I really would have liked to implement real-time group chat, but there's no way I really could do this (with official APIs).
  19.    #39  
    To all users that are getting a "not licensed" error message:
    HP seems to be having problems with their servers currently. I notified them and I hope they'll fix it as soon as possible.
    If you have further questions, e-mail me at 0188801@gmail.com
    Sound notifications? Not yet, but it's on the todo-list
    Will this app receive any future updates? I'd like sound notifications as well. Thanks! :-)
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast