Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By filmor_
  1.    #1  
    I wonder what improvements were made, always good to see updates......
    Adobe and QuickOffice were already pushed out last week boosting significant speed-ups

I do wonder what today's App Catalog update has brought...
    Edit: I notice a significant speed boost in the App Catalog
    It wa already quite fast, but now it just flies
    If only the phone versions would get updated too... I basically had to buy Picsel just to view PDFs properly.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Phone-version was also updated (pdf viewer only). Though I also have Picsel on my TP and phone.
    EDIT: i mistakenly thought a patch was part of the native app, scroll down for fix

FALSE:
    you can no longer manually enter a page number or set/view bookmarks

this pretty much makes the device useless for textbooks. are there any other pdf viewer apps? im going to have to sell this and buy an ipad now. finals are coming up and i use this 100% for my books. totally ****ed and let down yet again by bad webos development. know of any hacks to get this obvious basic functionality back?
    Last edited by pliers; 04/06/2012 at 12:57 PM.
    you can no longer manually enter a page number or set/view bookmarks

this pretty much makes the device useless for textbooks. are there any other pdf viewer apps? im going to have to sell this and buy an ipad now. finals are coming up and i use this 100% for my books. totally ****ed and let down yet again by bad webos development. know of any hacks to get this obvious basic functionality back?
    See ya.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    What are you talking about? Entering page numbers and bookmarks where homebrew patches, those always break with a new upstream version…
    Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    What are you talking about? Entering page numbers and bookmarks where homebrew patches, those always break with a new upstream version…
    nice thx, dont recall installing that. dont see it in my installed patches list, anyone know what its called in preware?
    sorry for the tone, im in class frustrated and need to use book for assignment. I just purchased smartoffice, but cant figure out how to manually enter page number, anyone know? (sry for this spam) Its gonna take me like 5 min to scroll 1000 pages grr
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Vistaus likes this.
    thank you. also they DO have that built in. http://forums.webosnation.com/native...be-reader.html

set hastoc to true and goto to true. then you tap the page number at bottom and get a nifty numpad popup to go to page. that might have already been available though with the update

or just reinstall the patch posted by filmor, it still works with update 4/3 and retains your bookmarks/settings
    Last edited by pliers; 04/06/2012 at 01:11 PM.