Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By rbyrne
  • 1 Post By gaitch32
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    It would be really great if Opera would support webOS. I know its a long shot but i think if we show them there is demand it may be worth a shot..

there is a discussion on it here: Opera for webOS (Palm Pre, Pixi, Veer, Pre 3, Touchpad, Pre 2, etc) - Mobile wish-list - Opera Community

the least we can all do is show our interest?
    ChrisFFM86 and royalt1217 like this.
    To go with this, we also need the ability to select the default browser. Hopefully openwebOS will allow this.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    That can surely be patched? I will admit i do not know that much about coding but surely with webOS now being open source Opera would have everything they need to get their browser on the touchpad.

Also with no other competition I'm sure many people would spend 5 for a decent broswer
    I'm all in! Long time Opera user.
    And played with the version on iPad2 at friends house. Like it much more than mobile safari of course.
    Pretty nice interface and snappy
    Ill comment on it, we have been trying since the pre- came out but it cant hurt.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Quote Originally Posted by BradE View Post
    To go with this, we also need the ability to select the default browser. Hopefully openwebOS will allow this.
    If they don't PDK it, then we can patch it to make it default (just like the patch in Preware to make Advanced Browser default).
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    yeah, i tried to drum up support for this about 4 months ago or so. nobody here seemed really interested in trying to convince them or any other browser developer to port it to webos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    If they don't PDK it, then we can patch it to make it default (just like the patch in Preware to make Advanced Browser default).
    You can make the browser show up as available to set as default in Settings, Device Info, Default Applications by adding the mime types to the appinfo.json file. I did that with Advanced Browser before the patch came out and it worked fine. Here is the first part of my old file.

"mimeTypes":[{"urlPattern":"^https?:"},
    {"mime":"text/html","extension":"html"},
    {"mime":"text/html","extension":"htm"},
    {"mime":"application/xhtml+xml","extension":"xhtml"}],
    "id": "com.maklesoft.browser",
    "version": "1.2.5",
    "vendor": "MaKleSoft",
    "type": "web",
    "main": "index.html",
    "title": "Advanced Browser",
    "icon": "icon.png",
    "splashicon": "icon-256x256.png",
    "uiRevision": 2,
    "copyright": "&copy; 2011 MaKleSoft",

The stuff before the "id": "com.maklesoft.browser", makes it show up as a choice. Once you do that you won't have to add it again even if the app updates.
    Last edited by gaitch32; 04/04/2012 at 06:03 PM. Reason: correction
    creepingmee likes this.
    Well I made the thread so :P
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Well I made the thread so :P
    Which thread? Not sure what you mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaitch32 View Post
    You can make the browser show up as available to set as default in Settings, Device Info, Default Applications by adding the mime types to the appinfo.json file. I did that with Advanced Browser before the patch came out and it worked fine. Here is the first part of my old file.

"mimeTypes":[{"urlPattern":"^https?:"},
    {"mime":"text/html","extension":"html"},
    {"mime":"text/html","extension":"htm"},
    {"mime":"application/xhtml+xml","extension":"xhtml"}],
    "id": "com.maklesoft.browser",
    "version": "1.2.5",
    "vendor": "MaKleSoft",
    "type": "web",
    "main": "index.html",
    "title": "Advanced Browser",
    "icon": "icon.png",
    "splashicon": "icon-256x256.png",
    "uiRevision": 2,
    "copyright": "&copy; 2011 MaKleSoft",

The stuff before the "id": "com.maklesoft.browser", makes it show up as a choice. Once you do that you won't have to add it again even if the app updates.
    That's because Advanced Browser is a native app. I was talking about PDK-apps. Read next time.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gaitch32 View Post
    Which thread? Not sure what you mean.
    I think he means the Thread in the Opera forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    That's because Advanced Browser is a native app. I was talking about PDK-apps. Read next time.
    PDK and native are the same thing
    .. SDK/Web?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: