Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes
  1.    #141  
    I have made a signup form for contributors. Please send any further contribution offers to the form: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...MnE5amMtRXc6MQ
    If you have already made an offer, please send it here again so I have your email and a bit more info.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Ahh, that's why it never worked. You told me your locale was en_US, but it's actually en_AU. All I have to do is register that on the server and it should work.
    Sorry. I was obviously looking in the wrong place.

en_AU locale is now registered. @johncc: You can try the patch again.
    I will give it a try.
    Thanks for changing en_AU, incognito did not display this but en_US, think we looking in wrong place too.

I will also test for en_AU working with the new preware pivot. really looking forward to seeing pivot change

Update: WebOS Pivot working for Australia, just using preware patch no tweaks. Thank you GMMan and preware and all users who helped.
    Last edited by Firepower; 04/16/2012 at 05:46 PM.
    khazoury likes this.
    en_AU locale is now registered. @johncc: You can try the patch again.
    I was able to get the HB Pivot with the new patch only after installing Tweaks. I can now freely get it with the original patch. Thank you.

EDIT: Note that it takes about 10 minutes for the update to happen after installing the patch.
    Last edited by johncc; 04/16/2012 at 12:41 AM.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I think instead of having editions in different languages, there should be national pages. For example a french page maintained by webOSfrance containing news of french developers and coders, french apps, maybe efforts of convincing SFR to roll out 2.2.4 for the veer? :-)
    A Meetup corner with fotos and interesting chats would be possible.

Since I understand the french language, I would read the page and would offer some help translating their apps.

Cheers,
    Proximity
    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I might have missed something but I followed the basic steps several times yesterday including multiple uninstall/reinstalls and reboots with no result. The minute I installed Tweaks it works and I now have the April 2012 "issue" . Is Tweaks a pre requisite or is it possible the one who got it to work already had Tweaks installed?

Other thoughts - any way to be able to select the issue you are looking at? Currently you get to see the latest issue only but might be cool to be able to look back for old app reviews or features.

New Zealand English BTW
    I think a drop down list by issue or date would be great, to view passt issues, one thing i did not like about hp pivot could not see back issues, I sure there will be many technical or how to's article in the new pivot so being able to review past article will be good.
    sledge007 likes this.
  8.    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1965 View Post
    I might have missed something but I followed the basic steps several times yesterday including multiple uninstall/reinstalls and reboots with no result. The minute I installed Tweaks it works and I now have the April 2012 "issue" . Is Tweaks a pre requisite or is it possible the one who got it to work already had Tweaks installed?
    I noticed there's a bug with the patch's Tweaks code. I'll fix that soon.
  9.    #149  
    Regarding selecting back issues: With the current App Catalog code it may be hard because the code is all jumbled up into one file and every time HP releases an update for the App Catalog the homebrew stuff will be wiped. I could make an app to switch between issues, but it won't be able to view any of the issues from within the app. It's sort of a split deal.
    Regarding selecting back issues: With the current App Catalog code it may be hard because the code is all jumbled up into one file and every time HP releases an update for the App Catalog the homebrew stuff will be wiped. I could make an app to switch between issues, but it won't be able to view any of the issues from within the app. It's sort of a split deal.
    If you know the URLs of the editions, could the selection be done in Tweaks?
  11.    #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    If you know the URLs of the editions, could the selection be done in Tweaks?
    It has to be parsed from the initial server request. Of course that can be changed, but I think it's user unfriendly to paste a long URL into Tweaks.
  12.    #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by dignitary View Post
    It just occurred to me...

...is "Pivot" a copyrighted or otherwise trademarked term either by HP or the producers of the former publication in general?

You might want to look into that.
    There was an article on webOS Nation about the trademark "Pivot". Chances are it has to be changed at some time, but that'll be determined as the project progresses.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    There was an article on webOS Nation about the trademark "Pivot". Chances are it has to be changed at some time, but that'll be determined as the project progresses.
    Maybe HP allows to use the name (;
    Just want to offer my skills:

– graphic design (typography, color, screen designs/user interfaces, buttons, symbols, collages)
    – web design (knowledge and usage of HTML and CSS, basic understanding of scripts e. g. PHP)
    – layout

Call me via PM!
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    Could not get English Canada to work so I switched to English United States in location settings. It did a reboot and now the July Pivot now shows up.
    Last edited by QuayPad; 04/22/2012 at 08:34 AM.
  16.    #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuayPad View Post
    Could not get English Canada to work so I switched to English United States in location settings. It did a reboot and now the July Pivot now shows up.
    Sorry, the current patch has a bug that prevents the system from working if you don't have Tweaks installed. I haven't worked on an update on the weekend because I was a bit busy, but I'll try pushing it out this week.
    I installed the homebrew pivot, but it's not showing anything, maybe because my locale is set to italian?
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I installed the homebrew pivot, but it's not showing anything, maybe because my locale is set to italian?
    It mine just 'some time' to download the hombre pivot. Or it might have even been just a restart that did it.

Sent from a Hpre², HPre³,HPTP 16/32 using Communities.
  19.    #159  
    This patch is deprecated. Please get the latest version from Preware. (The patch actually didn't solve the problem it was designed to solve.)

As promised, here's the updated patch. I haven't tested it yet, so it's in alpha, but the minor adjustment should work. Report success and I'll send it off to Preware.

Thanks to sledge007 for instructions on installing the patch from the forums:
    1. Click "Email Attachment" beside the patch download link to email the patch to yourself.
    2. Open the email.
    3. Tap and hold the attachment until "Save Attachment" pops up.
    4. Open up Internalz Pro (available from Preware) and navigate to "/media/internal/downloads" (tap the home button on the upper right corner, and tap "downloads" from the list).
    5. Find "homebrew-pivot.patch" and open it, install it, and restart Luna when prompted.
    6. The patch is installed. Open App Catalog, close it, and wait a few minutes. When you open it again, the test issue should show.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Will the month change tomorrow?
    I'm giddy with anticipation!
    You plug your phone in?