Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I'm in Spain, with a Spanish profile, but the TP was never released here and my Magazine property in Impostah is empty

I installed the path but I don't see the magazine.
    Any idea about how can I get it?
    Could you add a "tweak" for allow us to download others locale's?
  2.    #122  
    I've put in a new troubleshooting section in the first post. Follow that if you're having problems. Post logs here (as an attachment) or on a text pasting website so I can go through the log and see what's being weird.
  3.    #123  
    es_ES locale registered. Open the App Catalog, wait for it to load, close it, and wait a couple minutes for the magazine to download. Then you should get it when you open App Catalog again.

Quote Originally Posted by jdevora View Post
    Could you add a "tweak" for allow us to download others locale's?
    It's possible.
    I'd like to pitch in to help, as a writer or proof reader, content editor, researcher etc. let me know!
    Given all of the talk about not App Catalog content, should the project be moving toward a free standing magazine application?
  6.    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Given all of the talk about not App Catalog content, should the project be moving toward a free standing magazine application?
    Well, I would like to not have to write the magazine display code from scratch. Maybe if HP would allow us to just copy the code, that would be easier.

(And we'd still have November Pivot or Featured Apps on the App Catalog.)
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Well, I would like to not have to write the magazine display code from scratch. Maybe if HP would allow us to just copy the code, that would be easier.

(And we'd still have November Pivot or Featured Apps on the App Catalog.)
    Maybe after September then.
    Could you run the following command and show me the output? I want to know what is stored in the magazine database. That may lead to some clues.

`luna-send -f -n 1 -a com.palm.appcatalog luna://com.palm.db/find '{"query":{"from":"com.palm.appcatalog.editioninfo:3"}}'`
    Tried that but did not get anything.

BTW That luna-send command line in the OP seems to have a missing final apostrophe.
    French app catalog, fr_FR locale. Works like a charm! Beautiful work...
    I volunteer as an app developer, photographer and French translator or local editor. I'm sure the webOS fr community will volunteer too...
    FML/VDM HD: LOL with your Touchpad: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec....app4me2.fmlhd
  10.    #130  
    Tried that but did not get anything.

BTW That luna-send command line in the OP seems to have a missing final apostrophe.
    ... Don't include the backticks. (I would have put it in between code tags, but ever since the forums migrated to the new domain it has been screwed up.) Did you get a blank response, or just no response?
    ... Don't include the backticks. (I would have put it in between code tags, but ever since the forums migrated to the new domain it has been screwed up.) Did you get a blank response, or just no response?
    Actually, I just tried it again and got some results. In attached image...

I should mention that I have had to resort to the method from post #77 again to get a display of the test Pivot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Installed on the GB version of the HP App Catalog.

Worked fine after a little troubleshooting (thanks for the guide)

Article fonts are a little blurry, but everything else works fine.

I know what Homebrew patch we will be featuring this week

I am very excited to see this project get off the ground.
  13.    #133  
    Actually, I just tried it again and got some results. In attached image...

Click to view quoted image

I should mention that I have had to resort to the method from post #77 again to get a display of the test Pivot.
    Ahh, that's why it never worked. You told me your locale was en_US, but it's actually en_AU. All I have to do is register that on the server and it should work.
    as the only remaining german webOS-Blogger i would love to participate with my community in the project. i've set up a blogpost already to collect ideas for pivot 2.0 :-)

Pivot für das HP Touchpad könnte bald von der Community fortgeführt werden | webOS Blog

julian
  15.    #135  
    en_AU locale is now registered. @johncc: You can try the patch again.
    THANKS! finally my TP's are out of November 2011 :-)
    sent from my HP Touchpad OR AmigaOne X1000
    AmigaOS lives !
  17.    #137  
    I have started a new thread for recruiting and planning. Please see webOS Nation/Homebrew Pivot Collaboration Planning if you are interested in contributing to this project.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I'd love to be able to pitch in and help! I can proofread in both English and French, being fluent in both languages, write any articles necessary or help out with the photography. If there's anything that I can do, let me know! I'm always eager to help out.
  19.    #139  
    Updated patch is now on Preware. The update contains customizable options in Tweaks. The options are in the System section of Tweaks, under the "webOS Pivot in App Catalog" heading. Here's a description of the options:
    -Use Homebrew Pivot: If you want to receive the old HP Pivot, tap the switch to disable the homebrew feed. Open up App Catalog, close it, and wait around 10 minutes for the magazine to download.
    -Feed URL: Reserved for internal testing and future use. If you have a feed URL, paste it here (don't forget the trailing slash), and update the magazine by opening App Catalog.

Note that it's unnecessary to restart Luna after changing these options.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Updated patch is now on Preware. ....
    doesn't work for me. in tweaks the patch is found ... ??
    locale is de_DE

it works now (after waiting 10 mins after a device restart)
    :-)
    Last edited by conum; 04/15/2012 at 04:46 PM. Reason: error
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast