Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 256
Like Tree47Likes
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    I think that's some sort of default page the App Catalog presents when it can't find Pivot. I've seen it in a screenshot some time ago, and it looks like it's a 1-3 page deal.

    Progress report: I've started on making the test edition. It will contain a cover, letter, TOC, Opening Shot, some lorem ipsum, and an app feature (using Homebrew Documentation as an example). Anyone have a good idea for the opening shot?
    Very excited to see this!
  2.    #42  
    Here is the new patch. Instead of removing "var options", only "headers" is commented out. This should work. (I took out the headers because I don't need your device ID, token and email, and there's no point for Dropbox to have it either.)

    This patch is available in Preware! Search for "Homebrew Pivot".

    Update: Please see here for the latest version. The patch in Preware is one version newer than the attached and one older than the latest.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    sledge007, EvanKr and ice8lue like this.
  3. #43  
    Working here. Really nice job! You need a donate button

    Spoke too soon. Closed the catalog, reopened, and back to November
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Spoke too soon. Closed the catalog, reopened, and back to November
    Well, not sure what happened there. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $there$ $is$ $only$ $one$ $point$ $of$ $entry$ $for$ $Pivot$, $and$ $that$ $is$ $through$ $the$ $App$ $Catalog$ $service$. $Could$ $you$ $check$ $that$ $the$ $file$ $edited$ $by$ $the$ $patch$ $is$ $not$ $reverted$? ($See$ $the$ $patch$ $text$ $for$ $changes$.)

    BTW, every time opening the Catalog seems to trigger an update.

    Check the logs for the App Catalog service and see if after opening the Catalog it tells you what URL it's trying to get. It should be a Dropbox URL. Make sure logging is not turned down to minimal.
  5. #45  
    I uninstalled Muffle System Logging. Stepped away from my TouchPad for a few hours, and just opened it up, and it's looking like it's working again. Unfortunately, I didn't take Latin, so page 5 is incomprehensible for me, and I haven't bothered to Google Translate, lol. I'm not sure what is supposed to be implied with the "Oval" button, pressing it and "returning home". Returning "home" within the app, would mean going back to the first page, I think it would be better worded as simply "Press the dark oval button on the surface of your TouchPad to minimize the card/app/Pivot/etc"

    I've tried this several times now, so maybe you stabilized it since we last spoke? Or maybe it had something to do with me removing that patch, as that's the only thing I've changed on my end?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Here is the new patch. Instead of removing "var options", only "headers" is commented out. This should work. (I took out the headers because I don't need your device ID, token and email, and there's no point for Dropbox to have it either.)
    Still doesn't work for me.

    Once it's all sorted out we need WebOS Nation to host, publish and regularly update an alternative to Pivot.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Still doesn't work for me.

    Once it's all sorted out we need WebOS Nation to host, publish and regularly update an alternative to Pivot.
    If this happens, I would be more than happy to help with this from a Graphic design point of view.
  8. #48  
    Here's the title page.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  9. dafyddg's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Quick survey: who has Pivot right now and who has Featured Apps? ... Please state your App Catalog country, language, and system locale (if different).
    Germany, German.
  10. dafyddg's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    ... Locales en_US, en_CA, en_GB, and en_IE are in place. If your Pivot does not update, tell me your locale code...
    Germany, de_DE ?
  11. gastr's Avatar
    Posts
    149 Posts
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Quick survey: who has Pivot right now and who has Featured Apps? I want to make sure when I'm making the patch everyone will get the homebrew Pivot instead of the Featured Apps. Please state your App Catalog country, language, and system locale (if different).
    i have november pivot (sports issue), not featured apps. UK, UK english.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Unfortunately, I didn't take Latin, so page 5 is incomprehensible for me, and I haven't bothered to Google Translate, lol.
    That's just the standard Lorem Ipsum text for testing the font and layout.

    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I'm not sure what is supposed to be implied with the "Oval" button, pressing it and "returning home". Returning "home" within the app, would mean going back to the first page, I think it would be better worded as simply "Press the dark oval button on the surface of your TouchPad to minimize the card/app/Pivot/etc"
    I took that directly from Issue 2 of Pivot. The one from November had screenshots from that issue, so I didn't want to use that. Chances are sometime in the future I'll need to actually make that page.

    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I've tried this several times now, so maybe you stabilized it since we last spoke? Or maybe it had something to do with me removing that patch, as that's the only thing I've changed on my end?
    I haven't changed anything since Monday. I think it might just be the first time around one of the downloaded files were corrupt and the App Catalog reverted.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Still doesn't work for me.
    Locale? Can I guess en_AU? (I have locale-based server responses implemented instead of a single unified response, so different locales might not get the updated issue because the locale is not available. Also it's Dropbox, so I can't write a script to serve server responses.)

    de_DE is now registered on the server. Those of you using that locale should get the issue, though it'll be in English (I don't know German, nor have a copy of the original Pivot in German).
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Here is the new patch. Instead of removing "var options", only "headers" is commented out. This should work. (I took out the headers because I don't need your device ID, token and email, and there's no point for Dropbox to have it either.)
    so how do I install this patch? TP says can't open MIME type, tried emailing the attachment as well.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Quick survey: who has Pivot right now and who has Featured Apps? I want to make sure when I'm making the patch everyone will get the homebrew Pivot instead of the Featured Apps. Please state your App Catalog country, language, and system locale (if different).
    ha... South of the border we still see the July issue.... I guess the locale is es_MX
  16. #56  
    hmm I can not install the patch ?
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 04/11/2012 at 03:30 PM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Locale? .
    Where do I get the locale from?
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnowoss View Post
    so how do I install this patch? TP says can't open MIME type, tried emailing the attachment as well.
    Email the attachment to yourself.
    Open the email.
    Press & Hold the Attachment until you see Save Attachment.
    Open Internalz Pro(found in Preware or App Catalog), navigate to media/internal/downloads
    Find homebrew-pivot.patch, open it, then install it. Luna restart when instructed.
    Patch Installed.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  19. #59  
    Installed patch, Patch installed successfully, now have the test Pivot Looks great!
  20.    #60  
    es_MX locale has been registered. Same as above, the magazine will be in English.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions