webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > webOS Nation Pivot
webOS Nation Pivot
  Reply
Like Tree47Likes

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10/24/2012, 01:12 AM   #221 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
I wasn't aware that there was anything after that yet?
Haven't the August and September issues been around for some time.? At least that is my understanding, that's why i asked for support in any case. It appears a lot of people are stuck in the i know you are antsy screen.
kkalogia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/25/2012, 11:56 AM   #222 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer
 
RumoredNow's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,230
I too am stuck at the "I know you're antsy" screen with a loading bar that never completes...

And is the URL I have in tweaks correct???

en_US

Installed HB Pivot + Luna reset - Opened App Cat, closed App Cat, Opened App Cat - reset Luna - reboot - removed Muffle System Logging + reboot...

Nothing...
__________________
Nokia Lumia 925 (T-Mobile Variant): Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developers
LG Nexus 4 (16GB): Sailfish OS EA3
Dell Venue 8 Pro (32GB): Windows 8.1 Desktop OS w/ Office 2013 H&S
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/25/2012, 12:00 PM   #223 (permalink)
Member
 
geekpeter's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
I wasn't aware that there was anything after that yet?
webOS onTap | The Homebrew App Catalog Magazine scrolling down for the slideshow, theres augusts date in their pics, i just assumed it had been up and running since then but never filtered my way. as i also have the "i know your antsy" message

also wasnt sure what the situation was as i haventeven seen any kind of fanfare or annoucement anywhere on webosnations either, at least nothing i noticed.
__________________
Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
geekpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/2012, 01:52 AM   #224 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

 
Posts: 3,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
webOS onTap | The Homebrew App Catalog Magazine scrolling down for the slideshow, theres augusts date in their pics, i just assumed it had been up and running since then but never filtered my way. as i also have the "i know your antsy" message

also wasnt sure what the situation was as i haventeven seen any kind of fanfare or annoucement anywhere on webosnations either, at least nothing i noticed.
I see. I thought it was supposed to be out in August too, but never saw anything. Assumed it just got delayed.
__________________
Author:
Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2012, 01:39 PM   #225 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer
 
pattyland's Avatar
 
Posts: 191
I was also annoyed by the women ... So:

Quote:
Originally Posted by klx300r View Post
heck even a different backdrop every month will be better than being stuck on November forever :-)
Enter "http://pivot.pattyland.de/" for a brand new picture

Is there still interest in a new pivot? The team from onTap seems to be busy with porting Open webOS to other devices...

My Idea would be a wordpress Blog, where anyone can register and write articles... But I don't wont to make concurrence to something that isn't even started Is there anyone active working on this?

EDIT: I use php and mod_rewrite to accept all countries, Feedback would be nice!

Last edited by pattyland; 11/12/2012 at 03:09 PM. Reason: new feature
pattyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2012, 04:51 PM   #226 (permalink)
Member
 
brandongoeszoom's Avatar
 
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyland View Post

Is there still interest in a new pivot? The team from onTap seems to be busy with porting Open webOS to other devices...

My Idea would be a wordpress Blog, where anyone can register and write articles... But I don't wont to make concurrence to something that isn't even started Is there anyone active working on this?
Well, we do have a Blogger (personally I like Wordpress better, so we can easily transfer the posts if a Wordpress version was to be made), but since many of us are students and/or have jobs and other time consuming duties (and the lack of any real webOS news [or that many new webOS apps]), onTap basically came to a stand still. Personally, I'm still up for writing if we can find more writers to help contribute!
__________________
"Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible and achieves the impossible." - Charles Caleb Colton
brandongoeszoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 04:49 AM   #227 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer
 
pattyland's Avatar
 
Posts: 191
Import would be no problem Maybee we could something with Twitter and RSS Feeds from webosnation etc? I think to build a new "magazine" is too much...

The question is whether it is worthwhile to program that, afaik because the effort is not just a little ... Strang design this "pivot", I alway thought it were a simple webview
pattyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 09:21 AM   #228 (permalink)
Member
 
kevets's Avatar
 
Posts: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyland View Post
Import would be no problem Maybee we could something with Twitter and RSS Feeds from webosnation etc? I think to build a new "magazine" is too much...

The question is whether it is worthwhile to program that, afaik because the effort is not just a little ... Strang design this "pivot", I alway thought it were a simple webview
Yeah heck, it could link to an imaginary webosnation app review section
__________________
White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
kevets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 09:55 AM   #229 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer
 
pattyland's Avatar
 
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevets View Post
Yeah heck, it could link to an imaginary webosnation app review section
@kevets: I'm not sure wether your post is a joke or an idea^^

By "RSS Feeds from webosnation" I ment news and all webosnation write
__________________
pattyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 10:15 AM   #230 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 8
I am getting the same issue as others have expressed. No update to the Ontap screen. I still have the "I know you're antsy." screen with a blue bar that is roughly 90% complete but never moves any further (not even sure it's supposed to move). I have always just thought that things were way way behind schedule. Since reading the latest posts I have tried some of the same things as others (uninstalling patch, reinstalling patch, disabling in tweeks, etc.) . Nothing seems to have worked.

Is the feed url still the same? I have it as http ://ontap.datajog.com/server/
Lab_R4t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 10:27 AM   #231 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer
 
pattyland's Avatar
 
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab_R4t View Post
I am getting the same issue as others have expressed. No update to the Ontap screen. I still have the "I know you're antsy." screen with a blue bar that is roughly 90% complete but never moves any further (not even sure it's supposed to move). I have always just thought that things were way way behind schedule. Since reading the latest posts I have tried some of the same things as others (uninstalling patch, reinstalling patch, disabling in tweeks, etc.) . Nothing seems to have worked.

Is the feed url still the same? I have it as http ://ontap.datajog.com/server/
Why do you all think that's an error? The progressbar is at 93%, a value that us fetches from http://webosontap.com/progress.json. I think that is should show they are to 93% ready, but the project is frozen now... Read a few posts about mine

Now I'm thinking about starting my own pivot... If there are people who would use it :/


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________

Last edited by pattyland; 11/13/2012 at 12:25 PM.
pattyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by gderoiste likes this.
Old 11/15/2012, 06:38 AM   #232 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer
 
pattyland's Avatar
 
Posts: 191
So here is my first Alpha: pattyland's Pivot

I wrote a generator in PHP, that fetchs RSS Feeds from webosnation, convert the text into images, and pack them to a new pivot.

Please notice that this is more a proof of concept than a real pivot, but you can't damage anything, and can always revert back to the november girls

Please give me Feedback wether it works! I only generate pictures in landscape for now, so thats rather a feature than a bug
Attached Images
File Type: png enyo-findapps_2012-15-11_160404.png (234.5 KB, 32 views) Email Attachment
__________________

Last edited by pattyland; 11/15/2012 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Attatched picture
pattyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by geekpeter and RumoredNow like this.
Thanked By: RumoredNow
Old 11/15/2012, 11:28 AM   #233 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer
 
RumoredNow's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,230
Way to take the initiative, pattyland.

I put the URL in Tweaks and opened the App Catalog...

I get the message "Need a quick script for assembling..."

What went wrong? Is there a patch I might be missing?
__________________
Nokia Lumia 925 (T-Mobile Variant): Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developers
LG Nexus 4 (16GB): Sailfish OS EA3
Dell Venue 8 Pro (32GB): Windows 8.1 Desktop OS w/ Office 2013 H&S
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/2012, 11:59 AM   #234 (permalink)
Member
 
GMMan's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
Way to take the initiative, pattyland.

I put the URL in Tweaks and opened the App Catalog...

I get the message "Need a quick script for assembling..."

What went wrong? Is there a patch I might be missing?
Wait for the edition to download, then launch App Catalog again.

@pattyland: It's easier if you write some code to pull data on the client's side to subscribe to webOS Nation's RSS feed and output it as text. Look inside the teaser page for Enyo code to do so.
__________________
Contact: @GMMan_BZFlag (me on Twitter)
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/2012, 12:25 PM   #235 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer
 
pattyland's Avatar
 
Posts: 191
@RumoredNow: If waiting doesn't help, turn the patch off, and open/close AppCatalog to load the official pivot. After that, turn the patch back on That's to most craziest way to update a newsfeed I ever saw... o_O

@GMMan: Yeah, I already take a look on the teaeser, but I never did anything in Enyo before, so I did the HP way^^
I think I take a look at Enyo, looks really cool
__________________
pattyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/2012, 12:35 PM   #236 (permalink)
Member
 
GMMan's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,136
The magazine downloads when App Catalog is opened. It calls the AppCat service to check for a new edition. The only other time it will attempt to update is on scheduled activities.
__________________
Contact: @GMMan_BZFlag (me on Twitter)
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by pattyland likes this.
Old 01/10/2013, 06:36 AM   #237 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 46
WebOs pivot getting stuck at 'Somthing to stare at: http.........'

Any help ?
pingenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/2013, 05:12 PM   #238 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer
 
pattyland's Avatar
 
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by pingenet View Post
WebOs pivot getting stuck at 'Somthing to stare at: http.........'

Any help ?
Are you testing the homebrew pivot?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
pattyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/2013, 09:46 AM   #239 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 46
Yes i am testing Homebrew Pivot but i can't get back to the normal startscreen even if i uninstal the homebrew pivot patch....
pingenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2013, 07:18 AM   #240 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 46
any news ?
pingenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0