Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes
    Well I installed Tweaks app and then installed the Preware Pivot Patch and it is now working. So now is there a newer edition then April or is that coming after the name pick? I'm hoping for onTap
    Last edited by Tallgiese; 06/19/2012 at 11:09 AM.
    Did you still want me to post the logs even if I got it to work? I like it can't wait for the name reveal and first “official” issue.
    <<thread moved>>
  4.    #184  
    I've just sent off the latest patch to Preware. It has the Tweaks problem fixed once and for all, and also has the default feed URL updated.
  5.    #185  
    It looks like the patch is taking some time to get approved. Meanwhile, I'll post the patch here.

Thanks to sledge007 for instructions on installing the patch from the forums:
    1. Click "Email Attachment" beside the patch download link to email the patch to yourself.
    2. Open the email.
    3. Tap and hold the attachment until "Save Attachment" pops up.
    4. Open up Internalz Pro (available from Preware) and navigate to "/media/internal/downloads" (tap the home button on the upper right corner, and tap "downloads" from the list).
    5. Find "homebrew-pivot.patch" and open it, install it, and restart Luna when prompted.
    6. The patch is installed. Open App Catalog, close it, and wait a few minutes. When you open it again, the test issue should show.

Please copy the Tweaks file to
    Code:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/preferences/
    Please remove the .txt extension when you put it on your device.

Changes in this release:
    • The problem with Tweaks not installed causing the patch to not work is fixed, once and for all.
    • The custom Pivot code has been moved to a separate function (in part to fix the Tweaks issue).
    • The feed link has been updated to http://ontap.datajog.com/server/.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  6.    #186  
    Also: The project now has an official website. Visit http://www.webosontap.com. There's not much to note on there right now, but the web design people will be working on it. Also, if you are an developer, and you want to have your app featured in the magazine, please email developers@webosontap.com.
    Just want to report I downloaded the webOS Homebrew Pivot patch from Preware today. Shows as April addition and the link to the Preware Homebrew Documentation worked. I'm getting the feeling this isn't the official webOSonTap edition but not sure.

Also the page that states "How's this page lookin'?" appears to be written in Latin.

The only real criticism I can give (hopefully constructive) is that the text in the whole edition looks slightly spotty (the actual text doesn't appear to be completely solid); but still very much readable.

Thanks to all who have worked on this. It's nice to get Pivot back!
  8.    #188  
    Quote Originally Posted by evacaf View Post
    Shows as April addition and the link to the Preware Homebrew Documentation worked. I'm getting the feeling this isn't the official webOSonTap edition but not sure.
    It isn't. It's the one I made back in April to show that the magazine download can be redirected.

Also the page that states "How's this page lookin'?" appears to be written in Latin.
    That is true. It's the standard Lorem Ipsum text.

The only real criticism I can give (hopefully constructive) is that the text in the whole edition looks slightly spotty (the actual text doesn't appear to be completely solid); but still very much readable.
    That's the result of Word->PDF->PNG->resized PNG. I opted for sharpening when resizing, because it looked a bit wishy-washy on Word.
    Earlier this evening, l:

1. Installed the new App Catalog update.
    2. Discovered & installed the new HB Pivot patch on Preware.
    3. Did a Luna restart.

Now when I open the App Catalog, I'm still seeing the same old Spring Featured Apps edition. Could the App Catalog update have messed with the HB Pivot patch install?

FYI, I had not previously installed the HB Pivot patch.
    Preware update and Luna restart leaves me with an unchanged APRIL 2012 edition.
    Lol ... donwloaded homebrew pivot a while ago. still had the Sept 2011 issue. Forgot about it.
    On friday I downloaded the update. I restarted my TP and started AppCat. Still Sept2011.
    Today: April2012 ... so I get to read this now.
    Towmorrow the actual version? *hopeful look in my eyes*

ps: got Lorem ipsum (Winword filler text) as well

but keep up the good work. It's good to see that the community still cares!
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    happy to help as a writer, etc.
    cheers,
    mohit.
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    Earlier this evening, l:

3. Did a Luna restart.

Now when I open the App Catalog, I'm still seeing the same old Spring Featured Apps edition. Could the App Catalog update have messed with the HB Pivot patch install?

I opened the App Catalog just now, and lo and behold, there's the HB Pivot page! It wasn't there last night, so it took 4 days after installation to start working!

Don't get me wrong--I'm glad to finally see it--but that's definitely weird.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    havent read all 10 pages, but curious if this new pivot will incorporate any of the articles that webosnation posts? might be kind of cool to somehow integrate some of that into it.
    T-Pad likes this.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Hi,
    After installing he path, when I go to the " lastest apps", the books category is selected and I can't deselect it for see the "all apps" category

Is that a known bug? Any work around?

Cheers JD
  16.    #196  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdevora View Post
    Hi,
    After installing he path, when I go to the " lastest apps", the books category is selected and I can't deselect it for see the "all apps" category

Is that a known bug? Any work around?

Cheers JD
    This patch does not fix that. The patch only changes the Pivot download location, and does not touch any other part of App Catalog. Your problem is probably due to an error on HP's side, as they push app feeds from their App Catalog server.
  17.    #197  
    Earlier this evening, l:

3. Did a Luna restart.

Please try the troubleshooting steps at the beginning of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Preware update and Luna restart leaves me with an unchanged APRIL 2012 edition.
    It's still the same edition. The patch is only updated to fix the problem with Tweaks, and does not provide a new edition. All edition updates are pulled from the feed server, and there isn't anything new yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
    Lol ... donwloaded homebrew pivot a while ago. still had the Sept 2011 issue. Forgot about it.
    On friday I downloaded the update. I restarted my TP and started AppCat. Still Sept2011.
    Today: April2012 ... so I get to read this now.
    Towmorrow the actual version? *hopeful look in my eyes*

ps: got Lorem ipsum (Winword filler text) as well

but keep up the good work. It's good to see that the community still cares!
    There should be a new issue quite soon. We're still working on it, and there have been quite a lot of progress.

Quote Originally Posted by mohits View Post
    happy to help as a writer, etc.
    cheers,
    mohit.
    Please use the official sign up sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...MnE5amMtRXc6MQ

I opened the App Catalog just now, and lo and behold, there's the HB Pivot page! It wasn't there last night, so it took 4 days after installation to start working!

Don't get me wrong--I'm glad to finally see it--but that's definitely weird.
    Maybe you updated the patch? The problem with Tweaks I finally managed to fix, and was pushed out less than a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    havent read all 10 pages, but curious if this new pivot will incorporate any of the articles that webosnation posts? might be kind of cool to somehow integrate some of that into it.
    We're seeing if it's possible to inject some code into the magazine pages to allow downloading new content dynamically as the magazine is being read, as opposed to having to cache everything from the server first. Getting the first issue out is our first priority right now, so there may not be enough time for R&D, but after the first issue there'll be more time to investigate how the magazine framework really works.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    This patch does not fix that. The patch only changes the Pivot download location, and does not touch any other part of App Catalog. Your problem is probably due to an error on HP's side, as they push app feeds from their App Catalog server.
    Hi,
    No, everything works fine.
    When I install the patch happens what I described, I can ONLY see the latest apps one category at the time (see the attached image) http://tinypic.com/r/34ngny9/6

When I uninstall the patch everything goes back to normal (I can see ALL the latest apps, not only one category at the time)

Looks like some kind of side effect of the patch, I repeated the install/uninstall two times already with the same effects.

Cheers
    JD
    Last edited by jdevora; 07/15/2012 at 07:07 AM.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    i have a similar problem (tp 3.0.5, german).
    i have no access to "all" new apps, only to the categories (books, business etc).
    but this problem occurs with and without the homebrew-pivot-patch.
    (restartet touchpad several times - no luck -. and there was no change with the newest app-catalog 5.0.3400)
    it's a desaster:
    without homebrew-pivot-patch i see those silly ball-playing girls (sports-issue from november (!) 2011) and with homebrew-pivot-patch there's only lore ipsum blablabla
    Last edited by conum; 07/15/2012 at 07:44 AM.
  20.    #200  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdevora View Post
    Hi,
    No, everything works fine.
    When I install the patch happens what I described, I can ONLY see the latest apps one category at the time (see the attached image) Click to view quoted image
    Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

When I uninstall the patch everything goes back to normal (I can see ALL the latest apps, not only one category at the time)

Looks like some kind of side effect of the patch, I repeated the install/uninstall two times already with the same effects.

Cheers
    JD
    That's weird. What locale and App Catalog country are you using? I want to try it out on my TP. In any case, the patch doesn't touch the app at all, and there's only one new function and minor modifications to the service.