Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
    Bought this one in App Catalog today, however on Veer 2.2.3/2.2.4 it seems to keep searching forever and not returning a result. Any ideas? It seems to work OK on 2.1.2? It finds the song in less then 10 seconds on 2.1.2, however on 2.2.4 it won't find the same song after 20+ minutes even!

Nevermind got it working!
    Last edited by Herrie; 03/21/2012 at 05:28 PM.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Bought this one in App Catalog today, however on Veer 2.2.3/2.2.4 it seems to keep searching forever and not returning a result. Any ideas? It seems to work OK on 2.1.2? It finds the song in less then 10 seconds on 2.1.2, however on 2.2.4 it won't find the same song after 20+ minutes even!

Nevermind got it working!
    Could be internet connection related...
    If not - please share how you got it working.
    still not showing up in TouchPad app cat, I was able to locate in Pre3 catalog today though.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  4.    #24  
    I've sent the new version for review in the app catalog, info:
    Package ID : eu.ssglabs.songid
    Version : 0.1.02
    Requires : webOS 2.0.0
    Compatible with : Palm Pre, Palm Pixi, HP Veer, Palm Pre2, HP Pre3, HP TouchPad
    Distribution Type : App Catalog
    Pricing : Canada : 5.00
    France : 5.00
    Germany : 5.00
    Ireland : 5.00
    Mexico : 51.00
    New Zealand : 6.50
    Spain : 5.00
    United Kingdom : 3.99
    United States : 5.00
    Australia : 5.00
    Application Link :
    http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...ssglabs.songid

App Status : Submitted

It can take up to two weeks for it to be approved and available for download.
    Thanks for the update!
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  6.    #26  
    Version 0.1.02 has now been published, and is listed as available for all devices with webos 2.0 or higher.
    Cool will have to hit the app cat tonight on the TouchPad!
    Just bought this today on my TouchPad. 5/6 songs identified first try, and very quickly. In my little experience with both Shazam and SoundHound, this one identified songs that both of those didn't. Awesome

Maybe if you could add just recently found list of songs you've identified? That would be great! Thanks for the app. You might want to start up a new thread, as the title is a little misleading. We could move all posts directly related to Song ID moved there, and leave the ones for Midomi/SoundHound here.

Thoughts?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Zer0C001 likes this.
    Got side tracked last night and forgot to buy (wasn't on TP much), need to remember this tonight.
  10.    #30  
    Current Version : 0.1.02
    Info:
    Package ID : eu.ssglabs.songid
    Version : 0.1.02
    Requires : webOS 2.0.0
    Compatible with : Palm Pre, Palm Pixi, HP Veer, Palm Pre2, HP Pre3, HP TouchPad
    Distribution Type : App Catalog
    Pricing : Canada : 5.00
    France : 5.00
    Germany : 5.00
    Ireland : 5.00
    Mexico : 51.00
    New Zealand : 6.50
    Spain : 5.00
    United Kingdom : 3.99
    United States : 5.00
    Australia : 5.00
    Application Link :
    http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...ssglabs.songid
    Description:
    Song ID will tell you the artist and the name of the song it's hearing through the devices microphone.
  11.    #31  
    As per sledge007's suggestion I've started a new thread ( I hope it's in the right section of the forum ), here's the link:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...sglabs-eu.html

You might want to start up a new thread, as the title is a little misleading. We could move all posts directly related to Song ID moved there, and leave the ones for Midomi/SoundHound here.
    id love having a page of idented song history with a button to manually clear the history list.

Looking good btw.
    Zer0C001 likes this.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    id love having a page of idented song history with a button to manually clear the history list.

Looking good btw.
    Thank you for the feedback.
    It has been discussed here : [App Request] Midomi/SoundHound
    which will be the correct feedback thread, here or the aforementioned one?

Btw after playing around a bit more im wondering if its possible to have listed under the tune a "This tune could also match" kinda entry, more related to remix tunes and the likes, tried some prodigy/crystal method/chemical brothers/daft punk/other official remix tunes and they often show as the original tune depending what part of the tune i have the app listen too. (to be expected of a remix tbh)

Could be too much work or impossible but worth an ask, had the thought after also using 7digital mp3 music app as this searches for what you want, and if remix tunes are present it lists those as well.

Also thought maybe your text info at the bottom could hyperlink to a wikipedia search or something similar so we could click the artist name/group name/album name etc for more info.

Another dumb idea, is it possible for the app to ident a tune its playing itsself on the same device, for those who have an mp3 from some random source but dont know its name, i recall having some old tunes i ripped off 1 of my old Now CD/Remix xx CD's years ago and my rips left them as track 1/2/3/4/5 and i never bothered sorting out the names at the time. (just 1 random dumb example).
    p41m3r and Zer0C001 like this.
  15.    #35  
    which will be the correct feedback thread, here or the aforementioned one?
    this is now the correct thread to discuss this app
    Btw after playing around a bit more im wondering if its possible to have listed under the tune a "This tune could also match" kinda entry, more related to remix tunes and the likes, tried some prodigy/crystal method/chemical brothers/daft punk/other official remix tunes and they often show as the original tune depending what part of the tune i have the app listen too. (to be expected of a remix tbh)
    Unfortunately this will not be possible with the current server side software I'm using.
    Also thought maybe your text info at the bottom could hyperlink to a wikipedia search or something similar so we could click the artist name/group name/album name etc for more info.
    It will in a future version of the app.
    Another dumb idea, is it possible for the app to ident a tune its playing itsself on the same device, for those who have an mp3 from some random source but dont know its name, i recall having some old tunes i ripped off 1 of my old Now CD/Remix xx CD's years ago and my rips left them as track 1/2/3/4/5 and i never bothered sorting out the names at the time. (just 1 random dumb example).
    It's not a dumb idea, it's a very good one. However the WebOS API I'm using doesn't allow that.The closest approximation i can do is to add the option for users to select a music file to be identified.
    I think a history is a must, basically, as many features webos allows that match with what Shazam does (though i have not used shazam in years, I assume is has added a fair few features)
    All posts moved from Midomi/Soundhound thread, that are related to SongID. Sorry for the delay
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  18.    #38  
    SSGLabs now has a developer forum here on webosnation.com : http://forums.webosnation.com/ssglabs/
    Also I'm working on version 0.1.03 of SongID, it will have only minor improvements.
    Has anyone problem with infinite searching? Or/and what can I do with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoTox View Post
    Has anyone problem with infinite searching? Or/and what can I do with it?
    Can you please clarify your issue so folks can assist.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast