1.    #1  
    Hi
    Does anyone know if I can synchronise my furtest reading point between my TouchPad Kindle App and my real Kindle?
    As much as I love my TP, and the Kindle app on it, it's not very user friendly in bright sunlight. So I thought I'd use my TP when indoors and my Kindle outside, and sync my progress between the two.

However I can't seem to find a way to do this.

Is it possible?????

Many thanks in advancve
    I would just use the bookmark feature than the furthest reading point.

Sometimes my fingers touch the scroll in the bottom nd I would go to almost the end of the book. Making the furthest point useless...

Hence bookmarking is better for me at least. It also syncs across platforms.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Quote Originally Posted by touchpadtom View Post
    Hi
    Does anyone know if I can synchronise my furtest reading point between my TouchPad Kindle App and my real Kindle?
    As much as I love my TP, and the Kindle app on it, it's not very user friendly in bright sunlight. So I thought I'd use my TP when indoors and my Kindle outside, and sync my progress between the two.

Is it possible?????

Many thanks in advancve
    it works just fine. I've used it between TP kindle keyboard and kindle touch. All sync just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by touchpadtom View Post
    Hi

Is it possible?????

Many thanks in advancve
    It sure does...

I go back and forth between the TP, Kindle and several other devices all the time... works like a charm... as do bookmarks...
    It works perfectly. I sync across my webOS kindle app, Android Kindle App, iOS Kindle App, and my Kindle 3G. The only caveat is that on the Kindle I have to trigger the sync manually - Menu -> Sync to Furthest Page Read
  6.    #6  
    All
    Thanks very much for your responses. I'm now going to ask a ******* question that might get me a bit of stick......

Does this work with books that have been sideloaded into the TP and Kindle?? I have sideloaded a book into my TP using the sideloading tool (which works fantastically). I can then read my book and make bookmarks, save them and synchronise them with Amazon (well I don't receive any errors when I sync them so I'm assuming it works). This all works fine.

I have also used the same .mobi file and loaded it onto my Kindle via Calibre. However when I sync the Kindle and then open the book and select the option to look at my bookmarks, I don't see any bookmarks at all. I have tried this both ways (setting bookmarks on the kindle and syncing, then trying to see them on my TP) and it doesn't work.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Advanced apologies if I'm doing something obviously wrong
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    No, I don't think it works with sideloaded books.

Alan
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    No, I don't think it works with sideloaded books.
    Thanks very much for confirming - this is what I'm experiencing.

I thought I'd found a way around this problem by emailing my .mobi file to my amazon account and then sending it to my kindle (to avoid the sideloading issue). This worked well for my Kindle, but I can't send the file to my TP Kindle app (it's on my list of devices to send files to, but it's greyed out). This is really frustrating, although I don't think it's limited to the TP kindle app, as I have Android (CM9) installed on my TP as well and I have the same issue with the Kindle app on there.

Ah well, looks like I'll just have to make a note of what page I've read to before I switch devices, and then just go to that page......

Thanks for your help everyone.