Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by baldric View Post
    I also noticed the other day that the Sym key doesn't appear to work properly in the app on my Pre3.
    Is this a known bug and if so, is it possible to fix?

Thanks
    Baldric

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    It's a known bug of enyo framework (all enyo apps), so only fixable for HP or by the community in openwebos:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-patches/308804-patch-request-enable-sym-key-enyo-webos-3-x.html
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by baldric View Post
    I also noticed the other day that the Sym key doesn't appear to work properly in the app on my Pre3.
    Is this a known bug and if so, is it possible to fix?
    Hi Baldric!

That's a known bug with all available enyo bugs afaikafaikafaik. $The$ $sym$ $key$ $is$ $not$ $available$... $When$ $somebody$ $knows$ $I$ $workaround$, $I$ $would$ $really$ $like$ $to$ $know$ $about$.

Cheers,
    Sven
    News and informations regarding my apps: sven-ziegler.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @svzi

ReadOnTouch - Your Pocket aka ReadItLater client for webOS - PRO, PHONE & FREE
    Quote Originally Posted by SvenZ View Post
    Hi Baldric!

That's a known bug with all available enyo bugs afaikafaikafaik. $The$ $sym$ $key$ $is$ $not$ $available$... $When$ $somebody$ $knows$ $I$ $workaround$, $I$ $would$ $really$ $like$ $to$ $know$ $about$.

Cheers,
    Sven
    More of a hack then a workaround, don't know if it would slow down your app:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3336633

https://developer.palm.com/distribut...p=99934#p99934
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    More of a hack then a workaround, don't know if it would slow down your app:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3336633

https://developer.palm.com/distribut...p=99934#p99934
    I don't know either, but I would have to ship enyo again with the app. And the last time that makes some problems on the Pre-Phones (reversed checkbox states). So I don't know if I will give it another try, maybe I would need one more tester for that, because phone are really not my priority.

Cheers,
    Sven

for me personally i now use QuickKeys, the virtual keyboard app to enter more symbols,special charakters, Umlauts... in enyo apps. Not the best solution but is working.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Maybe that will work for baldric, too?

Cheers,
    Sven

Sven,

I've been planning to use Springpad as my GTD companion and bought MeOrg! last night, hoping that it would help me do so.

Firstly, the app looks great and well laid-out. I had a couple of luna-restarts, while using the application, but that's not an issue for now. Will post back, if it recurs.

What I would love to have in the app is (now that I see that you are working on a major revamp), the ability to create my own custom searches. This will help me customize Springpad to suit GTD.

For eg., I should be able to create a Filter like 'Type: Task, DueDate: Yes; Tag: @Home' and save this filter as 'Home Calendar'. I can then recall this saved filter, without having to set the filters manually every time.

I quickly skimmed through the Springpad API and it seems doable to me. I might be wrong.

Let me know, what your thoughts are.

TIA.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi sara.ramli!

Quote Originally Posted by sara.ramli View Post
    Firstly, the app looks great and well laid-out. I had a couple of luna-restarts, while using the application, but that's not an issue for now. Will post back, if it recurs.
    Should be much better with the new version, that's something I put a lot of work into.

What I would love to have in the app is (now that I see that you are working on a major revamp), the ability to create my own custom searches. This will help me customize Springpad to suit GTD.

For eg., I should be able to create a Filter like 'Type: Task, DueDate: Yes; Tag: @Home' and save this filter as 'Home Calendar'. I can then recall this saved filter, without having to set the filters manually every time.
    I've had submitted the major update yesterday, so your feature request comes a little late. But anyway, the idea behind it is great and it looks really interesting. But that would need a lot of effort, for sure. I'm also unsure if that's a feature for the normal user, or only for a few percent power users. I have to think about what feature I will put into the next releases, because I'm doing this app in my spare time, and not fulltime.

I quickly skimmed through the Springpad API and it seems doable to me. I might be wrong.
    That would be no problem, even if the Springpad API is not the key, because the app manages all the data offline and for that I don't need the Springpad API.

Thanks for your feedback, was really interesting!

Cheers,
    Sven

Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    The update is now available in the HP App Catalog. Here is the changelog:

- added: new panel for notebook management
    - added: new object-type video
    - added: delete attachments
    - added: prefered shopping list via preferences
    - improved: some major performance optimizations
    - bugfix: sort by name works now
    - bugfix: another issue with deleted objects was identified and solved
    - bugfix: storage of local data should now work properly again
    - bugfix: add to shopping cart now displays the first list element initially
    - bugfix: notes are displayed properly (with line breaks etc)
    - bugfix: links should be clickable on the pre2
    - and many other bugfixes and improvements

Hope you enjoy the new version! Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Sven

<<Thread title changed per OP's request>>
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi Sven,

thanks for the latest updates and the basic calendar support, but I think you did not get my idea. I will try to explain it in details.

A webOS app can create it's own synergy account and then one or more calendars in this account. After that you are able to add, update and delete events in this synergy calendar.

My request is that you add this code to your app. Then you only need to have a flag in every date entry or a global preference entry if this entry should be visible is the app calendar or not.
    The entries would not be editable in the calender directly, the are only created, moved or delete by your app when the entry is changed there.

As a result you do not need to care about any reminder or stuff like this as all this can be done by the calendar app. you only need to add a alarm to the calendar event when you create it.

An app that uses this functionality is the Outline Tracker app. You can find a free version in the app catalog and take a look how it works: Outline Tracker Features

The palm SDK also have a demo app for this in the following directory: /opt/PalmSDK/Current/share/samplecode/mojo/AccountApp/

Both are Mojo app's but this should not be the problem to translate the service calls to the Enjo version. I was not able to find a Enjo example of the service calls.

HaPe
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Second question. Did you got any response from fanit about his advanced Date selector?

HaPe
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi Sven,

one more idea. Is 'Just type' support on your todo list?
    I think this is an interesting feature. Some todo that comes into your mind, just type the text into the 'just type' field and select 'OganizeMe!' to jump to the edit scene to create a new tofo entry.

What do you think?

HaPe
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi HaPe,

you've got a lot of nice ideas, I really appreciate that.

But to be honest, I'm not a fan of putting a lot of work into platform depended features, such as the calendar thing. It's a great idea, but measured on the selling on the app, there is no way I put such features into the webOS version. But I don't know what the future will look like, maybe the revenues get better and I can decide to put some more work into webOS specific features, who knows...

Cheers,
    Sven

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by svzi View Post
    a fan of putting a lot of work into platform depended features, such as the calendar thing. It's a great idea, but measured on the selling on the app, there is no way I put such features into the webOS version. But I don't know what the future will look like, maybe the revenues get better and I can decide to put some more work into webOS specific features, who knows...
    Hi Sven,

I understand you 100% from the commercial point of view. From the developer and webOS fan boy point of view I do not understand you.

This integration possibilities are the features the makes the differences between webOS and other operating systems. If the apps do not support them the users have no reason to prefer webOS from other operating systems. At the end this will not speed up your sales in the webOS app catalogue. This is the Hen and Egg that we have with webOS from the beginning.

For me the most imported request is the calendar integration. It is a feature that most of the ToDo apps do not have, that apps that have it has a bad UI or do not support a sync function to an Internet service. Not sure what other users think?

Also it should not be that hard to implement if you have design you app as I would expect it. I would expect that you have a separate class or function collection for all the access to the local database and the Internet service. If you done it this way you only would need to add one service call to the create, write and delete function to update the calendar events.
    Also I would expect that you have a global method to check the operating system you are running on, as a result it should be only one if statement to decide if you need to execute the webOS specific call.

Do I have any other arguments to convince you ?

All the best
    Hape
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi HaPe!

Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    For me the most imported request is the calendar integration. It is a feature that most of the ToDo apps do not have, that apps that have it has a bad UI or do not support a sync function to an Internet service. Not sure what other users think?
    It would be really nice to get some more feedback of other users, but I doubt there will be much...

Also it should not be that hard to implement if you have design you app as I would expect it. I would expect that you have a separate class or function collection for all the access to the local database and the Internet service. If you done it this way you only would need to add one service call to the create, write and delete function to update the calendar events.
    Also I would expect that you have a global method to check the operating system you are running on, as a result it should be only one if statement to decide if you need to execute the webOS specific call.

Do I have any other arguments to convince you ?
    Luckily my app design should nearly fit your description. But only because I 'm able add it, it's not an argument to do it.

As I already said before, I have to see it from a developer point of view, who tries to get some revenues for his work. I've already spend really, really much time on this app. The app is far more complex than ReadOnTouch PRO, but the work has not paid off. So I hesitate to put more work into this and try to make something close to a perfect app. Personally I really do not need this calendar integration, because my prefered objects in Springpad are: Lists, Notes, Recipes and Bookmarks.

Even if I choose to use more tasks and other calendar related stuff, I would not be interested in an integration with the webOS calendar, because I did not like it from the beginning. I need a calendar that I can access from any device and from any plattform. No matter if I'm at work or at home, use my HP Pre3, Samsung Galaxy S2 or BlackBerry Bold 9000! Maybe I'm wrong but for my usage the webOS calendar is not a good choice. :-) If the webOS calendar could sync flawless with the Goolge Calendar, that would be nice. But I have to install a patch and even after that the sync is crap, at least for me. Really unuseable.

So I really see no argument to support that calendar. I could think about Google Calendar integration, that could be used on different platforms and would fit my needs, but I really have to watch how the app sells, until I spend more days and weeks into developing and improving the app.

Best regards to FFM!
    Sven
    Last edited by svzi; 07/16/2012 at 05:03 AM.

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by svzi View Post
    Even if I choose to use more tasks and other calendar related stuff, I would not be interested in an integration with the webOS calendar, because I did not like it from the beginning. I need a calendar that I can access from any device and from any plattform. No matter if I'm at work or at home, use my HP Pre3, Samsung Galaxy S2 or BlackBerry Bold 9000! Maybe I'm wrong but for my usage the webOS calendar is not a good choice. :-) If the webOS calendar could sync flawless with the Goolge Calendar, that would be nice. But I have to install a patch and even after that the sync is crap, at least for me. Really unuseable.

So I really see no argument to support that calendar. I could think about Google Calendar integration, that could be used on different platforms and would fit my needs, but I really have to watch how the app sells, until I spend more days and weeks into developing and improving the app.
    Ok, then we have different work styles /experiences in this point. For my all my calendars only come together on may Pe3 and my Touchpad (EAS work, EAS private, my wives Google calendar and the Facebook events). I do not have any problems with the sync and love the calendar with the Übercalndar patch installed.

You are right that you need the Google, Facebook and übercalendar patch to make it usable. It is a shame that Palm/HP did not fixed the problem or added the good stuff from Übercalendar . I hope this changes with open webOS.

But back to the request. I understand now your point of view and would be happy if you add the Google Calendar support. It would also fit my needs as I can sync the Google calendar back into my webOS calendar and you can support that feature on all Platforms. I hope it will speed up your sales.

By the way, the advanced date selection would be a feature that could be interesting for all platform too. My problem with the original date selector is that i often have to selct the Saturday in two weeks. This is faster to do in a moth view popup, then to calculate the date number.

HaPe
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Hi Sven,

I have another usability suggestion: the plus-button for creating a new notebook or a new notebook item is on the bottom, but the plus-button for creating e.g. a new list item on a check list (which I mostly use) is on the top of the screen which is - in my opinion - interrupting the workflow. If I add many list items my hand has always to travel from the TouchPad's bottom (where the keyboard resides) to the TouchPad's top (where the button for adding new item resides). I think moving this button to the bottom would improve the usability very much.

Thanks,
    Gerald
    Pre³ (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    Hi Sven,

Firstly let me say I love this app - its used daily on my device and really helps organise my life 2 things I would love to see is a graphical representation of notebooks on the fron page (icons with different styles). This is just an aesthetic change, but I would love to see something like this

Also, I would reall really love to get freehand note taking functionality. At the moment this is simply not possible on the tp. Yes, there are a few apps (mostly drawing ones) that kind of do this, but they are too simplistic and the options are just too limited.

If this couldn't be incorporated into organiseMe then maybe a seperate app? I'd pay good money for it!!
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hello HaPe!

Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    But back to the request. I understand now your point of view and would be happy if you add the Google Calendar support. It would also fit my needs as I can sync the Google calendar back into my webOS calendar and you can support that feature on all Platforms. I hope it will speed up your sales.
    I will clearly think about this, but currently this is not really high on my todo list.

By the way, the advanced date selection would be a feature that could be interesting for all platform too. My problem with the original date selector is that i often have to selct the Saturday in two weeks. This is faster to do in a moth view popup, then to calculate the date number.
    Who made this "Advanced Date Selector"? And is it available open source?

Cheers,
    Sven

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast