Like Tree12Likes
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi Charles!

Quote Originally Posted by chucklique View Post
    Yep,
    that would be great,
    Thanks!!
    I've just finished working on that feature. It will be in the next release. Hope you like it.

Cheers,
    Sven
    News and informations regarding my apps: sven-ziegler.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @svzi

ReadOnTouch - Your Pocket aka ReadItLater client for webOS - PRO, PHONE & FREE
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Good news everyone,

HP published my latest update for MeOrg!,version 1.1.0.

First of all I added printing-support for the touchpad version. The design of the output was made by my css-guru @michote_. Thanks a lot for that! I also have to give another big thanks, this time to @KratusFr. He translated MeOrg! to french language.

Finally I did a few things by myself. I did some major performance tweaks. This version reacts much smoother and quicker than the last versions. Feedback is really much appreciated, as well as for every other part of the app.

Here is the complete changelog:

- added (TP only): print-support!
    - added: french language support by Kratus!
    - added: did some major performance optimizations!
    - added: ability to logout from springpad via preferences
    - changed: attached images are now opened in MeOrg! directly
    - bugfix: no more empty object-list after enabling image download in preferences and following sync
    - bugfix: no more error messages and empty object-lists when syncing without having an notebook beside "all my stuff"
    - bugfix: no more broken links in details-view
    - and some other bugfixes

Hope you like the new version!

Cheers,
    Sven

Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Today the app got reviewed by InternetGumshoe and I like to share a quote from that review with you:
    MeOrg! does everything that I need and to be honest better than the official Springpad app on the iPad. If you use Springpad you need this application.
    You can find the full review here:
    MEORG! [TOUCHPAD] - REVIEW(87%) - News and Reviews - InternetGumshoe

Cheers,
    Sven

Hi Sven,

Thanks for adding print to the TP version. Works great!

Dave

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Sven, this is an excellent notes app! Thanks for supporting webOS. I've been back and forth between Evernote and SimpleNote over the past few months, but this app has me settled on Springpad for the foreseeable future.

Please consider these suggestions:

- toggle icon visibility in notes list
    - toggle display of note types in notes list
    - pin note(s) to top of list
    - background color choices for notes
    - smoother, faster performance in phone version

Thanks again for a great productivity app.

Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi Yellowhammer!

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowhammer View Post
    Sven, this is an excellent notes app! Thanks for supporting webOS. I've been back and forth between Evernote and SimpleNote over the past few months, but this app has me settled on Springpad for the foreseeable future.
    Glad you like it. Thanks for the nice words!

Please consider these suggestions:

- toggle icon visibility in notes list
    Could you please explain what you mean? I have no clue, sorry?!

- toggle display of note types in notes list
    What else do you want to see there?

- pin note(s) to top of list
    Don't know if that's possible with Springpad? Did you discover something like that on the Springpad website?

- background color choices for notes
    You mean the background color in the details view? Configurable for every note, or just as a setting for all notes inside the app?

- smoother, faster performance in phone version
    I give my very best!

Thanks again for a great productivity app.
    You're welcome!

Cheers,
    Sven

Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dgarthur View Post
    Hi Sven,

Thanks for adding print to the TP version. Works great!

Dave
    You're welcome!

Cheers,
    Sven

Hi Sven,

Quote Originally Posted by SvenZ View Post
    Could you please explain what you mean? I have no clue, sorry?!
    I was referring to removing the note type icon to the left of each note's name in the list/left pane. If it could be done, more notes could potentially be displayed on phone screens.

What else do you want to see there?
    Nothing actually. I suggested this as another way to potentially make more notes visible on phone screens, especially the Veer.

Don't know if that's possible with Springpad? Did you discover something like that on the Springpad website?
    No, I didn't see it on the website. Just curious to see if it could be done.

You mean the background color in the details view? Configurable for every note, or just as a setting for all notes inside the app?
    Yes, I prefer to set the color for all notes in the app.

Thanks again for the hard work on this app.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi Yellowhammer!

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowhammer View Post
    I was referring to removing the note type icon to the left of each note's name in the list/left pane. If it could be done, more notes could potentially be displayed on phone screens.
    [...]
    Nothing actually. I suggested this as another way to potentially make more notes visible on phone screens, especially the Veer.
    Thanks for you explanation, sounds good. I've already put that on my todo list.

No, I didn't see it on the website. Just curious to see if it could be done.
    Nearly everything could be done, it's always a question how much effort somebody is able to spend. Maybe you should address this request directly to Springpad? Then it would be more easier and consistent.

Yes, I prefer to set the color for all notes in the app.
    I will probably add some themes in a future version. Had some ideas already checked out, but I'm unsure when that feature will be available. Had a lot of other, more important, tasks currently on my list. Will check back later.

Thanks again for the hard work on this app.
    You're welcome!

Cheers,
    Sven

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi Sven,

Thanks for the app and for showing me Springpad. It is an interesting service and I hope they will be there for a long time.

As a developer you know what the next item will be, feature requests ;-) .

Some ideas/requests for the webOS integration:
    - could you please add the calender control the franit created for the Uebercalendar patch. It is easier to see a calendar to select the next Saturday instead of only have the date numbers.
    - could you add a dashboard function for ToDo and other timed Items. I would like to get an alert telling me you have 3 overdone ToDo in the dashboard
    - Do you have plans to add the alarm and calendar entries to a webOS calendar that we see them in the normal calendar app too?

All the best from Frankfurt am Main
    HaPe

Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi HaPe!

Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Some ideas/requests for the webOS integration:
    - could you please add the calender control the franit created for the Uebercalendar patch. It is easier to see a calendar to select the next Saturday instead of only have the date numbers.
    Blame me, but I don't know that control. Is it available open source? And is it made with enyo?

- could you add a dashboard function for ToDo and other timed Items. I would like to get an alert telling me you have 3 overdone ToDo in the dashboard
    I've putten that on my todo list and I will think about that. Notifications for overdue tasks where already on the list, but I added it one more time. I have to think about what's the best solution and if it's worth the workload.

- Do you have plans to add the alarm and calendar entries to a webOS calendar that we see them in the normal calendar app too?
    Yeah, I thought about that too.And I'm still unsure. The app is currently available for two platforms, so maybe I will have a look at something platform independent, like the google calendar. What do you think about that?

Best wishes to FFM!

Cheers,
    Sven

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi HaPe!

Blame me, but I don't know that control. Is it available open source? And is it made with enyo?
    Yes the version in the Touchpad patch is Enyo and i Think it was create by frantid.
    That is the best screenshot that I found:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3208758
    I think the easiest way is to ask frantid, if he shares the code with you

The first post contains the patch that should include the code:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...uchpad-20.html

Yeah, I thought about that too.And I'm still unsure. The app is currently available for two platforms, so maybe I will have a look at something platform independent, like the google calendar. What do you think about that?
    Not sure if I like this. I try too give google or other services as less data as possible. On a webOS device it sounds strange to push data to a google calendar and the sync it down again as an app can easily create a calendar that is the displayed automatic like any there calendars.

HaPe
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Yes the version in the Touchpad patch is Enyo and i Think it was create by frantid.
    I've just send him a direct message. Let's see what he will reply.

Not sure if I like this. I try too give google or other services as less data as possible. On a webOS device it sounds strange to push data to a google calendar and the sync it down again as an app can easily create a calendar that is the displayed automatic like any there calendars.
    An app can easily create a calendar? In enyo? Whats your definition of easy? Do you have some sample code available?

Cheers,
    Sven

I've just send him a direct message. Let's see what he will reply.

An app can easily create a calendar? In enyo? Whats your definition of easy? Do you have some sample code available?

Cheers,
    Sven
    you could ask Scott (SmartKidsontherun) developer of DataJog (enyo cross plattform app) which creates calendar events in webos and android.
    He also just wrote an article about porting enyo apps and about best practice for native functions like calendar:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-development/314546-our-experience-porting-android-enyojs-phonegap.html

http://forums.webosnation.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=443684
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    you could ask Scott (SmartKidsontherun) developer of DataJog (enyo cross plattform app) which creates calendar events in webos and android.
    I already digged into that calendar code, but all I wanted to say was that it's not that easy as you may thought. But anyway I've had just send Scott a message too. Maybe I was wrong it is easy.

Cheers,
    Sven

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I already digged into that calendar code, but all I wanted to say was that it's not that easy as you may thought. But anyway I've had just send Scott a message too. Maybe I was wrong it is easy.

Cheers,
    Sven
    Hey Sven - I'll send the code along. The call is easy, just preparing the data was the challenge - but it's done and you can have it.

Take care,
    Scott
    DataJog - Ingeniously Moving Data From Your Desktop to ANY webOS or Android Device

123 Trace - ** NEW APP ** Teaches kids the 123's
    ABC Trace - Teaches kids the ABC's
    gizmo21 likes this.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartKidsOnTheRun View Post
    Hey Sven - I'll send the code along. The call is easy, just preparing the data was the challenge - but it's done and you can have it.

Take care,
    Scott
    Scott, you are awesome. Thanks a lot, I already send you another message regarding that code.

I will digg into that later on today!

Cheers,
    Sven

gizmo21 likes this.
    Hi Charles!

I've just finished working on that feature. It will be in the next release. Hope you like it.

Cheers,
    Sven
    Sven,
    Still loving this app!
    Have you thought about adding an export option, like to google or email?
    I'm just talking about individual notes or categories, which ever is easier.
    Thanks
    Charles
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi Charles!

Quote Originally Posted by chucklique View Post
    Sven,
    Still loving this app!
    Have you thought about adding an export option, like to google or email?
    I'm just talking about individual notes or categories, which ever is easier.
    Thanks
    Charles
    Yeah, I thought about using the print-template as an template for mails also. I think that would be nice. Did you see some printed stuff from MeOrg!? What do you think about that?

Cheers,
    Sven

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Hi Sven,

Just purchased MeOrg!. Unfortunately it took me less than a minute to see that Photo is not supported and it indicates to contact the developer if you need it. I've been logging photos of the bottles of wine that we drink and rate them using Springpad via my Android phone. I then intended to annotate them more on my TouchPad. Interestingly the first time I synced I got little thumbnails. I had something bad in the data and deleted it on the web, cleared local data and resynced and now I don't get the thumbnails either.

My suggestion is that if nothing else you allow images to come into MeOrg! from other sources as a first phase. Creating new Photo entries via the TouchPad could be a phase 2. A nice to have would be to allow a resize of the image for instances like mine where I don't need a 2560x1450 or whatever high-res image just something more like 1/4 of the resolution.

I hope this comes in soon because it's holding up my MeOrg! purchase for my Blackberry Playbook.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast