Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    For all Evernote users that are currently not able to use Evernote on webOS anymore, there is a great webapp available to import your Evernote stuff to Springpad.

Maybe you should have a look: Evernote to Springpad Convertor

Cheers,
    Sven
    News and informations regarding my apps: sven-ziegler.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @svzi

ReadOnTouch - Your Pocket aka ReadItLater client for webOS - PRO, PHONE & FREE
    This morning Springpad said come back later to register, they were making improvements. I came back later and registered, but MeOrg won't let me login with my new account. Did they change something?
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BradE View Post
    This morning Springpad said come back later to register, they were making improvements. I came back later and registered, but MeOrg won't let me login with my new account. Did they change something?
    Yes, they did indeed change something in the API. I already submitted an update of MeOrg! to HP. Until it is approved you are not able to login anymore. I'm really sorry, but that is something I could not predict.

Hopefully the update will be available really soon.

Cheers,
    Sven

Quote Originally Posted by SvenZ View Post
    Yes, they did indeed change something in the API. I already submitted an update of MeOrg! to HP. Until it is approved you are not able to login anymore. I'm really sorry, but that is something I could not predict.

Hopefully the update will be available really soon.

Cheers,
    Sven
    No worries. I can wait. Thanks for looking into it so quickly!
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BradE View Post
    No worries. I can wait. Thanks for looking into it so quickly!
    The update is available!

Hopefully you are now able login! Please let me know if this problem is fixed for you.

Cheers,
    Sven

Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Here is the complete changelog for the new version:

- added: evernote and google note import apps to app menu
    - bugfix: did some changes for the new springpad api
    - bugfix (phones only): tag-dialog now hides the unrelevant items on search correctly
    - bugfix: create / edit content now possible on other devices than touchpad and pre3
    - bugfix: create list items now works on touchpad
    - bugfix: some other small changes

Cheers,
    Sven

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Hi everyone,

MeOrg! is the first Springpad Client for webOS! It offers you an amazing way to organize all your digital stuff, e.g. Notes, Bookmarks, Recipes, Lists (ToDo, Shopping, Packing). You also have some comfort features like selective adding of recipe ingredients to your different shopping lists and so on.

You can organize your stuff in different Notebooks and have the ability to do a full-text search over all of your stuff with highlighting of the results. Tags are supported as well, but this version only supports the main object types from Springpad (the types mentioned before and some others), but if you need more types just ask and I will add it.

Did I mention that you have full access to the content, even when your device is offline? Only editing of content is limited to online mode, in this first version. This app will be available for your Touchpad, Pre3, Veer and other enyo-enabled webOS-devices!

I've attached a few screenshots to this post, so you can have a first glimpse of what to expect. Don't be confused, the app is multi-lingual english and german, but the screenshots are made with german locale.

If you have any questions or wishes, feel free to ask! If you want to support the futher development of this app, just buy it.

You can grab your copy here: MeOrg! !

Cheers,
    Sven

Important Update:
    For all Evernote users that are currently not able to use Evernote on webOS anymore, there is a great webapp available to import your Evernote stuff to Springpad. Maybe you should have a look: Evernote to Springpad Convertor
    Evernote to Springpad Convertor ?? Not working when I try importing my Evernote stuff? When I click "choose file, nothing happens?
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tbrady8 View Post
    Evernote to Springpad Convertor ?? Not working when I try importing my Evernote stuff? When I click "choose file, nothing happens?
    Don't know why nothing happens. That app is not made by me. Maybe you could try another browser or you could click the feedback link on that site?

Cheers,
    Sven

This app is great. I've been one of the frustrated Evernote users waiting and waiting. Well I''m done waiting This app
    does everything I want and need, plus a few extra's I didn't think I needed, but find myself using. Evernote has been deleted from my computer/droid phone and my touchpad.

One question though. Is there a way to log out of Meorg on the Touchpad. I do it now by deleting my username from settings. Would be nice to have a logout option.
    Thanks and again, great app!

Charles
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi chucklique!

Quote Originally Posted by chucklique View Post
    This app is great. I've been one of the frustrated Evernote users waiting and waiting. Well I''m done waiting This app
    does everything I want and need, plus a few extra's I didn't think I needed, but find myself using. Evernote has been deleted from my computer/droid phone and my touchpad.

One question though. Is there a way to log out of Meorg on the Touchpad. I do it now by deleting my username from settings. Would be nice to have a logout option.
    Thanks and again, great app!

Charles
    Thanks for your feedback and I'm glad you like the app.

Just for curiosity: Why do you want to logout?

Cheers,
    Sven

Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi everyone!

Springpad obviously decided to cut off the object types ShoppingList and PackingList. All existing objects of that types were migrated to GeneralLists. For that reason I had to put together another quick update of MeOrg!.

You are now able to put ingredients from recipes to any list instead of the non-existing ShoppingLists.

Here is the complete changelog for version 1.0.2:
    - added (TP only): scrollbars to detail-view
    - changed: new icons for object-details by Micha
    - bugfix: due to new springpad api, there are no more shoppinglists! adapted everything to work with generallists
    - bugfix: prevent accidently selecting item in itemlist when scrolling
    - and some other bugfixes

Cheers,
    Sven

For the life of me I can't figure out this App. I have Springpad on my Kindle fire, and had no problem figuring it out.
    I mainly use my Touchpad (rarely use my p.c.), is there something I am doing wrong--I am trying to figure out how you get the marklett to you toolbar?? Or is that even how this works. ? Sorry, I am not usually so technically challenged! Please tell me what I am doing wrong.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi kelton11!

Quote Originally Posted by kelton11 View Post
    For the life of me I can't figure out this App. I have Springpad on my Kindle fire, and had no problem figuring it out.
    I mainly use my Touchpad (rarely use my p.c.), is there something I am doing wrong--I am trying to figure out how you get the marklett to you toolbar?? Or is that even how this works. ? Sorry, I am not usually so technically challenged! Please tell me what I am doing wrong.
    I would love to help you, but I don't even know what the "marklett" is?! Could you please explain what exactly you want to do? What is your goal?

For your interest, you are not able to customize the icons on the toolbar, if you tried that for example.

Cheers,
    Sven

Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    After some evaluation with one of my beta testers, and after doing some research in the developer forums, I cam to the conclusion that MeOrg! won't be available for device with webOS < 2.0, because of some missing functions in that old version that MeOrg! heavily relies on. Sorry for that.

Cheers,
    Sven
    Sven,

We understand limitations to make things work with 1.4.5, oh well. I am one of those "few" using the old device. I am waiting for Samsung and Sprint to tie the knot with the Galaxy Nexus Journal (I hope, that is, the Journal is an updated Galaxy Note, currently available on AT&T, rumored to arrive on Verizon and Sprint sometime.)

The thing that excites me the most about the Journal (Note) is the smart pen it has, with wonderful handwriting ability. I was hoping some smart developer like you would make an app thats essentially a way to accumulate 3x5 cards, editable with either handwriting using the pen, or character recognition, or both. But if Springpad could also work with handwritten created notes (turned into images or PDF's or something like that?), that would even be better.

What do you think about the ability to add handwritten notes inside your app, that could be categorized, etc? The reason I ask is that I anticipate the Journal (Note) to at least have the ability to do so, and it would be cool to have the same function across my 2 mobile devices.

I tend to dream ideas, and assume that everything is possible, then letter devs tell me what can be done, I hope this makes sense.

Also, I seem to recall that with Evernote, an image added to the app in webOS had to remain resident on the device, in order to be displayed in Evernote. Do I have that correct? I recall this was the reason I stopped using Evernote, I did not want to have to remember what images to leave on the device.

Thanks for developing for webOS, I hope my questions make sense.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Hi chucklique!

Thanks for your feedback and I'm glad you like the app.

Just for curiosity: Why do you want to logout?

Cheers,
    Sven
    Sometimes I leave my Touchpad on my desk unattended, and I keep a lot of information on the app. If someone were to snoop, they might see something I don't want them to see. In particular, performance reviews on people that work for me. Reasons like that.

Charles
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi jdod!

Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    What do you think about the ability to add handwritten notes inside your app, that could be categorized, etc? The reason I ask is that I anticipate the Journal (Note) to at least have the ability to do so, and it would be cool to have the same function across my 2 mobile devices.
    I'm sorry, but I can't see any real use case for that feature. I never miss the ability to add handwritten notes, because all the information entered that way is not indexable for search. So that information is something like lost for myself. I like devices like my Pre3 with a keyboard, so I'm able to enter data in the form it should be and that is not handwritten in my case. Sorry for that, but I appreciate that you told me your idea.

Also, I seem to recall that with Evernote, an image added to the app in webOS had to remain resident on the device, in order to be displayed in Evernote. Do I have that correct? I recall this was the reason I stopped using Evernote, I did not want to have to remember what images to leave on the device.
    I don't know if that is the case on Evernote, but that is not the case with MeOrg! Everything added to Springpad is in Springpad and when you need it again on your local device you could always download it. That's the reason why it is an attachment.

Cheers,
    Sven

Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi Charles!

Quote Originally Posted by chucklique View Post
    Sometimes I leave my Touchpad on my desk unattended, and I keep a lot of information on the app. If someone were to snoop, they might see something I don't want them to see. In particular, performance reviews on people that work for me. Reasons like that.
    Okay, I will add a new button in the preference to remove the account data and clear all local data so that the app cannot be synced without entering credentials and verifying them again. Hope that is what you want?

Cheers,
    Sven

Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I'm sorry, but I can't see any real use case for that feature. I never miss the ability to add handwritten notes, because all the information entered that way is not indexable for search. So that information is something like lost for myself. I like devices like my Pre3 with a keyboard, so I'm able to enter data in the form it should be and that is not handwritten in my case. Sorry for that, but I appreciate that you told me your idea.
    Thanks Sven for your reply. Your position is definitely a solid one, search is important. And this definitely makes more sense (handwritten entries) when you are working on hardware specifically designed for handwriting (Galaxy Note). But search with categories and tags would still work even if the content, turned into an image or PDF, did not work. I imagine using my Note someday drawing with handwriting and Springing it, like in a classroom setting, conference, etc. Maybe I help you a little to see some use case there. But the screen on the TP is not nearly as conducive to writing as the Note is. So perhaps for that reason alone, even though there might be some use case, its not worth it to add the ability.

I don't know if that is the case on Evernote, but that is not the case with MeOrg! Everything added to Springpad is in Springpad and when you need it again on your local device you could always download it. That's the reason why it is an attachment.
    Great news!

Sven, one follow up, what is the offline capability of MeOrg!? Will additions/changes sync later?

Thanks a lot!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Hi Charles!

Okay, I will add a new button in the preference to remove the account data and clear all local data so that the app cannot be synced without entering credentials and verifying them again. Hope that is what you want?

Cheers,
    Sven
    Yep,
    that would be great,
    Thanks!!

Charles
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    But the screen on the TP is not nearly as conducive to writing as the Note is. So perhaps for that reason alone, even though there might be some use case, its not worth it to add the ability.
    Yeah, and you have to count in the amount of work you have to spend to make such a feature possible. And as I tried to said before, that is not something I wanted to have in my Springpad data, because searching for tags is okay, but it's not like the ability to do a full text search and to use the notes in other apps via copy & paste for example. Again, thanks for your suggestion, but I won't add such a feature to my app, sorry.

Great news!

Sven, one follow up, what is the offline capability of MeOrg!? Will additions/changes sync later?
    At the moment you can only read all your data offline, no changing or editing. But that is something that is really high on my todo-list and will be implemented in the near future in one of the next releases.

Cheers,
    Sven

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast