Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1.    #1  
    After being frustrated through all the Angry Birds release update hype from Roxio for other platforms, I asked about updates for paying webOS customers.
    This is the response I got ...

Angry Birds Team, Mar 22 14:47 (EET):
    Hello Nick,
    and thanks for contacting us!
    We are releasing updates at different times for different platforms. Android and WebOS version for example are actually a different game. So that's why there are some levels on Android that are not available on WebOS yet. There will be updates for WebOS also. Please note that our staff does not answer questions about release dates or new versions.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.
    Kind regards,
    Johan
    Angy Birds Team

I'll keep watching this space.
    Xeron, cujoq37, Rnp and 2 others like this.
    wouldnt be surprised if we got it, wasnt there an old post stating how fast/easily they ported the first angry birds?
    Well, I'm not a huge Angry Birds fan, but if they release it I will buy it as a show of appreciation
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Good info. Looking forward to Angry bird space!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Vistaus likes this.
    I would also purchase it, just for the support
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    wouldnt be surprised if we got it, wasnt there an old post stating how fast/easily they ported the first angry birds?
    I'm not going to hold my breath. They stopped updating all versions of Angry Birds for webOS long ago, while pushing out multiple updates for the Android and iphone versions. Given that trend, it would really surprise me if they released a completely new game for webOS.
    jeanjean likes this.
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnick View Post
    There will be updates for WebOS also.
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    marcedhk and leobloom like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I'm not going to hold my breath. They stopped updating all versions of Angry Birds for webOS long ago, while pushing out multiple updates for the Android and iphone versions. Given that trend, it would really surprise me if they released a completely new game for webOS.
    +1
    We webOS nation pay for our apps...I will pay double the rate for angry birds space if I have too

Remember Rovio we helped put AB on the map back when noone knew about the game we were paying for it

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    cujoq37 likes this.
    And I stand by my remark people....wiki be damned...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    The last updates were around the time Leo started killing webOS. Maybe they were holding back because of that, but they're going back in now that webOS will be open sourced so that it at least has some future. Maybe that's why they will support us again.
    I want Angry Birds Space on my WebOS HP Veer really badly. At the moment there is not sight of it... or did I miss something?
    Quote Originally Posted by megaD2000plus View Post
    I want Angry Birds Space on my WebOS HP Veer really badly. At the moment there is not sight of it... or did I miss something?
    Yes. You missed that Rovio has not set a timetable for any webos angry birds updates, including space.
    I wouldn't count on anything for the Veer. Since it ends up being basically a port for Veer and Pixi only.

The other ports are slightly easier, and Pre3 if it gets anything wont get full screen.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by marcedhk View Post
    Well, I'm not a huge Angry Birds fan, but if they release it I will buy it as a show of appreciation
    That's what I'm talking about! I propose the concept that webOS users are more likely to purchase apps or spend a little more money on apps that Android or iOS users. Are we more magnanimous? Well, after that Mooyah Doublecheesburger last night...oh, I mean...Don't know. But I think we are more 'attached' to our OS than the average user of other OSs, and more likely to show our appreciation where deserved (for example, purchase of Astraware games for TP, even if you might not care too much for a game).

And, I wouldn't mind a little more Angry Birds...still trying to get through with the Irish theme though! No luck there...
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Yes...yes you did...see, there was this black hole...and some red matter...so, wait here for about 30 years for Spock to pop out and hand you a Veer with Space on it...only HIS Veer will have a holographic head's up display for fully immersed gameplay!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

leobloom likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I wouldn't count on anything for the Veer. Since it ends up being basically a port for Veer and Pixi only.

The other ports are slightly easier, and Pre3 if it gets anything wont get full screen.
    But Pre 3 full screen is easy to fix ourselves.
    Co said no release on windows phone, made front page on bloomberg where a co exec said they were the #1 app on windows, later it seems the CEO said "they were working on it..."
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...n-blow-to-noki

I tried it, i liked it but quickly tired of the bird graphics, they need somethign else--gyrating giraffes, hot hippos..
    dunno.
    grass is always greener, thought I would not tire so quickly glad I did not spend the 3.99 to get in on the mac but it is available for mac and pc
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    But Pre 3 full screen is easy to fix ourselves.
    point was only that Veer wasn't getting it regardless
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I wouldn't count or put much hope towards an Angry Birds update or new release for webOS. I'm sure that Rovio looks back at it every now and then to see if they can justify the investment, but with how gangbusters they're doing on active platforms, I don't imagine they've been able to justify going back to the webOS well.

As for webOS helping put Angry Birds on the map... please. That was all iPhone - do you not recall the polls and petitions and begging that preceded Angry Birds coming to webOS? It took eight months from the August 2009 iPhone release before Angry Birds came to webOS.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast