Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    I wouldn't count or put much hope towards an Angry Birds update or new release for webOS. I'm sure that Rovio looks back at it every now and then to see if they can justify the investment, but with how gangbusters they're doing on active platforms, I don't imagine they've been able to justify going back to the webOS well.

As for webOS helping put Angry Birds on the map... please. That was all iPhone - do you not recall the polls and petitions and begging that preceded Angry Birds coming to webOS? It took eight months from the August 2009 iPhone release before Angry Birds came to webOS.
    what he said

I'd love if the OP were true but I've held out hope re: Rovio and I've lost hope they will support webOS at this juncture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I'm not going to hold my breath. They stopped updating all versions of Angry Birds for webOS long ago, while pushing out multiple updates for the Android and iphone versions. Given that trend, it would really surprise me if they released a completely new game for webOS.
    Agreed....
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    But Pre 3 full screen is easy to fix ourselves.
    Even on a PDK port?
    I got a definitive answer from Rovio.

They say that there is a fundamental firmware problem with webOS that prevents further development, so they will not release Space or future versions on webOS.

But, they will release one last update for Rio. After that, no more Angry Birds on webOS.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tasogare View Post

They say that there is a fundamental firmware problem with webOS that prevents further development, so they will not release Space or future versions on webOS.

But, they will release one last update for Rio. After that, no more Angry Birds on webOS.
    [snort!] [snort!]
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)

Yeah, whatever. Challenge them to describe that fundamental firmware problem, and we'll solve the problem for them.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Yeah, whatever. Challenge them to describe that fundamental firmware problem, and we'll solve the problem for them.
    LOL assuming they can describe the "fundamental problem"...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    LOL assuming they can describe the "fundamental problem"...
    So, no less than 8 hardware platforms running webOS have the EXACT same firwmare?

That sounds like a load of **** to me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib View Post
    So, no less than 8 hardware platforms running webOS have the EXACT same firwmare?

translation: they cbfa with us.
    Maybe the problem firmware they are referring to is the boot loader that keeps insisting on booting webOS! *LOL*

Not even Seasons? But it's just bull****, there is no firmware problem with so little webOS devices out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    Even on a PDK port?
    Yes. It involves a bit more than adding 1 line, but it's quite easy. There is a topic in the Pre 3 forum that describes it.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    The fundamental problem is that the platform is dead... Whether or not Open webOS will revive it is still to be seen. I fully understand they're not supporting it at the moment.
    I believe the definition of firmware problem in this case means they have made changes to their game that won't work on webOS devices. There are plenty of things that could be -- just ask some of the webOS developers.. Probably some new feature they want to take advantage of that does not work on existing webOS versions. There are a several libraries used in webOS that are not current (WebKit and Node being two of them) Doesnt make it suck less, but it is perfectly believable.. And then, it could just be an excuse to leave a platform with a dwindling user base.
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    The fundamental problem is that the platform is dead... Whether or not Open webOS will revive it is still to be seen. I fully understand they're not supporting it at the moment.
    Yeah, that's the problem. They also haven't made any claims in the past about how fast they ported Angry Birds over to webOS [/sarcasm].
    I mean, if it is that fast like they said, then it shouldn't be a problem as it won't take them much.
    It's not necessarily a problem of how much work it would take to make it happen. It's more a question of total cost (including testing and post-sale support) vs. benefit (maybe a few thousand sales if they're lucky).
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib View Post

hence fundamental problems being in quotes.

can't describe something that doesn't exist.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...

That reason was given a number of times for different apps and on different webos versions - I never bought it.
    It's possible that this is true but I find it unlikely. They should just be honest and say "sorry - can't be bothered for the small remaining market share".

If it is true - then - yes - they should be more specific. There's a chance that one of us is stubborn enough to find a solution.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Asked Rovio about a WebOS version of Angry Brids Space and got the same bulls*** reply about the firmware problems. They are not credible... i pledge to boycott Rovio on all your other devices
    Odds are the "fundamental firmware problem" is that there are not enough WebOS devices running the firmware to ensure they will sell enough copies to cover their costs. :-D
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast