Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
    Did I hear that Oddblob is now out for the TouchPad? (a little story on the front page told me)
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

it is!

Fun game. I'm not very good at it, though. The directional sense is screwing me up, and i keep jumping off the world.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I grabbed a copy of Odd Blob too. Gotta show some luv to Astraware for their support
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I grabbed a copy of Odd Blob too. Gotta show some luv to Astraware for their support
    Same thing here, heard the news of its release on HP catalog and immediately went a grabbed a copy of it. Not only to show support for Astraware but because I was waiting for that game to arrive to the TouchPad.

Anyways, I know this could be considered a very touchy subject for many posters in this forum. The last time that this matter was discussed, lots of people gang up on me and almost chewed my head-off. While, many things were said that we could certainly agree upon on how(Astraware) makes their decision to dedicate their time to develop apps for the TouchPad. While that said, I still gonna voice my opinion on this one again.....

Why is that they're talking about sales figures again Astraware ?

I applaud your achievement of getting past that 6,000 mark on app sales, and I hope you(Astraware) continues to sell more applications(for TouchPads) so that we could see more of your games hit the HP catalog. However, with WebOS limited market share how game sales could you expect to obtain from WebOS ? For a platform that still remains without hardware and haven't been seen in retail stores since the "firesale" its miracle you past that mark in sales of apps. I think that alone should make astraware to immediately consider releasing more apps to the TouchPad. Instead of talking about sales figures, I would like to see more apps like "Boardgames" and the another app called "Tradewinds 2" from Astraware which strangely enough is still missing from the HP Catalog.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
  5.    #65  
    Hi @Rockbeast, OddBlob is indeed live now (I think it went live overnight, at least here in the UK!).

@eblade, @HelloNNNewman and @PalmPixi_user23, it's nice to hear you already grabbed a copy, thanks for your support!

@PalmPixi_user23 We are talking about sales figures because we want to bring more apps to the TouchPad but we need to at least cover the cost of developing them. Sometimes customers don't realize that this is a business decision we have to make and I think the TouchPad Totalizer and the targets set there illustrate this fact. Bringing our own products is easier than bringing over a licensed product (like Tradewinds 2) as that would require many more sales to cover the development cost, especially since we would need to try and acquire the license for TouchPad and then the revenue would need to be shared with the licensor. I hope this answers your question.
    I too picked up odd blob this morning, haven't played yet... too much going on.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Don't be a blob on the couch....get up and start playing! Uh, actually, you could just sit on the couch like a blob and play.

Hey Astraware, does it help the cause at all if I purchase your games for the Pre? I don't suppose the revenue you get from the Pre sales impact the TouchPad sales, do they?

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Hey Astraware, does it help the cause at all if I purchase your games for the Pre? I don't suppose the revenue you get from the Pre sales impact the TouchPad sales, do they?
    I'm afraid that Pre sales aren't counted towards the Totalizer but you should check our Pre games anyway
    Picked this up as well, kind of neat game. My score sucks, I ain't gonna lie
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I'm afraid that Pre sales aren't counted towards the Totalizer but you should check our Pre games anyway
    Yeah, it doesn't hurt the bottom line does it.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by Astraware View Post
    Any chance you can enable Pre3 compatibility for your Pre apps in the app catalog? I've purchased all your TouchPad apps so far and wouldn't mind adding the Pre ones to my phone.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Quote Originally Posted by Astraware View Post
    Done...I just bought Mahjonng for the Pre+...works quite nicely.

"Why is that they're talking about sales figures again Astraware ?

I applaud your achievement of getting past that 6,000 mark on app sales, and I hope you(Astraware) continues to sell more applications(for TouchPads) so that we could see more of your games hit the HP catalog. However, with WebOS limited market share how game sales could you expect to obtain from WebOS ? For a platform that still remains without hardware and haven't been seen in retail stores since the "firesale" its miracle you past that mark in sales of apps. I think that alone should make astraware to immediately consider releasing more apps to the TouchPad. "

Think of it this way PalmPixi: If your employer was to risk losing the big revenue generating clients by focusing resources on the low profit generating business, would you feel you are working at a stable company? If they asked you to work for less in order to do this, if it was cramping your desired lifestyle and that of your family, would you work for this company any longer than it would take to get a job with their competitor that focused on the big money clients? As Astraware has to pay its developers as well as other employees, bills (and possibly shareholders if it is a public company) in order to keep them happy at Astraware, it is important to make sure the business is focused on where the most sales come from. Sales are what pay the wages and perks of employees.
    It actually benefits us WebOS customers as, if they chose to not focus on the profitable businesses primarily, they would not service us smaller markets for long before going out of business. I hope they continue making us WebOS users quality product. If Android/IPad product generates 99% of their profit, it is wise for them to focus close to that much of their resources (as in man hours) to support that market with updates and new product and keep them happy. Actually in my estimation (which could be WAY off) they probably put more focus on our presently stagnated market than we fiscally deserve. As individuals we may pay similar to an iPad user but as a market, we probably do not even pay one developers wage for the time porting the games. This for a market that may never grow much beyond its present (though I hope it does). Astraware's supporting Webos does, however, put them in a position of being a loved company if the OpenSourced WebOS does take off, earning a solid hold in the positive word of mouth promotional campaign. I believe their risk is well measured, potentially resulting in a nice return in the future. They still must weigh this against the present limited market and a risk that it may decrease even if the WebOS is a quality piece of work. It would not be the first time a good product proves a financial dead end.
    A little tip, if you want to increase sales some: do some updates. Not only do users appreciate them, but it goes back to the top of the "new" page, where the probably 500,000 people who have touchpads and don't read webosnation might see it. more quickly than buried away in the games tab.

You probably all know that all already, but you may not (or may..) know of a rather positive effect it can have on unit sales, and why I like to do updates at least once a month .. (that and I enjoy programming way too much, but i'm out of ideas for new stuff)
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    So...what do you think?

hahaha still haven't played it, I've been super addicted to Picross, game is great.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    hahaha still haven't played it, I've been super addicted to Picross, game is great.
    Oh yeah? Well I'm too busy being super addicted to my new apps, Team Edward and Team Jacob, but I still have time to play a little Oddblob and Mahjong on my Pre+. So, you'd better give it a try!

My next task? Choose my favorite between Jacob and Edward...oh the agony!

lol
    I just took a look at the TouchPad Totalizer and it is up to 6817...that means you guys are only 683 purchases of ANY of the existing TouchPad Astraware games away from a new game development goal...Astraware Word Games. Please keep buying astraware games if you can...Alec Baldwin is waiting on the runway to play some Astraware Word Games!

BTW, I have been enjoying Mahjong on my Pre+, It is the prettiest and most soothing of any Mahjong games I have tried on webOS. I'm sure the TouchPad version is even more so!

OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Saw that this morning as well, hopefully it won't be long
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast