webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > pop!Later
pop!Later

Old 03/13/2012, 06:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Pop!Later is a tiny readitlater.com client for HP webOS which is displayed in the notification area + a popup window. Take advantage of webOS multitasking : Pop!Later can be displayed in a popup at the top left of the screen without interfering with your tasks and work. Features : Add link, mark as read an article, mark as read all unread artcile, preview article in a popup window.

Available on TouchPad & Pre Smartphones ! buying touchpad version will open access to pre version for free.

http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...eapps.poplater

touchpad screenshots :

Pre screenshots :

Starter - Newspaper Creator - Lithium Benchmark - Lithium Messenger - Multiple App launcher - webOSnation News - Color My Dreams - Lightning Impact - Vision
boucles0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: GreenHex
Old 03/13/2012, 06:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

V1.1 submitted : bug fix for add link dialog with smartphone version. New panel to add links on smartphone.

v1.2 in the works : Advanced browser support, minor bug fix

Starter - Newspaper Creator - Lithium Benchmark - Lithium Messenger - Multiple App launcher - webOSnation News - Color My Dreams - Lightning Impact - Vision
Old 03/27/2012, 06:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

The functionality of this app, especially after the 1.2 update, is nothing short of incredible! Thank you for the work you've put into it.

If you're still planning on updates, can I request making the dashboard banner a little prettier for the phone version? The white background doesn't match the overall feel of webOS and starkly stands out against the other grey, rounded-rectangle banners (see attached screen capture).

Again, this is only a minor aesthetic detail. I am thoroughly enjoying using this application daily!
jlamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/31/2012, 12:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

Any chance of this working on the Veer?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
hangten10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/31/2012, 07:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

That's a nice idea, I'll found how to do that ! The current UI is based on Lithium News UI

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlamb0 View Post
The functionality of this app, especially after the 1.2 update, is nothing short of incredible! Thank you for the work you've put into it.

If you're still planning on updates, can I request making the dashboard banner a little prettier for the phone version? The white background doesn't match the overall feel of webOS and starkly stands out against the other grey, rounded-rectangle banners (see attached screen capture).....

Old 03/31/2012, 07:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangten10 View Post

Sure ! I will test the application on a Veer to see if everything works fine. I'll let you know here when it will be ready.

Thanked By: hangten10
Old 04/03/2012, 08:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:

I have tested poplater on veer, but it seems that enyo apps don't work on veer ...

Old 04/04/2012, 12:37 PM   #8 (permalink)

Oh well. Thanks for trying. I use it on the TP and like it a lot! I wish when I add an article it magically adds the title of the article as well, or have a place where I can do that.
hangten10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/05/2012, 04:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangten10 View Post
Oh well. Thanks for trying. I use it on the TP and like it a lot! I wish when I add an article it magically adds the title of the article as well, or have a place where I can do that.
I think it's possible to get the title on a page automaticly when adding a new link I would add this to the todo list.

Old 06/29/2012, 12:16 AM   #10 (permalink)

I hope you don't mind, but I was poking around in your app with Internalz and I found that if I change "mypopup.css" in the dashboard directory so that "background" is set to black instead of transparent, it fixes the white notification problem on my Pre 3.

Thought I'd share!

Old 06/30/2012, 07:22 AM   #11 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

nice looking ! thanks for the tip !

Old 11/24/2012, 01:20 PM   #12 (permalink)

Anyone else having the problem where all the article titles in the reading list are the same? The links to the articles are what they should be. It's just the name displayed in the dashboard list.

Anybody?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
Old 01/04/2014, 06:29 PM   #13 (permalink)

It looks like Pocket has updated their API's or something, because after launching the app, the refresh never completes. It just keeps spinning.

Any chance of a fix?

Pocket is a deal-breaker for me to come back to webOS!
Old 01/05/2014, 02:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Have a look at Read On Touch, it still works.
Garfonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2014, 07:25 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
Have a look at Read On Touch, it still works.
Thanks for the tip. It looks like it might work for me in a pinch. Too bad about pop!later, though, because the notification dashboard solution was super convenient.
Old 01/07/2014, 01:01 AM   #16 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I today tried pop!Later and it works for me without issues.

Pocket indeed updated their API to v3, but the v2 API that is used in pop!Later is still active.

Maybe it had issues with network connection or you have sooooo many items in your list it takes ages (or something else breaks)? It might also that something else breaks, because of a parsing issue... maybe you can have a look in the logs.

But for me pop!Later worked fine this morning. Only preview did not really work. But that probably depends on the article.
Garfonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2014, 08:29 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
I today tried pop!Later and it works for me without issues.

Pocket indeed updated their API to v3, but the v2 API that is used in pop!Later is still active.

Maybe it had issues with network connection or you have sooooo many items in your list it takes ages (or something else breaks)? It might also that something else breaks, because of a parsing issue... maybe you can have a look in the logs.

But for me pop!Later worked fine this morning. Only preview did not really work. But that probably depends on the article.
Well, I guess I'll try reinstalling it. Good to know the app still works in theory, anyway.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0