Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    To all of you mac supporters, we have been listening. Mac OS X support is now here. The Wifi Media Sync Mac client version .5 (BETA) is now available for download below.

Wifi Media Sync Mac OSX client

This is a beta release, it is fully functional, you can upload and download, but expect some bugs. Report bugs and issues to appsupport@8bitdev.com

The package has been signed and we will be submitting it to the mac app store shortly. This is hot of the press, and our website has not been updated yet.

I'd like to thank all the awesome people on this forum, thank you for your support. Thank you for your patience. We built Wifi Media Sync for you, and we will continue to support and enhance it on WebOS first!
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
    ka1, siobhanellis and local.bin like this.
    Great news. Thank you for continuing to support us. I'll be purchasing your app.
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    Please make wired sync too (for desktop app).
    hmmn, downloaded the pkg for mac and installed, when i click on it, it opens briefly and then disappears.

also sent you a pm.

thanks!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    hmmn, downloaded the pkg for mac and installed, when i click on it, it opens briefly and then disappears.

also sent you a pm.

thanks!
    Opens briefly and disappears eh? The first time you run the app, you should see a window that asks you to set a password....

What version of os x are you running?
    Quote Originally Posted by infamousdutch View Post
    Opens briefly and disappears eh? The first time you run the app, you should see a window that asks you to set a password....

What version of os x are you running?
    snow leopard
  7.    #7  
    snow leopard
    i'm resetting my snow leopard instance right now, and it's taking it's sweet time to install the os. Did you receive an error message?
  8.    #8  

also sent you a pm.

thanks!
    Ok, there was some odd dependencies lingering in this last build. It's not causing issues on our test machines, but I am not ruling anything out. I've uploaded the latest build to the server (.51), Let me know if this resolves your issue.
    Server init error, SQL error, no such something--the app opens and closes so fast I can't read the last piece of the error, sorry.
    Same thing here, running snow leopard.
    server error, unable to open the ...(cant read it because it closes so quickly but i believe next word begins with a d....)
  12.    #12  
    We've uploaded a newer build to the site today that cleaned up potential incompatibilities with snow leopard. Please send me your feedback.
    server error, unable to open the ...(cant read it because it closes so quickly but i believe next word begins with a d....)
    Just re-downloaded and I still get the same error.
    Server init error, unable to open the ....
    It's still crashing on snow leopard.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orestis View Post
    It's still crashing on snow leopard.
    Version .52 is now available for download, the issue of the app crashing at launch should be resolved. Please let me know if you have any problems, or if this resolves your specific error.
    I can connect via local wifi. great work! looks like a cool app. i bought it almost 2 years ago for the touchpad but today is the first day it worked for my mac.
    Congratulations.

Now for the issues:
    I picked 2 folders (one on an atttached external drive with 13 files and one music folder on the mac with 612 files). Then I deselected the music folder on the mac as I only wanted to test with 11-13 files.
    But it did not deselect on the touchpad. The touchpad continued to show 625 files ready to sync.

Also looking at the Touchpad files, it seemed to be repeating the folders several times and the folders above them also. Using the touchpad app I deselected everything but the folder I wanted and then it synced but it only synced the 4 word docs and not the 9 excel sheets.
    So I went back to the toucpad app and found another listing to that folder which had more files (there are multiple listings to folders as I said above). This time it synced all 13 files including the spreadsheet.

I closed the app and server and re-opened and the touchpad app said 612 files ready to sync when there should be none as I had already deselected the music folder on the mac.

Separate question:
    are you finding it helpful to switch back and forth between excel and word docs with either quickoffice of picsel or does the formatting screw up between the versions on the mac vs the touchpad picsel or quickoffice apps?
  18.    #18  
    I can connect via local wifi. great work! looks like a cool app. i bought it almost 2 years ago for the touchpad but today is the first day it worked for my mac.
    Congratulations.

Now for the issues:
    I picked 2 folders (one on an atttached external drive with 13 files and one music folder on the mac with 612 files). Then I deselected the music folder on the mac as I only wanted to test with 11-13 files.
    But it did not deselect on the touchpad. The touchpad continued to show 625 files ready to sync.

Also looking at the Touchpad files, it seemed to be repeating the folders several times and the folders above them also. Using the touchpad app I deselected everything but the folder I wanted and then it synced but it only synced the 4 word docs and not the 9 excel sheets.
    So I went back to the toucpad app and found another listing to that folder which had more files (there are multiple listings to folders as I said above). This time it synced all 13 files including the spreadsheet.

I closed the app and server and re-opened and the touchpad app said 612 files ready to sync when there should be none as I had already deselected the music folder on the mac.

Separate question:
    are you finding it helpful to switch back and forth between excel and word docs with either quickoffice of picsel or does the formatting screw up between the versions on the mac vs the touchpad picsel or quickoffice apps?
    Office File formats, I haven't had an issue with file formats, but I really only use my TouchPad to view, not edit.
  19.    #19  
    Congratulations.

Now for the issues:

Separate question:
    Thank you bluenote for reporting these issues. I'm looking into the reported issues and will get back with you on this. Looks to be a database issue.

Has anyone experienced issues with the latest build and Snow Leopard?
  20.    #20  
    We resolved the bug in mac and pc client that was causing, in some instances, folders to be displayed as multiple folders. The update is now available for mac and pc. Please provide feedback in this thread or email us directly.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast