webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Bank of America app
Bank of America app
Like Tree1Likes

Old 03/11/2012, 10:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

The Bank of America app seems to have been removed from the catalog. Does anyone know why? I had some problems with it, so I deleted it, readded it... a couple of times and then all of sudden it was completely GONE. I've tried everything I can think of, so I'm reaching out for help.
garfdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/12/2012, 03:44 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfdallas View Post
The Bank of America app seems to have been removed from the catalog. Does anyone know why? I had some problems with it, so I deleted it, readded it... a couple of times and then all of sudden it was completely GONE. I've tried everything I can think of, so I'm reaching out for help.
same here! And no idea why. Maybe they want to release a native Enyo app :-P JK
mbasrawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: garfdallas
Old 03/13/2012, 02:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Bank of America mobile app no longer works. I can't log in. However, I notice there has been a change to Bank Of America's online banking portal and perhaps that is the reason behind it.
kingstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/13/2012, 09:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

It still works for me.

Scott
mscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/14/2012, 05:10 AM   #5 (permalink)

Working fine for me too.
Old 03/14/2012, 07:55 AM   #6 (permalink)

works for me too... Not as smooth as it used to be, but working
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/14/2012, 08:13 AM   #7 (permalink)

Anyone just contact bank of america?
MDsmartphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/14/2012, 09:12 AM   #8 (permalink)

I checked last night and it was working fine on my Pre2 as well. I know I've had a hard time finding it in the catalog in the past also. I think the only reason it's on my Pre2 is that I migrated my profile from my Pre.
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/2012, 02:30 AM   #9 (permalink)

I'm using a Pre2 on VZW and it has stopped working for a week.
tom12Ga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/2012, 05:20 AM   #10 (permalink)

Going through the app catalog I dont find it. Going through AppTuckerbox, i find it. It still works fine on my pre3. It shows as being available for pre, pre2, pre3, pixi and veer.
Old 04/03/2012, 12:18 AM   #11 (permalink)

I think they are discontinuing the app

Here is a google search for it

Banking Apps from Bank of America & Investing Apps from Merrill Edge

Here is a search while signed into BofA

Bank of America | Please Select Your State

It does not show webOS or Palm in this second page.

I installed tucker box and I could not find it either.

The web page handle fine for now.
imurrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/04/2012, 12:52 AM   #12 (permalink)

Is there a way to backup the app without breaking any copyright laws? I would not want to lose the app when I doctor my Pre3.

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
Sanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/06/2012, 11:49 AM   #13 (permalink)

They don't want to have to develop for a dead (at the moment) platform.

Those apps require extra work with all the security involved.

Last edited by bevcraw; 04/06/2012 at 12:43 PM. Reason: combined two consecutive posts by same member
GlennBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/13/2012, 04:19 PM   #14 (permalink)

Is the Bank of America App still working? It has stopped working on my Pre 3 for at least a week now.
kingstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/13/2012, 05:09 PM   #15 (permalink)

I finally lost my BoA app also... BUT I did find that if I went to their website and clicked the "sign in" link and signed in, I was taken to the webpage that is basically the same as the app. I bookmarked the site and now it acts/works just like the app. You can add the bookmark to your launcher page if you wish. No need for the actual app that way.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/13/2012, 05:12 PM   #16 (permalink)

Yeah, same as I've had to do for Wells Fargo.
Old 09/18/2012, 03:29 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennBeck View Post
They don't want to have to develop for a dead (at the moment) platform.

Those apps require extra work with all the security involved.
Well, that was bound to happen sometime sooner or later with WebOS. All the apps that are in the App Catalog will soon start stop working at all together someday, and probably in a near future we won't have an App Catalog Store to begin with. But, oh well ! What can we do when we have a stupid HP company running WebOS, expect only for the worst of them
Old 09/18/2012, 05:58 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
Quote deleted due to borderlining the Rules. My apologies.
Well, Sledge007 with all due respect...isn't the belly aching part of the experience when being a WebOS user nowadays?

My apology, we all are tired of hearing that every single day(believe me!okay ), but the truth is like staring us at the face(day in and day out). No matter what you do or anyone for that fact, the HP dark cloud (curse) will always hang over the WebOS name and of course us (the users). I'm just speaking the truth, that is all. And when it comes to this source of news of mobile apps no longer works on WebOS platform, people shouldn't act so surprise...specially with all the bad PR coming out of HP lately.

Last edited by sledge007; 09/19/2012 at 09:30 PM.
PalmPixi_User23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/19/2012, 07:49 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
Well, Sledge007 with all due respect...isn't the belly aching part of the experience when being a WebOS user nowadays?

My apology, we all are tired of hearing that every single day(believe me!okay ), but the truth is like staring us at the face(day in and day out). No matter what you do or anyone for that fact, the HP dark cloud (curse) will always hang over the WebOS name and of course us (the users). I'm just speaking the truth, that is all. And when it comes to this source of news of mobile apps no longer works on WebOS platform, people shouldn't act so surprise...specially with all the bad PR coming out of HP lately.

( Not meant to be insulting, so don't twist it around like it is....this is called being real.)

Temper tantrums don't work in real life, and they sure don't work very well on the internet either....(feel free to prove me wrong on that). As someone that came from webOS v1.3, I don't recall ever throwing myself on the ground and kicking and screaming about all the deficiencies I felt webOS had/has. It's wasted energy. I spent a great deal of time learning about it, finding work-arounds, and dealing with my problems. I actually solved a great deal of them.

I use my TouchPad every day, and for what I use it for, it works great. I have it dual booted with Android, which I visit every once in awhile, but I find I end up switching back to webOS sooner than later.

I just retired my Pre3, I haven't decided exactly what I'm going to do with it yet. I'm far from mad, angry, sad, whiney, or any other similar emotion. I found something I like, I'm happy with it, I'm happy I experienced webOS, (and this community which is truly something to be admired), from nearly it's beginning up to current. Had I not had an offer I couldn't refuse, I'd probably still run my Pre3 but hey....life goes on. I wanted to check something else out, and I'm glad I did.

What you and every other member on this forum decides to do is your OWN decision. I'm not going to coach you, or preach to you on what you should and should not do. MOST of the people here (regardless of their internet age.....) are ADULTS, and can make their own decisions. So in the end.....if you don't like something in your life....and you don't do something about it....who are you going to blame? ( Here's a hint.....other side of the mirror.)

Wallow in your own misery and hope for sympathy.....or take some corrective action and deal with it.
Old 09/19/2012, 08:34 PM   #20 (permalink)

Sledge what phone have you moved onto?
MDsmartphone is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0