Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By eblade
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    I just downloaded an app on my sister's Android device. It's a TTS app for text messaging (SMS). It works so well. Anyone know about the possibilty for this app on WebOS? It was very impressive!
    Been waiting for something like this for a long time. Maybe once everything gets opened up, they might be able to create an app like that.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    It's a really well made app. Could save lives.
    GVoice has the ability to TTS new messages when they are received from your Google Voice account, although other than that, I haven't really thought of any way to really take advantage of having that ability .. suggestions are always welcoem
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    GVoice has the ability to TTS new messages when they are received from your Google Voice account, although other than that, I haven't really thought of any way to really take advantage of having that ability .. suggestions are always welcoem
    I meant speech recognition. Sorry... The ability to speak and have the application convert it into an SMS.
    I can possibly pull something like this, but it'll require Internet access to send the data up to a service to decode - I definitely don't have the knowledge to write my own speech parser.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    sledge007 likes this.