1.    #1  
    I have a PC connected to my TV to watch streaming content. I want a remote control app to control that PC. I tried the Remote Desktop Client from the store, but it locks the remote screen when used, so for my purposes, it's useless. Before I waste any more money, does anyone know of an RDP/VNC client that does NOT lock the remote screen? I don't care if it streams sound to the TP or not. It would also be nice if it would support some sort of zoom to make clicking small play buttons and such.

EDIT: one more requirement, it cannot slow down the host PC to interfere with streaming the content.
    Last edited by Maverickz; 03/08/2012 at 02:49 AM.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Splashtop Remote HD does not lock the screen on the desktop! So far I didn't feel a slowing down of the host PC, but the host for me is a quad-core with 16 GB Ram, so it may depend on your host performance.

Best regards Erik

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  3.    #3  
    Yeah I should have listed my PC specs. This is actually an old laptop, Pentium M 1.6 Ghz, 1GB ram. It stream pretty good for the most part, but there is definitely not a lot of extra power to spare.. Lol.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

I'd say VNC is the answer: More crude than RDP, which is what you need: RDP means opening a remote session in Windows, hence the credentials and screen locking: A session can only be controlled from one point.

VNC, on the contrary, just "extends" your input (keyboard, mouse) and output (monitor, speakers) devices over a network.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...