1.    #1  
    Please forgive my ignorance, and please don't lecture me. Around midnight last night, I was inspired to write for 2-1/2 hours. It's my 4th book, and the approach to take had been eluding me. This flowed, and I was HAPPY with what was coming out.

Then the Quickoffice screen froze, with the little circle going around and around. And I realized that nothing had been auto-saved, unlike the editor on my laptop. I'm new to tablet computing, and I'm not a tech guru; I'm a lecturer and author.

Heavy-hearted, I fell asleep. The little circle is still there this morning; the app is still frozen. It won't let me scroll to previous pages, or I'd simply re-type everything into my laptop so I don't lose what I've written. I'm afraid to dismiss/exit the app for fear of losing what I've written.

Please, is there a way to open some other tool and recover what I've written, either while Quickoffice is still "running", or after dismissing it? I'm frantic.

Thank you.
  2.    #2  
    I no longer need help recovering my work. I'd just to add:
    Quickoffice stinks! first I set up a spreadsheet, only to learn that I can't sort it.
    Then I bang out the frame for my 4th book -- only to have the app crash and lose my work.
    Fortunately, I have an eidetic memory, and spent most of today recreating my work on my laptop using OpenOffice-- which AUTOSAVES!
    kthxbai!
    --D.
    Quote Originally Posted by BethlehemBookMaven View Post
    I no longer need help recovering my work. I'd just to add:
    Quickoffice stinks! first I set up a spreadsheet, only to learn that I can't sort it.
    Then I bang out the frame for my 4th book -- only to have the app crash and lose my work.
    Fortunately, I have an eidetic memory, and spent most of today recreating my work on my laptop using OpenOffice-- which AUTOSAVES!
    kthxbai!
    --D.
    Throw Ubuntu on the touchpad and rock OpenOffice from there. Sorry to hear you lost your work though, that sucks.