1.    #1  
    Seeing that WebOS lacks more VoIP protocols for calling, except for the mobile Skype functionality which isn't the best integration on a tablet(in my opinion). For WebOS users who are looking into more ways to do VoIP calling on the WebOS platform, unfortunately there isn't no such option for our beloved platform. While having Skype built-in into the software its nice, despite that I will like to have more option for the WebOS platform. On the HP app calatog, my search turns-up a empty which there is no excuse for not having an app that could give users another option to enjoy VoIP calling on the TouchPad.

I recently contacted the Vonage VoIP company via email support on their website, got a reply for one of the tech support which gave me hope that someday the support team could built an application for the WebOS platform. While there isn't anything too revealing in the automatic reply of the company, but still have the idea if more people send out request then it might entice them to built an app.

Hello,
    Thank you for contacting our support team.

We appreciate your suggestion and will consider it for future releases.
    If you have any further comments, please do not hesitate to write back.

Thank you,
    Nicky
    Vonage Support
    Please if you like send a petition to Vonage VoIP company to create an application for the WebOS platform. Click on the link below to fill out the mobile app for request:

https://support.vonage.com/app/ask
    That's just a PC reply from them. At this point they won't look at doing it unless something miraculous happens with webOS in the future.

Off topic, but... BTW.. When you want to save $, watch woot.com for the Ooma Telo device to go on sale. I switched from Vonage to that system and its the same service for free (you just buy the device.) Same quality!

Anyhoo... Back on topic... Vonage has sent that same response out to inquiries for the past couple of years, unfortunately.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    That's just a PC reply from them. At this point they won't look at doing it unless something miraculous happens with webOS in the future.
    Thanks for nice reply mod: HelloNNNewman, i really appreciate your honesty there. By the way things look for WebOS still wondering if there anything miraculous that could happen to this wonderful dying platform. So for the sake of the argument, WebOS is basically on a big Coma(dead) than will probably never rise up again. Well, looks like my TouchPad functionality keeps and will keep getting more useless by days and minutes. There are barely any apps worth downloading on the HP catalog, I don't even waste my time opening that thing anymore. Even with the news of HP(bubble-heads) laying off more people that works on the developing of WebOS, looks like more and more like there won't be any more software updates. HP doesn't think that the more employee they have on the team the faster it could be to release WebOS as an open source system. And by laying them off, it also leaves something clear that HP doesn't even consider of doing WebOS hardware not even by the year 2013.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    I'm certainly not going to put a virtual nail in the coffin for webOS... I honestly think that there is a great chance of Open Source development taking hold and growing once people can start doing the things with webOS that HP and Palm held off doing. I think there is a very good possibility of this not becoming just another 'hobbyist' platform. But that's just my hopes for now.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I'm certainly not going to put a virtual nail in the coffin for webOS... I honestly think that there is a great chance of Open Source development taking hold and growing once people can start doing the things with webOS that HP and Palm held off doing. I think there is a very good possibility of this not becoming just another 'hobbyist' platform. But that's just my hopes for now.
    Well, recently I got more than a computer reply on the Vonage App request. The answer that I was expecting was something less positive than the answer that I was given, to put it on more simple terms looks like there it won't be any sort of app for Vonage for the WebOS platform at the moment. I don't understand when they say, WebOS more supported ? So because of those stupid people(Running HP) we(users) of WebOS will be punish for their actions of cancelling Hardware across WebOS. Since barely WebOS exist as a mobile market, there will never be nice application being built for the WebOS faithful.....Nice having a TouchPad with barely any apps worthy of downloading.

Thank you for contacting Vonage Mobile Support.

I understand your inquiry for Vonage mobile on WebOS. At this time WebOS is not support by Vonage mobile. If WeboS or any other smart phone OS become supported the information will be posted on our website at Make International Calls on iPhone & Android. Vonage Mobile Apps..

Thank you for contacting us.

Vonage Mobile Support
    I like WebOS(BELIEVE ME), but these things of no having apps really stinks badly. If I knew on how to built apps(coding and using Enyo), I will certainly be taking actions with my own hands. However, I don't know anything about computer programming which really find it struggling for me.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.