Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By patchs
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Looks like these apps are not being supported after 3/6... Check the store option on your TP app.
    Yep... it was a Front Page story on the site last week.

http://www.webosnation.com/time-inc-...ortune-go-dark

<thread moved>
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Yep... it was a Front Page story on the site last week.

http://www.webosnation.com/time-inc-...ortune-go-dark

<thread moved>
    Such a sad news that was to hear that company decided to abandon WebOS platform. Luckily for me, when I get my refund from my purchase digital content subscription.....I won't even buy anything from them anymore. They had the courage to abandon such a great platform as WebOS, if would be fair for me to abandon them as well. Its very unfair for them to pull the plug so suddenly like that, instead of sticking with WebOS that it won't even hurt them at all.
    Yes... but it was to be expected in the short run. Hopefully, if HP handles the Open Sourcing of webOS decently, it will bring back devs and apps in the future. Until then, I've got my subscriptions through the Zinio app and they are still great at supporting the platform
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Yes... but it was to be expected in the short run. Hopefully, if HP handles the Open Sourcing of webOS decently, it will bring back devs and apps in the future. Until then, I've got my subscriptions through the Zinio app and they are still great at supporting the platform
    I have Zinio... can't get the listed mags on this thread though...
    Quote Originally Posted by taxi View Post
    I have Zinio... can't get the listed mags on this thread though...
    Very true, my bad! I have a regular (paper) subscription to SI, so I never looked in Zinio for it. Looks like those that you mentioned aren't there.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Very true, my bad! I have a regular (paper) subscription to SI, so I never looked in Zinio for it. Looks like those that you mentioned aren't there.
    No problem... I have the print subs on these magazines but I'm going to seriously miss the apps which I primarily used to read the issues...
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    Such a sad news that was to hear that company decided to abandon WebOS platform. Luckily for me, when I get my refund from my purchase digital content subscription.....I won't even buy anything from them anymore. They had the courage to abandon such a great platform as WebOS, if would be fair for me to abandon them as well. Its very unfair for them to pull the plug so suddenly like that, instead of sticking with WebOS that it won't even hurt them at all.
    that is pretty funny, HP cancelled the touchpad, but your mad at time for cancelling an app
    signs of life?
    just got an email from Time:
    HP and the TIME team intend to explore alternative means for future delivery of the TIME editions to webOS via a cross-platform development project while HP moves webOS to the open source community. For more information on HPs announced plans regarding webOS, click here.
    cujoq37 and Apelles123 like this.
    No great loss imo. The TIME app never worked for me. Always went to the same page in the same issue. I uninstalled it long ago.
    After sending TIME a nasty email after I heard the news from the front page, I quit opening the app as it was basically useless. I decided to just start picking up the paper editions I was receiving in the mail. Last night I opened up tthe Sports Illustrated just to see if it still worked... and it does.

What gives? Did TIME change their minds??

edit: And by saying it works, the newest edition was available for download and it worked.
    Current: OnePlus One, Nexus 10
    Retired: Palm Centro, Palm Pre+, HP Veer, HP TouchPad, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Moto X (2013), Nexus 7 (2012)

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
    Good bye to garbage! If their subscriptions plummet they have only themselves to blame.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    signs of life?
    just got an email from Time:
    HP and the TIME team intend to explore alternative means for future delivery of the TIME editions to webOS via a cross-platform development project while HP moves webOS to the open source community. For more information on HPs announced plans regarding webOS, click here.
    I hope that this is true. I admit that my initial response to Time, Fortune and S.I was bitter as webOS has taken so much abuse. It's still my favorite.