Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By fxspec06
  • 1 Post By fxspec06
  • 2 Post By grappler
  • 1 Post By matchqq
  • 1 Post By fxspec06
  • 1 Post By trowany
  1.    #1  
    DISCLAIMER: I am not affiliated with the developer of Graphite in any way, shape, or form. Installation of this patch could mean you will not get support from the developer until removal of the patch. This patch comes as-is, without warranty, and is subject to removal at any time.

Now, on to the patch itself...

I bought Graphite last week, and while I absolutely love it (it's my favorite twitter client), I need the ability to scroll to the top of my timeline. This is crucial functionality.

This patch allows powerscroll to top and bottom of the timeline, using a two fingered gesture.

The scrolling can get very slow, and I understand why it was not included in the initial release.

This patch is a brief fix, non-permanent (or maybe it will become one).

Clearly, you must have purchased Graphite from the webOS App Catalog for this patch to work.

Please leave your comments in the thread below. Remember to click "thanks" if you like this patch.

Enjoy!

UPDATE:
    After much debugging, I have narrowed down the problem and uploaded a fixed version 2 patch.
    This patch works perfectly 100% of the time with as minimal code and as little lag as possible.

Maybe the creators of Graphite webOS can use this code and release an update including this power scroll gesture.

UPDATE 2:
    I've included an "alternate" patch.
    This patch is the same as the above, with one difference: PowerScroll markers.

When you swipe to top, you now create a "PowerScroll marker." From there, when you swipe to bottom, you will reach the bottom of the list as before (without loading new tweets ). Only this time, if you swipe again, you will be taken to your marker. You can then keep swiping to the bottom, and will be alternating between your marker and the bottom of your tweetline. Then you can swipe up and re-set your marker anywhere.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by fxspec06; 03/09/2012 at 09:23 PM. Reason: UPDATED
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

poploser, grappler and trowany like this.
    Program does freeze some, but it seems to be just to download new messages.
    Having some weirdness with this patch :P it hasn't ever gone all the way to the top with a 2 finger powerscroll like it does in Carbon or Sparrow. Then last night, it was only showing tweets on the top half of the window and it was all gray down below it. It seems like maybe it scrolls a little bit faster but doesn't seem to "powerscroll right to top or bottom" as I think of powerscroll. Maybe it didn't install right on my TP.. I 100% applaud your efforts though! This is something that should've shipped with Graphite before release.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Having some weirdness with this patch :P it hasn't ever gone all the way to the top with a 2 finger powerscroll like it does in Carbon or Sparrow. Then last night, it was only showing tweets on the top half of the window and it was all gray down below it. It seems like maybe it scrolls a little bit faster but doesn't seem to "powerscroll right to top or bottom" as I think of powerscroll. Maybe it didn't install right on my TP.. I 100% applaud your efforts though! This is something that should've shipped with Graphite before release.
    yeah, i'm experiencing odd issues too. leading me to believe this patch requires a lil' more work than what i put into it..... which is why it wasn't included in release

one of these nights i'll sit down w/ the code to find why it's not working.

it does work the first time you do it. then if you go away and come back it doesn't work then. but you can scroll ot bottom and then scroll to top, and it works again. for a lil' bit.

i'm not 100% sure what's goig on here, if i get this to work it'll require a lil' more effort.

something i kinda want to do lol.
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

trowany likes this.
  5.    #5  
    i should have an update ready at some point tonight that makes everything good

6.    #6  
    First post updated with patch number 2 and also an Alternate patch.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    First post updated with patch number 2 and also an Alternate patch.
    thank you! I had quit using Graphite for this reason. Scroll to top is a must have feature.
    You are the man . . . Or maybe the snake?
    fxspec06 and Vistaus like this.
    Sorry if I'm being thick, but I can't get this to install...

It doesn't show up in Preware's file browser, and Internalz Pro just gives me an error saying that the patches are filled with rubbish!

Precisely, it says:

Error
    Patch installation failed.

patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line
    /mediia/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/patch: **** Only garbage was found in the patch input.
    /mediia/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/patch: **** Only garbage was found in the patch input.

*** FAILED ***

Any thoughts?!

Feeling a little bit abandoned by the Graphite devs, to be honest. Bought on day one, and they haven't supported it at all, just moving on to other platforms days later...
    This patch would really improve the usability of the app, if I could get it to install!
    @fxspec06 - It's a good thing you have taken it upon yourself to fix the issues with this app. For the developers have seemingly abandoned webOS and therefore this app. It is highly unlikely that the developers will add any more functionality to the app, specially considering that they have not even addressed major bugs in the app.

PS: Considering that webOSNation (Precentral then) had promoted this app on the front page of this site, I think they are morally bound to now publish a front page warning to members, about the major bugs and more importantly that the bugs are highly unlikely to ever be fixed due the abandonment of the app, by the developers.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 03/11/2012 at 12:24 AM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Kind of disappointed with dots & lines. They said before on Twitter that power scroll would be implemented in the future, but several months has passed and nothing happened. Not even a fix for some major bugs. Now it needs another developer to help them do this? I thought because they originated as webOS developers, they would stick to supporting it. That doesn't seem to be the case.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    trowany likes this.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbob View Post
    Sorry if I'm being thick, but I can't get this to install...

It doesn't show up in Preware's file browser, and Internalz Pro just gives me an error saying that the patches are filled with rubbish!

Precisely, it says:

Error
    Patch installation failed.

patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line

*** FAILED ***

Any thoughts?!

Feeling a little bit abandoned by the Graphite devs, to be honest. Bought on day one, and they haven't supported it at all, just moving on to other platforms days later...
    This patch would really improve the usability of the app, if I could get it to install!
    I would first try rebooting the TouchPad and re-installing the patch. If that doesn't work, uninstalling and re-installing Graphite should allow you to install the patch. The patch shows up in Preware for me (at least the alt one). I realize fresh install is not the best option, but it's something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    @fxspec06 - It's a good thing you have taken it upon yourself to fix the issues with this app. For the developers have seemingly abandoned webOS and therefore this app. It is highly unlikely that the developers will add any more functionality to the app, specially considering that they have not even addressed major bugs in the app.

PS: Considering that webOSNation (Precentral then) had promoted this app on the front page of this site, I think they are morally bound to now publish a front page warning to members, about the major bugs and more importantly that the bugs are highly unlikely to ever be fixed due the abandonment of the app, by the developers.
    Well I spent $5 on it, and while I think it's by far the best layout for a twitter app on the pad, it's got a few problems. Since it doesn't look like Dots & Lines is in a hurry to release any updates, it looks like I'm going to have to update it for myself. =P

Still got a little bit of tweaking to do on this patch. Maybe I'll manage to find a way to kill some performance problems. I've got some ideas left.

Also, Carbon still has some features that Graphite doesn't have. While I'm not going to go out of my way bending over backwards to fix and add everything, it's certainly possible that I could add and/or fix some features that I like / want myself. I just need to put a finger on exactly what it is that is lacking between the two versions. I use Carbon almost exclusively for twitter on the phone, so I've got a pretty decent idea of what I like =P

13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    You are the man . . . Or maybe the snake?
    or maybe ........ manbearsnake? o.O

trowany likes this.
    I had been having the same problem installing. Reinstall and reboot worked.
    Last edited by trowany; 03/11/2012 at 10:59 AM.
    fxspec06 likes this.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by trowany View Post
    I had been having the same problem installing. Reinstall and reboot worked.
    Glad to hear it!

Took a bit of fiddling, but I managed to get it to install eventually!
    Does seem quite jerky, as you said, but the app is now SO much more usable. Thanks for the work and effort you put in.

Really wish Dots & Lines had bothered to support their product after release. Even just a single patch to hotfix some things. Instead we get silence, whilst they busy themselves on new project. Yes, I understand that they need to make money, and to do that they need to move on to new platforms, but they could at least explain why they're leaving their buyers in the lurch and offer some form of apology.

Very poor form, and I highly doubt I'll buy an app from them again because of this.