webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > retunes
retunes
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By siobhanellis

Old 02/25/2012, 07:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

I've been looking for a decent iTunes remote control for my touchpad for ages. It seems that the developers of some of the older iTunes remote controls were not interested in developing further, especially to support the TP format. Now there is retune... and it's free! Yes, a free iTunes remote... and it's bloody brilliant! So Brilliant, I gladly donated to the developer.

I could do everything I wanted to do with the app, even select airplay speakers and to send to AppleTV.

This app has been well thought out and has had a very professional job done.

Highly recommended if you use iTunes.

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.

Last edited by siobhanellis; 02/25/2012 at 07:12 PM. Reason: got name wrong. it's retune (singular not plural)
siobhanellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Vistaus likes this.
Thanked by bluenote, Vistaus
Old 02/25/2012, 09:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

Thanks I will check it out.
bluenote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/03/2012, 05:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

so far terrific, holds connection and reconnects without having to re enter codes, using it w airport express. Good work1
bluenote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/2013, 10:31 AM   #4 (permalink)

I know the thread about retune is old, but I just got it to know yesterday.

Unfortunately I don't get it to work. As described the touchpad should show under devices in itunes, but it does not. My touchpad and my laptop are both connected to the same wifi, but I don't know how to get the touchpad to show under devices in itunes.

Somebody an advice?

Thanks
vodkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/2013, 01:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
I've been looking for a decent iTunes remote control for my touchpad for ages. It seems that the developers of some of the older iTunes remote controls were not interested in developing further, especially to support the TP format. Now there is retune... and it's free! Yes, a free iTunes remote... and it's bloody brilliant! So Brilliant, I gladly donated to the developer.

I could do everything I wanted to do with the app, even select airplay speakers and to send to AppleTV.

This app has been well thought out and has had a very professional job done.

Highly recommended if you use iTunes.
No problems here. And Retune is even still supported, just got an update last week. But everything works fine here.

Did you try rebooting your Touchpad? And which version of iTunes do you got? Because I did get some problems with 10.7 but with the new 11 all works fine.
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/2013, 03:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
No problems here. And Retune is even still supported, just got an update last week. But everything works fine here.

Did you try rebooting your Touchpad? And which version of iTunes do you got? Because I did get some problems with 10.7 but with the new 11 all works fine.
Thanks for the quick response.

I did reboot my TP,but didn't change anythiny. I got the latest verison of iTunes 11.01.12

What I do not understand is actually: how should itunes see the touchpad just because the two devices (laptop and TP) are in the same wifi? Or do I have to connect the TP to the laptop somehow?
Old 01/17/2013, 03:09 AM   #7 (permalink)

retunes works via Bluetooth, not WiFi. See if it is connecte dto anything else via Bluetooth, then disconnect that connection.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
Old 01/17/2013, 04:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
retunes works via Bluetooth, not WiFi. See if it is connecte dto anything else via Bluetooth, then disconnect that connection.
Retune works via WiFi. Please, read before you post.

https://developer.palm.com/appredire...allydoc.retune
"Requires: * WIFI for TouchPad to connect to iTunes."

And as a user of Retune, I can confirm that.
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/2013, 09:38 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
Retune works via WiFi. Please, read before you post.

https://developer.palm.com/appredire...allydoc.retune
"Requires: * WIFI for TouchPad to connect to iTunes."

And as a user of Retune, I can confirm that.
and as a user I can also confirm that. Doh

however, I can also say that my to find't work until I disconnected the BT.... And then it started to work. Can I explain that? No

Old 01/17/2013, 02:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

Okay I know that I have to use wifi.

But I still do not know how to connect the TP to my PC or iTunes ^^
Old 01/20/2013, 01:22 PM   #11 (permalink)

Is it possible that I have to activate "home sharing" in itunes?
I tried to do so, but I don't have an apple id. Do I have to create an apple account or is it possible without having one?
Old 01/21/2013, 11:50 AM   #12 (permalink)

Okay, got it working.

Only thing was to turn on home sharing after creating an apple id ....

Tags
itunes, remote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0