Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree279Likes
    Trust me, having a Playbook .. being able to run Android apps doesn't solve anything.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    All in all, this is good news! Thankyou for keeping us posted Zukny.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Trust me, having a Playbook .. being able to run Android apps doesn't solve anything.
    You have a playbook? I've been wondering, did playbook os 2.0 ever bring it to the level of webOS? I know web browsing is stellar but what about the rest? Just curious; I never plan to own a playbook unless RIM gives them out for free which, in their current state, is quite possible.
    - techlover10, long time webOS fan and Pulse News supporter
    Please check out my thread at http://forums.webosnation.com/app-re...may-think.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Zukny View Post
    But it did take Anita a week to get that email to me, and things still look promising. Nothing has broken down & things sound just as positive as before.. That is pretty important.

My thinking is, they possibly already have the OK from HP to bring the application out, but they are probably just working on some last minute things.. Which is why they don't want to give a timetable... ? maybe? i donno..

I could be dreaming lol
    Got my email below a few days ago and I'm happy with what she said,

Thank you so much for your email! We are hoping to have an announcement in the very near future about ACL for webOS - dates, timing, pricing, versions, support, etc. I will certainly add you to the test list. Please be kind enough to stay tuned for more information as soon as I am able to release it. > > > > Anita Tsantinis > > Marketing Coordinator > > > > OpenMobile World Wide, Inc. > Welcome to OpenMobile World Wide

I'm also hoping that ACL brings Android to webOS and then with HP future open source releases finally brings webOS to my Droid Bionic native and still able to run my favorite Android apps. Never know and anything is possible with enough motivation. Sorli...
    zukny likes this.
    Just tweeted this, nothing webOS specific, but they are moving forward overall.

OpenMobile ‏ @openmobileww

OpenMobile is hiring! Send us your resume today! Careers with OpenMobile World Wide
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    zukny likes this.
  6.    #126  
    Awesome news! It's nice to hear people are following their tweets & writing them as well. I have to think the more they hear from us the more they want to get this deal in place soon.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Some explanation would be nice!
    sorli likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Some explanation would be nice!
    I've now got access to some 60,000 apps, 90% of which are complete and utter trash.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    OK, but they work. The point for me would be to be able to load some local Dutch apps and hopefully something like whatsapp. So hopefully openmobile ACL allows side-loading, where RIM is about to prevent this.
    sorli likes this.
    I've now got access to some 60,000 apps, 90% of which are complete and utter trash.
    Yes I also use Android and have a bunch of crap apps, but at least we have a choice and I'd rather have something at the dinner table then nothing at all.

You are correct though...half of my time on Android involves downloading apps and seeing if it is worth keeping. Sadly my return rate is as high as 60 or 70% and I'm very selective of what I download and need. Not a great testimony for Android app developers, but I suspect Android and IOS app developers are learning you don't have to create great apps to make a profit and good will be just fine.

Either way, I'd still like access to Pulse, Domino's, and other simple apps like AAA mobile service and support app that I've used twice in the past year and not available on webOS. Every mobile platform wants more and better apps and even IOS can't get enough of great apps! Sorli...
    jcmarcos likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    half of my time on Android involves downloading apps and seeing if it is worth keeping.
    Excellent summary Sorli. I'd say that the quality of apps can be inversely proportional to its amount.

As a side note, the Bluestacks Android app player on my PC has ceased working, after a couple of days of excellent experience (with Whatsapp, precisely): I updated my old ATi Radeon Xpress 200 driver and, while everything in Windows seems fine, now Bluestacks screen is corrupt, or almost unreadable because of wrong pixel interpolation. Windows can't go back to the previous driver (missing DLL), and installing an old one from AMDs site changed nothing (with several Bluestacks reinstalls inbetween, as it checks video driver on setup).

Awww...
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Any news? I would love to use this on my Pre3. My Android phone is acting up and driving me nuts. Wish I could use my Pre3 as my main phone again, but that requires some unmissable (Android) apps.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Hi everyone!!

are there any new on the OpenMobile ACL???
    i'm willing to pay like 50 dollars for that!!!
    i want angry birds space!!!! ahhhaha....

no, seriously... are there any news?

RQ
    webOS [[[ ]
    yes, are there any news about ACL? I'll buy it for my touchpad and veer!!!!))
    please, write me a latter, or Skype me, when ACL will be available, I rarely visit this forum((

Thanq very much!)
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 05/01/2012 at 05:35 PM. Reason: removed e-mail address (spam bots will catch that)
    To darkdeveloper and anyone else wanting to keep up with this (or any other thread), you can always set a subscription to a specific thread and have the forum software e-mail you when a new post is made.

Also in this case you can always contact the developer directly.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    It seems OpenMobile uses the same dictionary as Palm did. Their definition of "very near future" seems similar to Palm's "soon" I.e. "Maybe coming within multiple months, maybe not coming at all..."
    ...yet another day has passed without word from OpenMobile...c'mon guys, throw us a bone! All of the webOS nation would appreciate it! OpenMobile, if you're reading this, please give us some sort of status update!!!
    - techlover10, long time webOS fan and Pulse News supporter
    Please check out my thread at http://forums.webosnation.com/app-re...may-think.html
    Quote Originally Posted by techlover10 View Post
    ...c'mon guys, throw us a bone! All of the webOS nation would appreciate it!
    Not all, really.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    It seems OpenMobile uses the same dictionary as Palm did. Their definition of "very near future" seems similar to Palm's "soon" I.e. "Maybe coming within multiple months, maybe not coming at all..."
    If I'd be HP and would seriously try to bring webOS back to the game, I would probably hold it back untill openwebos release.

Somewhen I read a statement of Meg saying that openwebos is suppose to be "better then iOS and android"
    To make this promise true they'd need to publish a new device with openwebos including ACL imho, powered by a serious marketing campaign possjbly including webOS for PC and praising how it all works together.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Dream-on
    geekpeter likes this.
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast