webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > OpenMobile update!!!
OpenMobile update!!!
Like Tree279Likes

Old 03/09/2013, 01:41 PM   #401 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

I think it is past time that OpenMobileWorldWide heard directly from one of their target audiences. It strikes me as highly unethical that their website, Welcome to OpenMobile World Wide, makes claims of products being "available now" when they have not one single OEM or Consumer release.

Please, visit their site and look around. Check out the fact sheets that claim they have ACL "available now" on many platforms, including webOS. Then take some time out to send them a message.

Click the link and send an email explaining how you feel about the claim that you might actually download a product of theirs right this moment when none exists. Maybe give them a phone call using the number they so thoughtfully provided. Like any good company, they should be receptive to hearing from their "consumers."

RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/27/2013, 01:58 AM   #402 (permalink)

Waiting for the big news.......;-)
mattmayatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by renater likes this.
Old 04/28/2013, 12:48 PM   #403 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

With the announcement that Phoenix International Communications has started a kick starter campaign to raise $35k to hand over to Open Mobile World Wide this is my advice...

Boo!!!!! Hiss!!!!!

I wouldn't give Open Mobile monopoly money to play with, let alone real $$$.

Their track record is thus: lie a lot about how imminent things are, smile real wide and act excited, cart around some demo videos of an alpha.

They have claimed on their website for months that ACL is "available today" for webOS, for MeeGo, for Windows, for Ubuntu, for Tizen... Read their website. Look at their Datasheets. Notice the present tense language of all that is a done deal, accomplished fact, usable product that you can have right here and now. Then try and find a product that they have released to an OEM or a consumer.

All just lies. Not marketing hype. Outright fabrications that bear no semblance to reality. They lie knowingly, slyly and maliciously. Boo!!!!! Hiss!!!!!

Shame on Phoenix International Communications for passing around a donation basket to hand to these hucksters.

Shame on anyone who donates one penny to this.

As they say: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

DON'T BE THE FOOL WHO GETS SHAMED BY CONTRIBUTING TO THIS VAPORWARE.
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/28/2013, 01:24 PM   #404 (permalink)

I'd like to know why LG isn't stepping up and kicking in the $35K. It's a mere drop in the bucket compared to whatever it was they paid for licensing fees. Aren't they allegedly building webOS Smart TVs? Shouldn't this be an asset to them? Then there's no real need to try and get developers on board, they are already there.
Old 04/28/2013, 01:27 PM   #405 (permalink)
Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
I'd like to know why LG isn't stepping up and kicking in the $35K. It's a mere drop in the bucket compared to whatever it was they paid for licensing fees. Aren't they allegedly building webOS Smart TVs? Shouldn't this be an asset to them? Then there's no real need to try and get developers on board, they are already there.
It's Android 2.3 underneath the ACL. That's of absolutely no benefit to LG.
Liked by OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
Thanked by RumoredNow, sledge007
Old 04/28/2013, 01:38 PM   #406 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
It's Android 2.3 underneath the ACL. That's of absolutely no benefit to LG.
probably why they cant garner interest from any serious company then.

Tags
android apps, openmobile, touchpad apps

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0