webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > OpenMobile update!!!
OpenMobile update!!!
Like Tree279Likes

Old 10/02/2012, 02:44 PM   #261 (permalink)

Yupp, that's correct link. The link on products leads you to http://openmobileww.com/openmobileww.com/tv.php which is certainly dead.
HelmutsKohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2012, 08:02 PM   #262 (permalink)

I'm getting a bit worried that we still haven't heard anything from Openmobile.
Is it possible they have felt burned by HP not releasing OWOS for the touchpad?
darth_luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2012, 08:38 PM   #263 (permalink)

I can't believe anyone still has hope in this. Talk about vaporware!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/2012, 01:06 AM   #264 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
I can't believe anyone still has hope in this. Talk about vaporware!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Correctomundo... don't expect anything to come from this company.
i2y4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/2012, 02:30 AM   #265 (permalink)

Two days ago they gave a sign of life on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/openmobileww/sta...97937417973760
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenMobileWWW
Come visit us at the #GENIVI Meeting in Shanghai - Android Apps running on the #Tizen IVI solution! #GetAppsGetACL ACL for the Tizen In-Vehicle Infotainment System | OpenMobile
Now it's Tizen
Thanked By: AnitaOM
Old 10/12/2012, 03:44 AM   #266 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

There really is nothing I have to get from Google Play for my webOS phones. I simply wanted ACL for the boost it would have given our OS in the opinion of non-users.

I would have purchased it just to support that enhanced visibility.

Now, however, I wouldn't purchase if it suddenly got unveiled tomorrow.

They've really burned up a lot of well wishes and good will with their behavior over at OpenMobileWW.

RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by xandros9 likes this.
Old 10/12/2012, 09:33 AM   #267 (permalink)

Missing an optimistic deadline is certainly not unusual in the software industry. But it is disappointing that they havent given a status update. Obviously they are still moving forward. And my money is ready.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
starbuckk is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Vistaus and AnitaOM like this.
Thanked by AnitaOM, Vistaus
Old 10/12/2012, 10:26 AM   #268 (permalink)

Guess who's around here
HelmutsKohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Vistaus likes this.
Old 10/12/2012, 10:35 AM   #269 (permalink)

AnitaOM, care to let us know where ACL for webOS stands?
johnnygewitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Vistaus likes this.
Old 10/12/2012, 01:31 PM   #270 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuckk View Post
Missing an optimistic deadline is certainly not unusual in the software industry. But it is disappointing that they havent given a status update. Obviously they are still moving forward. And my money is ready.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
Optimistic? It had the tone of firm deadline...

But also it is more than just missing the deadline they set without leaving word.

Look at the evaporative list of promises:
  1. Sept 21, 2011 - ACL for MeeGo with proof of concept vid for an x86 tablet running MeeGo
  2. Jan 9, 2012 - ACL for any platform claimed at CES 2012 - including Windows, Linux
  3. March 2012 - courting webOS quite heavily on the forums
  4. May 9, 2012 - proof of concept vid for ACL on Tizen powered tablet
  5. June 17, 2012 - puffing more hot air at MeeGo N9 crowd
  6. Oct 10, 2012 - back to Tizen and an "In Vehicle Infotainment" device

This is from OpenMobile's own News page from their site.

They pick up and drop OS's at a whim. Samsung seems to have thrown enough cash at them to lure them away from all other projects...

I smell a Sammy acquisition coming that will stifle ACL development for anything but Tizen.

They have yet to release anything public.
Thanked By: jcmarcos
Old 11/02/2012, 11:10 AM   #271 (permalink)

Hi webOS Nation!

I am reaching out to you all to let you know that OpenMobile is still very busy and very alive! We recently relocated our office headquarters, our new office is more than three times the space of our old office due to the fact that we are rapidly expanding our team!

We are currently working on a number of projects (platforms) simultaneously. Again as you all know I cannot go into much detail as we are under NDA. But rest assure that our office is very busy and full of excitement.

I constantly share your emails as well as your blog posts with everyone on the OpenMobile team. As I have mentioned numerous times – you are our cheerleaders and please keep cheering us on.

There is so much to say (wish you were a fly on our walls).. but just know we have BIG NEWS coming soon…
AnitaOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by asantaga, Rnp, sq5 and 2 others like this.
Old 11/02/2012, 11:47 AM   #272 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnitaOM View Post
Hi webOS Nation!

I am reaching out to you all to let you know that OpenMobile is still very busy and very alive! We recently relocated our office headquarters, our new office is more than three times the space of our old office due to the fact that we are rapidly expanding our team!

We are currently working on a number of projects (platforms) simultaneously. Again as you all know I cannot go into much detail as we are under NDA. But rest assure that our office is very busy and full of excitement.

I constantly share your emails as well as your blog posts with everyone on the OpenMobile team. As I have mentioned numerous times – you are our cheerleaders and please keep cheering us on.

There is so much to say (wish you were a fly on our walls).. but just know we have BIG NEWS coming soon…
Coming soon... I just had a déjà vu. Oh yes I heard these words nearly a year ago.
geileszeuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/2012, 11:48 AM   #273 (permalink)

i still have little to no faith in this now, yet at the same time still badly want it, esp with news of the gram/LG open webOS TV news.
Old 11/02/2012, 12:54 PM   #274 (permalink)

Quote:
Hi webOS Nation!

Hey anita,

How about giving some of us a sneak preview? even under NDA, that way we'd be able to "unbiasedly" give the community some hope that things are moving ahead..... there is some WOW coming soon.
Old 11/02/2012, 03:56 PM   #275 (permalink)

Quote:
i still have little to no faith in this now, yet at the same time still badly want it, esp with news of the gram/LG open webOS TV news.

Me too. If it does come out, and really works and is reasonably priced, I will still buy it. And them I will stop using the apps after a while and wonder why I needed them. :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Last edited by Grabber5.0; 11/02/2012 at 04:18 PM.
Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/2012, 06:51 PM   #276 (permalink)

Yeah its high time to make with some screenshots or something! We know you got a stack of nexus 7s running open webos over there somewhere jk

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
kevets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/2012, 07:15 PM   #277 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Hi webOS Nation!

Smells vaporous...
Liked by cujoq37, sq5 and sledge007 like this.
Old 11/02/2012, 10:34 PM   #278 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
Smells vaporous...

Last edited by sq5; 11/03/2012 at 07:53 AM.
ArchonAdvisors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/03/2012, 10:02 AM   #279 (permalink)

Quote:
Hi webOS Nation!

is that big news to do with Open WebOS, plam/hp device WebOS or both
jetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/03/2012, 10:36 AM   #280 (permalink)

Ah yes, OpenMobile buy themselves another few months with yet more cheap talk of promises for the future.

Time to put a product on sale, guys, or shut up once and for all.
milhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by dignitary and sledge007 like this.

Tags
android apps, openmobile, touchpad apps

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0