Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree279Likes
    Heck, at this point I could write the Touchpad and my current devices off... as far as my expectations go at least. There are about to be a ton of new tablet hardware released into the market and if there's even just one decent tab that Open webOS can be installed, that should be the target for openmobile. Anything beyond that will be gravy, for me.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnitaOM View Post
    If you are local or know anyone in the Framingham, MA area that you think would make a great addition to the OpenMobile team, please forward them the link and/or send resumes to me directly.
    I used to be a mobile software engineer in Framingham, MA. Darn the irony...
    xandros9 and Vistaus like this.
    I just sent the following to OpenMobile WW:

"Dear software professional,

Many webOS users at the forum I frequent are becoming anxious to learn the true state of ACL for webOS.

1) When is a release due?

2) Will ACL for webOS be available to individual consumers for after market installation?

3) Will ACL for webOS support legacy devices?
    a) Can it be installed on webOS 3.x (TouchPad)?
    b) Can it be installed on webOS 2.x (some Pre+,Pre2 Veer, Pre3)?
    c) Can it be installed on webOS 1.x (Pixi, Pixi+, Pre, some Pre+)?

4) Will ACL for webOS support Open Source webOS?

5) Will release(s) appear in the HP App Catalog?

It is a fine idea and generates much discussion. There are many who wish to see your labors bear fruit in the very near future, but we would love to have some news to spread and help you build anticipation.

If you are in need of Beta testers you would find many eager and knowledgeable individuals at http://forums.webosnation.com

Please answer soon and I will post the reply on the forum. I am posting this letter after I send it.

Warm Regards,
    A webOS user"

I will post back results (if I get a send error) and any replies I receive.

Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    I have $10 waiting to spring on this, plus i would be willing to kick in an extra $1 for every paid app i install...

Must be able to install and use the top 100 free and paid apps!

And I would pre-order it today if there was a placeholder in the AppCat!
    Hi
    I know that this question has been asked before, so forgive me if I'm repeating questions ( I tried searching the forums but couldn't find any recent news on this)
    Is there (either already, or in the pipeline) an Android application emulator for the TouchPad? I am trying to get my nook reading app on my TP, but at the moment I can only use it if I boot into Android (which is also installed on my TP).

I would love to be able to run Android apps "natively" within WebOS.

Does anyone have any news on this please?

Once again, apologies if this has already been asked.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Pad View Post
    Thanks for the information T-Pad. Looks like I will have to wait with baited breath like everyone else for the release of this software, if it ever gets released.
    <threads merged>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Are there any further information for the release date or anything else its worth waiting for? I really love the new LunaCE and it would be incredible to have Android Apps running at the best Tablet OS. I really would like to get rid of the cyanogenmod.
    grappler likes this.
    Its been pretty quiet from OpenMobile. Today is the end of Q3 so hopefully something will be coming soon!
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    Vistaus likes this.
    That is just embarrassing. They are telling it is coming soon since January this year. And they even promised it will be released until the end of Q3. Q3 is over and still nothing here. And something like that is allowed to call itself Incorporation? If I was an OEM I would never buy their products after all of this irreverence. If you visit their products page OpenMobile's ACL (Application Compatibility Layer)™ and click on "Read more..." at "ACL for OEMs" or "ACL for Consumers" all you get is a 404 not found error. I mean are they serious?
    jcmarcos and Vistaus like this.
    So where is this?
    Does anyone know if the Playbook OS 2.x's Android App Player has been developed by or is based on OpenMobile's ACL technology?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    Does anyone know if the Playbook OS 2.x's Android App Player has been developed by or is based on OpenMobile's ACL technology?
    I believe it was a BB developed plug-in...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    That is NOT a good sign. Their web page was working yesterday and gone the first day of the new month. And no communication from them sionce August...

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    I believe it was a BB developed plug-in...
    This is what I have heard as well, but who knows if BB licensed any IP from anywhere.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Well, if someone happens to be in Shanghai Oct. 9-12, perhaps they can schedule a meeting with OpenMobile. It's likely the only way we'll hear from them; that is, if they are still a going concern.

From their Events page:

October 9-12, 2012
    7th GENIVI All Member Meeting Conference
    Shanghai, China
    Schedule a meeting at the GENIVI All Member Meeting
    OpenMobile will be attending this event
    Last edited by bill2455; 10/01/2012 at 05:13 PM.
    Their web page is back up so must have been a temporary glitch.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
    ---
    HP Touchpad!
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuckk View Post
    Their web page is back up so must have been a temporary glitch.
    The cunsumer-area is still not available.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelmutsKohl View Post
    The cunsumer-area is still not available.
    This: ACL™ for Consumers - The Power to Choose. ?