Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1.    #1  
    It would be great for a gallery app or patch that would allow the photographer or artist to organize their images in a specific sequence of their choice . It's incredibly frustrating to be able to create galleries within the TouchPad, and then be at the mercy of the webOS filesystem. I have tried all sorts of work arounds from Slide Master to editing photos for no reason other than to change date. Me and many other are frustrated by this .A gallery app or patch that lets you organize photo the way you want to would be greatly appreciated by many !

    So close and yet so far-The touchpad has a beautiful display and responsive scrolling.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Apelles View Post
    It would be great for a gallery app or patch that would allow the photographer or artist to organize their images in a specific sequence of their choice . It's incredibly frustrating to be able to create galleries within the TouchPad, and then be at the mercy of the webOS filesystem. I have tried all sorts of work arounds from Slide Master to editing photos for no reason other than to change date. Me and many other are frustrated by this .A gallery app or patch that lets you organize photo the way you want to would be greatly appreciated by many !

    So close and yet so far-The touchpad has a beautiful display and responsive scrolling.
    +1, and then some!

    I would very much prefer to use the stock gallery app, due to the visual look & smooth scrolling, but the fact that I can't get the pictures organized by the time they were taken, nor display the albums in alphabetical order and can't exclude or hide albums (esp. folders upon folders of album art) is all very troubling.

    Slide Master is my work-around but that still leaves a lot to be desired. It is dreadfully slow (choppy display) and terribly counter-intuitive for the actions needed to display photos (having to long press an album and then long press on the photo you want, as opposed to a simple touch).

    I would LOVE to see a patch for the gallery app!! You are absolutely right, the TP "has a beautiful display and responsive scrolling."
  3. nrthwds's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    #3  
    Count me in. I've been telling HP everytime I talk to them about this.
    If only the gallary app had the ability to display the filename of each photo as it is displayed. It would also be great if on the thumbnail view the filename was shown below each photo. I bring my photos over in albums to the Touchpad and can select which album I want to view. I do like the built in gallery app and wish they would fix it. When I copy over to the Touchpad the Folders(Albums) they are then viewed in the order that I added them to the touchpad. I do mine by year so I now have one that is out of order as it never resorts numerically or alphabetically it would seem.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by NewTouchPadUser View Post
    +1, and then some!

    I would very much prefer to use the stock gallery app, due to the visual look & smooth scrolling, but the fact that I can't get the pictures organized by the time they were taken, nor display the albums in alphabetical order and can't exclude or hide albums (esp. folders upon folders of album art) is all very troubling.

    Slide Master is my work-around but that still leaves a lot to be desired. It is dreadfully slow (choppy display) and terribly counter-intuitive for the actions needed to display photos (having to long press an album and then long press on the photo you want, as opposed to a simple touch).

    I would LOVE to see a patch for the gallery app!! You are absolutely right, the TP "has a beautiful display and responsive scrolling."
    If your TouchPad is "dreadfully slow" while running Slide Master, then I'm guessing you've put digital photos straight off the camera onto your TouchPad (5MP-10MP, at 4000x3000 or so)? The stock Photos app will appear to have less of an issue with that than Slide Master will because it automatically creates a resized copy of the photo and only shows you the resized photo.

    It is also why you can only zoom in so much in the stock Photos app, while if you add the ImageViewer Hi-Res Zoom Patch, Slide Master will allow you to zoom in at a much higher level. To get good performance from Slide Master, pictures should be resized before moving them to the TouchPad, at least down to the range of 1600x1200 if not directly for the TouchPad's native resolution of 1024x768.

    If you want to quickly get into photo viewing, just tap the play button to enter the slideshow view. If you prefer the no transitions view that you are activating by long-tapping to get into an album and then long-tapping on an image, you can alternatively set a super-long transition time (like 10 minutes), set the transition to None, and set the particular order you'd like.

    Using the slideshow mode, you can swipe backwards and forwards, and as long as it is not the random order, you can use "Go to Photo" to jump directly to any photo by specifying a photo number. The app was designed for users to quickly set and get into a slideshow view, but if you have suggestions about improvements you'd like to see, please post them into the app's thread and/or send in an email. Several suggested features have previously been implemented.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    If your TouchPad is "dreadfully slow" while running Slide Master, then I'm guessing you've put digital photos straight off the camera onto your TouchPad (5MP-10MP, at 4000x3000 or so)? The stock Photos app will appear to have less of an issue with that than Slide Master will because it automatically creates a resized copy of the photo and only shows you the resized photo.

    It is also why you can only zoom in so much in the stock Photos app, while if you add the ImageViewer Hi-Res Zoom Patch, Slide Master will allow you to zoom in at a much higher level. To get good performance from Slide Master, pictures should be resized before moving them to the TouchPad, at least down to the range of 1600x1200 if not directly for the TouchPad's native resolution of 1024x768.

    If you want to quickly get into photo viewing, just tap the play button to enter the slideshow view. If you prefer the no transitions view that you are activating by long-tapping to get into an album and then long-tapping on an image, you can alternatively set a super-long transition time (like 10 minutes), set the transition to None, and set the particular order you'd like.

    Using the slideshow mode, you can swipe backwards and forwards, and as long as it is not the random order, you can use "Go to Photo" to jump directly to any photo by specifying a photo number. The app was designed for users to quickly set and get into a slideshow view, but if you have suggestions about improvements you'd like to see, please post them into the app's thread and/or send in an email. Several suggested features have previously been implemented.
    No, my images are at most 1600x1200. I have an Android phone & tablet, which like the TP in the sense that it doesn't have a dedicated program like iTunes for iOS which automatically changes the content (or in the sense of images, where they are resized & optimized for the device), I use an image resizing program which makes the images both smaller in dimensions as well as file size (the files are optimized/reduced). These smaller files help speed things up with apps on non iOS devices, with limited photo quality degradation.

    And I like the max of 1600x1200 (or 1200x1600 depending on the orientation) because it still allows me the ability to zoom in on details of a picture (it’s not that much bigger than the TPs 1024x768), plus they work well on multiple devices.

    Starting to digress, but more background...The amount of each color in the picture can determine the size of the image. The range in size of my optimized photos is from slightly under 100Kb to 800Kb, where virtually all are around 400Kb. (It is very rare that I have pictures above 600Kb.) So, the photos I have on my TP are but a fraction of their original size, which was nearly 4MB or larger.

    What I am looking for in an image viewer is to simply navigate the folders/albums I have, arranged alphabetically by title or generally speaking event name such as a family gathering, vacation, etc. (And where necessary to be able to hide or exclude folders in case it indexes album art.)

    I have several albums that are quite large -- it doesn’t take long to come up with large albums from a week long vacation or weddings -- so I expect to be able navigate through all the thumbnails quickly (or it becomes a very belabored task) when trying to find a particular picture. In Slide Master, thumbnails have to be generated all the time, which takes time for the placeholders to be populated in large folders. I was just hoping that it would be as quick and smooth as the stock app and that the swiping of all of the thumbnails inside an album wasn't such a choppy or jagged experience.

    In the end, I’ve come to learn that Slide Master really isn’t really an image viewing program in the sense of the stock image app. You might gather that from the title of the app (Slide Master = slide shows) but I guess I didn't get it. Where it lists "Viewer" in the description I envisioned that feature would be more intuitive.

    But where I feel there is an inconsistency in Slide Master is the part where you are offering (call it touting) a "zoom" feature in a slide show app. Why would I care about zooming into photos if the main purpose of the app is to generate slides, whether randomly generated or not or with transitions or not?

    And if the ability to zoom now becomes a selling point, which makes it more like an image viewing app, I'm surprised that the basic ability to peruse through large albums is so counter-intuitive on a touch device (all the required long-presses as I mentioned above).
    Last edited by NewTouchPadUser; 03/03/2012 at 11:41 AM.

Posting Permissions