webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Angry Birds - Space!
Angry Birds - Space!
Like Tree13Likes

Old 02/18/2012, 01:13 AM   #1 (permalink)

It's coming in March and I'm hoping that they don't stop showing webOS the love they have been so great at giving us! Bring it for us webOS users too!

Angry Birds - Space (coming SOON)

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/18/2012 at 02:29 AM.
HelloNNNewman is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp and Smartfah like this.
Old 02/18/2012, 04:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

Sounds interesting. Of all the games I have, it's probably the only one that I haven't played a few times and never played again, being not much of a gamer, per se.
Old 02/18/2012, 09:01 AM   #3 (permalink)

Angry Birds dev already forgot us.... They already way much richer now to still care about webOS users.

I still play this game on iPad, but personally lately I found Angry Birds start to bored me. Especially they made the latest release far harder, even just to win the levels. 3 starts really need extra extra effort and patience.

Last edited by The Bard; 02/18/2012 at 09:07 AM.
The Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/2012, 10:34 AM   #4 (permalink)

They are not going to release that for webOS. They haven't even released the last section for RIO nor upgraded the seasons. I guess it's possible. They should try something like Astraware does where they release games via a selling target. Actually I think that's a great method for other developers out there who are looking to port over apps to webOS so they can gauge interest. from the platform. its nice and transparent.
Superjudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/2012, 06:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

I have complained multiple times about updates to Rio.....we on webOS paid for our app and they forgot about us
Old 02/19/2012, 06:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Still waiting for Rio and Seasons update for my Pre(3) and TouchPad(s). Nothing.
IICODECll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/2012, 07:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

Yeah, like everyone said considering we haven't gotten the updated Angry Birds or one of the themes at all, almost no chance of seeing Space on webOS...wonder if they'll get that Android thing done so you can bring it up in its own card...
xezat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/20/2012, 12:44 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dignitary View Post
Let's talk about business logic here, with several points explaining why it makes zero sense for Rovio--or any top-tier developer, for that matter--to even look at webOS right now.

They aren't going to put the extra effort into requiring and keeping track of "selling targets" for webOS when all they have to do is wake up and roll in money just by releasing for the platforms that make their money back by a factor of thousands compared to webOS. There's just no point for them from an objective business perspective to pay several developers' salaries in-house to pump out a version for us when chances are they wouldn't come close to making it back in proportion to what they get on other platforms--and through the money they make upfront by agreeing supporting new platforms that have growing support. webOS is neither growing nor thriving from any angle if you look at the hard metrics out there, so it makes no business sense at all.

Business development people at top-tier shops talk to executives behind the platform(s) and look at metrics and hard, provable sales numbers--not petitions--before deciding what platforms to support. They want minimum expected sales numbers...

...so to them they see Astraware's up to 4,350 sales or so after how long on a platform that supposedly had a million users supposedly raging to buy apps? Heck, that's like 5 seconds worth of sales for a Rovio title on any other platform, and in Astraware's experience on webOS we're talking months now. No top-tier developer already making money hand-over-fist is going to look at those publicly-posted numbers and say, "Gee, maybe we should invest in supporting webOS!" The numbers simply aren't there no matter how much one tries to justify endless petitions and fact-bending to try and convince anyone otherwise.

And now that no ad network works with webOS, the idea of them even releasing an ad-supported version for easy ongoing revenue is just plain out of the question just as much as a paid version is. This is why a lot of devs in general left webOS high and dry back in November--they could no longer make money releasing free apps worthwhile when AdMob ended its webOS support. The only ad-supported apps you see now are those using private in-house ad network implementations they have teams to sell advertising for.

The top-tier devs on other platforms that stuck their toes into webOS have long left the platform after wrapping up what they were working on; they basically threw the titles into the App Catalog to try and make whatever money back on their initial investment they could as they shut the door.

In the end, all you have to do is look at Angry Birds: Seasons on webOS versus the huge difference in the number of levels on Android/iOS and you can tell they've left webOS very, very far behind at this point. I've only pointed out the reasons why above.

It's up to the hobbyists and developers like Astraware to keep things moving from here on out, and even Astraware's only going to be around as long as the sales come in. As for those "free" apps that seemed to get so much download love, those are going to be fueled by a love of the platform more than anything since there's zero money to be made it in it anymore with no ad network support to speak of.
geez.

can you be any more pessimistic?
MDsmartphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/20/2012, 06:22 AM   #9 (permalink)

so everyone should just hop on the android or iphone train because it makes a better business decision.

understood.

forget innovation, forget pushing the status quo. Just do as apple or google say because they are the status quo.

gotcha.
Liked by Vistaus likes this.
Old 02/20/2012, 11:23 PM   #10 (permalink)

Holy cow Guys... this thread wasn't meant to start a debate. It was simply to announce the newest Angry Birds game and hope Rovio squeezes a few extra bucks out of it with webOS. Lets end the debate as it adds nothing to the purpose of this thread. Thanks.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp likes this.
Old 02/21/2012, 04:31 AM   #11 (permalink)

In my opinion webOS put angrybirds on the map and Now were left out in the cold....everything shouldn't be about money..

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Old 02/21/2012, 06:06 AM   #12 (permalink)

Say what? Which map are you talking about?
p41m3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/21/2012, 06:39 AM   #13 (permalink)

My comments re yours are not personal but meant to be my general opinion about the state of mobile devices. Apple established a touchscreen market and made "apps" mainstream. Google and its partners have flooded the market with a slew of devices, including pushing the envelope in terms of size.

Because of these two companies and their successes the rest of the mobile tech companies are left to struggle or rot.

I understand the business aspect of not developing apps for small platforms.

Because of this angry birds may not see an update, time magazine with leave users in the dust, epocrates and dataviz and now quickoffice abandoned us. Even webosnation fandom has realized where we stand in the market.. We are not fools.

But the remaining strong will keep pushing the platform, even those who have left but whose hearts remain with webos will participate in whatever way they can to give the platform support.

Your notion that there will be no more free apps, that devs are not coming back, and that there's no business sense to support existing webos users is all understood and the hard truth we have come to realize...but there's no reason we can't make a push to rovio mobile via online signups to show our level of interest for the angry birds space update...even if unsuccessful
Atleast they will still know that there are some webos users left and not everyone wants to live in only an apple and google world.

So...can we start our push for the new angry birds update?
webOS fandom UNITE!. ;-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Liked by DocFly and sq5 like this.
Old 02/22/2012, 09:34 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
They are not going to release that for webOS. They haven't even released the last section for RIO nor upgraded the seasons. I guess it's possible. They should try something like Astraware does where they release games via a selling target. Actually I think that's a great method for other developers out there who are looking to port over apps to webOS so they can gauge interest. from the platform. its nice and transparent.
It's probably worth chiming in at this point to clarify that each target on the Touchpad Totalizer only counts for enough sales to cover the actual cost to us of doing the port to the Touchpad. It doesn't include any possible profit. Whilst hobbyist developers might have an additional source of income, a development studio, like ourselves, will want (need) to make a profit in order to pay its employees and to continue to grow its business.

It's likely that once you've reached the kind of levels Rovio has, the expectation of a couple of hundred dollars in profit isn't really appealing. We're very fond of Palm, it's really where we began, but we have to choose to support the platforms that will continue to make a profit in the long term. If the sales on Touchpad don't continue to grow, we may not be able to commit to more titles than the ones we've done. We love to support the platform, but it needs to make financial sense too.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/astraware
Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/104799680637177433684/

Last edited by Astraware; 02/22/2012 at 09:40 AM.
Astraware is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp, HelloNNNewman, dignitary and 3 others like this.
Old 02/28/2012, 11:18 PM   #15 (permalink)

Thanks for HU OP.
hotobhaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/29/2012, 01:10 AM   #16 (permalink)

I don't expect Angry Birds Space to come to the TouchPad, the only alternative would be to install CM9 & download it for Android. That's what I plan on doing, hopefully it'll be free like the previous versions of Angry Birds on Android.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Old 03/12/2012, 12:32 PM   #17 (permalink)

Angry Birds Space: NASA announcement - YouTube
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Angry_Birds_Space_On.jpg (70.5 KB, 60 views) Email Attachment

{I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}
autodidact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/22/2012, 07:08 PM   #18 (permalink)

So I'm also of the opinion that this is never coming to webos, but for those wondering I got the 99 cent ad free version today and it works perfectly on cm 9.
bioforce2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/22/2012, 08:03 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakko View Post
How did webos put angry birds on the map? It had has a few million downloads on android and iOS but can't say the same for webos.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk
Beyond that, it had been iOS for almost a year prior to the webos port, and had already become popular by then - that was the whole reason HP made a deal to get the HD version of the first game free on the touch pad. If it hadn't been popular, they wouldn't have made the effort.

Angry Birds has 500 million downloads, I doubt webos is even a fraction of that.
bioforce2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/22/2012, 08:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares69 View Post
Beyond that, it had been iOS for almost a year prior to the webos port, and had already become popular by then - that was the whole reason HP made a deal to get the HD version of the first game free on the touch pad. If it hadn't been popular, they wouldn't have made the effort.

Angry Birds has 500 million downloads, I doubt webos is even a fraction of that.
psh. 500 million? me and my friends are building this app that's going to have 100 BILLION downloads. we're going to be breaking the record in front of a live audience next month

and before you ask "oh wait that doesn't make sense. 100 billion? but there's only 7 billion people on the planet..." -- just stop. i don't need to hear about that. just trust me when i say we've thought of everything.

100 BILLION downloads. yeah. think about THAT.

fxspec06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0