Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By conum
  1.    #1  
    Anyone else having this issue? I'm at work so dont have access to the app to email whoever the developer, but maybe they can update it to fix the precentral.net to webOSnation? Just making sure it wasnt my tablet only.
    Same here...

Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    Anyone else having this issue? I'm at work so dont have access to the app to email whoever the developer, but maybe they can update it to fix the precentral.net to webOSnation? Just making sure it wasnt my tablet only.
    also here
    greetings from Germany :-)
    Global Posts
    1,068 Global Posts
    An update has been released!

There are a few changes relative to the "old", PreCentral-oriented app:

1) In the obvious category, the PreCentral listing is now called webOS Nation.

2) Somewhat confusingly, the content that used to be under the PreCentral tab is now under the webOS roundup tab, not the webOS Nation tab.

3) The webOS Nation tab appears to provide news that is an aggregation/compilation of the content on all of Mobile Nations.

4) The listing order for the various webOS Nation-related tabs has changed; most notably the Internet Gumshoe tab has moved up in the listing.

You will probably have to refresh the webOS Nation and webOS roundup tabs a couple times to bring up the content after downloading the updated app. Also, the webOS Nation app appears to frequently need a manual refresh, rather than automatically refreshing.

Other notable devices:
    Windows laptops: Asus VivoBook X202E (Windows 8), HP Pavilion g4-1215dx (Windows 7)
    Chromebooks: Samsung Chromebook XE303
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    i don't like to have all content of mobile nations, i would like to have only the webos news.
    mivoligo likes this.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post
    i don't like to have all content of mobile nations, i would like to have only the webos news.
    Yea me neither, I deleted it. Didn't feel like a webOS app the new sites. WebOS nation is only site that regularly updates anymore. WebOSround is late by many days. I'll still with webosnation.com & google news search for webOS I guess.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    1,068 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post
    You still do - the content that was under PreCentral previously is under webOS Roundup now.

I would prefer if the tab named "webOSroundup" was renamed "webOS Nation", and the tab named "webOS Nation" was renamed "Mobile Nations". Also, I'm not sure the Mobile Nations aggregated news tab is needed with the app already having links to the other, individual Mobile Nations news sites.

Other notable devices:
    Windows laptops: Asus VivoBook X202E (Windows 8), HP Pavilion g4-1215dx (Windows 7)
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
    An update has been released!
    Where did you get this update? Mine still lists PreCentral.
    Global Posts
    1,068 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Semma2 View Post
    Where did you get this update? Mine still lists PreCentral.
    I turned on Wi-Fi and the app update notification came through a couple minutes later. This was on Saturday morning (2/18/12).

Other notable devices:
    Global Posts
    1,068 Global Posts
    The app has been updated again, and the problems mentioned above with showing webOS Nation content under the proper tab have been fixed.

Other notable devices:
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    now i love it again :-)
    thanks for repairing