Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Since the HP Movie Store app is powered by Roxio, shouldn't the app update the available movies to mirror what's on the website for the service?

I've seen all I want to see in the available films and the website has tons of movies that aren't available on the app. Can I download from the store and transfer them to the pad?

anyone know why the damned app is not updating?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/13/2012 at 01:14 PM. Reason: fixed typo in title
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    ok, how about an alternative for movies that are a touch more current than, say, dumb and dumberer?
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    another bit of info. per the hp movie store support people (roxio really), you should be able to purchase, or rent, a movie via the pc app and then, if you don't download it, it should show up on your touchpad movie store library. I tried this with a rental while talking to the woman at tech support and it didn't work because, as soon as I hit rent it started downloading. She was kind enough to refund my money and then I tried purchasing a movie because, she said, you can watch the movie on more than one device and I should be able to move it to the touchpad via the usb connection.

I could move it but it doesn't show up in the movie store library and it doesn't work on kalem's player. It shows as there but, when I hit play, it runs for a couple of seconds and shuts down.

I know I'm kind of talking to myself here but I figure I have a record of all the things I've tried so that, when I give up on my beloved touchpad and start using the ipad for travel, I will, at the very least, have a record of the reasons why.

Of course HP could just fix the ******* movie store so that it shows moves from the last year but that would be like asking them to release the charge stone for the already produced pre3 - brilliant and ignored because it makes too much sense.
    This is troubling. I have always thought the movie store had a crap selection of movies but figured it as the fault of the service and not the Touchpad. How can they expect people to buy a $20 movie that only plays on the TouchPad?
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    and today, after several weeks unchanged, the movie store has new movies available.

my love for the touchpad remains.