Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Can someone test this for me and see if it is just my Touchpad not working with TuneIn? The app starts just fine and shows the station playing but no sound at all. tried many different stations with the same results. looks like it works but no sound.

thanks.....
    Working fine for me..

do you have sound when doing other tasks - typing, streaming video etc?
    I had the same problem. Tuned In was dead and all other streaming was fine. I removed the app and reinstalled and it now works.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Never mind, it was the preset channel I was trying to listen to

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I can't get TuneIn to work anymore on my Pre+ (1.4.5.1). I think I'll try to remove and reinstall.

At first, no luck. It asks me to set up an account, whether I try logging into my old account or try to set up a new one, it just sits there doing nothing. Looks like something is blocking communication between my phone and the Tunin servers. I think I know what...

Yep, I had my wifi on, and at my office, the TuneIn website is blocket (general plocking of strictly entertainment and streaming sites, makes good sense, don't want to let the employees suck up all the band width listening to ABBA, KISS, REO, ELO, and any other capital performers like them.

So, turned off wifi, was able to get my password reset and now it is working again!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Working fine for me, had one station not playing, searched but did not show up in search either so apparently gone for whatever reason. I deleted it and moved on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    I can't get TuneIn to work anymore on my Pre+ (1.4.5.1). I think I'll try to remove and reinstall.

At first, no luck. It asks me to set up an account, whether I try logging into my old account or try to set up a new one, it just sits there doing nothing. Looks like something is blocking communication between my phone and the Tunin servers. I think I know what...

Yep, I had my wifi on, and at my office, the TuneIn website is blocket (general plocking of strictly entertainment and streaming sites, makes good sense, don't want to let the employees suck up all the band width listening to ABBA, KISS, REO, ELO, and any other capital performers like them.

So, turned off wifi, was able to get my password reset and now it is working again!
    Spoke too soon, still experiencing some issues.

Yesterday it would not work again at my office. I had wifi on, then started up Tunein, then realized it was blocked, so I turned off wifi. Still no load up of the recent stations, no success in searching local (spinning circle forever). I tossed the card (that means I closed the app for all iOS and non-ICS folks out there...try it, you'll like it ) and started the app up again. Still nothing.

Then today at home (wifi not restricted) it works as it should. I tossed the card (remember?) and turned off wifi and started app again. No problems. So why couldn't I use 3G at my office yesterday? Did Tunin get in a 'mode' thinking it can't find any stations when it was on a blocked wifi...and that 'mode' stayed in Tunin's 'memory' for a while?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dignitary View Post
    I'd contact the author directly; nobody knows what the code consists of unless they illegally decompile the IPK and pore through it, so it may be an actual bug or it may be your device/network.

All I know is that I haven't seen DocLee around here in ages, so who knows if he's even still working on it.

It's most likely the device/network. Everything is working properly here on 3.0.5 on the TouchPad.

Doc
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
    Quote Originally Posted by philwil View Post
    Can someone test this for me and see if it is just my Touchpad not working with TuneIn? The app starts just fine and shows the station playing but no sound at all. tried many different stations with the same results. looks like it works but no sound.

thanks.....
    Bluetooth, or native? Many apps are not working for me, tunein included, over bluetooth. Oddly, if I fire up an app where bluetooth is working while one of the broken ones is also running, I magically get sound. I'm sick of WebOS's working functionality being nuked with each new realease. And, of course, now there's no really looking forward to a fix until the open source machine comes into motion. It may be too late by then, though...
    : (){:|:&};:
    Enyo apps that play sound frequently do so using a method that needs some modification to work with Bluetooth on the TouchPad.. I've submitted a fix to the official Enyo 1.0, so if/when we ever get an update, it will probably come with it. Other Enyo devs that are looking to do sound based things can either have a look at my patch in the Enyo repo on github, or if you need some help rolling your own fix, I can help with that too.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Awesome, eblade. Thanks!
    : (){:|:&};: