1.    #1  
    Is there a way to make Music Player treat audiobooks different than regular mp3s? I listen to my mp3 after I shuffle them... but with the way Music Player works right now it will add mp3s from audiobooks between music mp3s and I don't want that....
    Is there any audiobook app and can that app prevent the audiobook getting in Music Player library?
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Its not supported yet i think. Even i am trying to find a way to listen to AudioBooks.
    Anyone have any solution regarding this?
    Thanks in Advance

http://tumblring.net/old-tumblr-dashboard-script/

Last edited by gr3ymoon; 03/16/2012 at 08:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ipatec View Post
    Is there a way to make Music Player treat audiobooks different than regular mp3s? I listen to my mp3 after I shuffle them... but with the way Music Player works right now it will add mp3s from audiobooks between music mp3s and I don't want that....
    Is there any audiobook app and can that app prevent the audiobook getting in Music Player library?
    Thanks!
    Just use music remix. It has bookmarks , autoresume, and it adds files as they are in the directory.
    This app is in the catalog or as a homebrew.
    Quote Originally Posted by gsterin View Post
    Just use music remix. It has bookmarks , autoresume, and it adds files as they are in the directory.
    This app is in the catalog or as a homebrew.
    I appreciate the endorsement, but to be clear, Music Player (Remix) will behave in the same way as the built-in music app. It will list all files (music and audiobooks).

But yes, it does have a lot of advanced bookmarking features that make it great for audiobooks such as:

1) Auto-resume the last song played, as well as its position in the last list (album, artist, genre, playlist, etc.)

2) Manual bookmarks can be saved in each song that show up as a visual marker on the timeline. Tapping the next and previous buttons switches between bookmarks.

3) Auto-bookmarks are saved within every individual playlist and flylist. So it'll remember where you were in each list.

4) If you're listening to an audiobook (or any audio file actually) and you press the next or previous buttons by accident, you can go back to the song (by pressing the previous button) and you'll see a yellow visual marker in the timeline. You can then navigate to it via the next/previous buttons and resume where you left off in that track.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    I have modified ffplayer so that it will look for files in folder 'abook' instead of 'music'.

This way you can use it to play only audiobooks placed in this folder, and any other music player will not see these sound files.

FFplayer seem to be very suitable for audiobooks listening. Just create 'abook' folder and place you audiobooks there, ffplayer will only show those files.

The IPK is attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files