1.    #1  
    So, hypothetically speaking ( :-D ) If i was a mobile app developing firm, what kind of apps would you guys/girls want? Games....ereaders...something thats never even been thought of....

Seeing how everyone complains about not enough apps blah blah blah.

What kind of apps would you liek to see on webOS that it doesnt alreay have?
    A simple addressbook with separate fields for
    name
    first name
    street city
    postal/zip code
    state/province
    country

used offline, no need for synchronisation with google or others
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I really have most apps I need or can access on the web. What I miss from my Treo days is slingbox!
    here are some apps with how much i am ready to pay for
    app for recording phone calls, $15
    app for any file blue-tooth transfer, $10
    app as business card scanner to attach to addressbook with ocr if possible (using camera) $5
    app for better camera control, white balance, compression, format $5

i hope some developer would read this thread and maybe we can vote for the most wanted app in the end of this month and publish what webos user want, so the gaps in webos can be filled one app at a time.
    Change your prices around, and you might get some interest -- recording phone calls and adding a bluetooth service aren't going to be possible until the system is open sourced. Theoretically someone could patch the Contacts app to do the third, and the fourth merely requiers someone who has specific knowledge of dealing with those areas.

(also, OCR on TouchPad's camera would probably be nigh impossible due to it's low grade camera)
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I want the "bro-stache" app that I can hold up to my face like you see in the commercials...
    Amazingly, we don't have any fat-booth type apps (well maybe 1 or 2) but there's new ones every day on the iOS store. Seems weird.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    OpenVPN GUI (with status icon)
    rtsp h.264 stream video viewer
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Change your prices around, and you might get some interest -- recording phone calls and adding a bluetooth service aren't going to be possible until the system is open sourced.
    Guess even when i double the amount i will pay, it will not happen till some 8 months from now if ever
    but I am wondering how "voice recorder" developer managed to make an app without having a mic API then, is there an exploit that can enable recording without open source at this time? now bare with me i don't know anything about programming, but i am glad a developer replied, so i can have a final confirmation to remove the phone call recording possibility from my head for the time being, I am still using my 4 years old symbian for this feature alone!!

i will add another app
    a virtual midi controller connected to pc using the USB or bluetooth, with all sorts of knobs, slider, MPC and keys using the touchscreen.
    I too have all the apps i need. I always scratch my head in the "most used apps" threads and there are people who list the app catalog. There aren't enough minutes in a day to use the amount of apps some people download. Just how often are these people are on thier phones / touchoads? Lol.

I will say though.. It always bugs me seeing commercials that direct u to download their app, knowing a WebOS app isnt going to be an option.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities