Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi All,

    I would like to know what is a good messenger app for webos.
    I use Yahoo, MSN and Gtalk.
    I know there is greg roll's plugin but I dont want to use that as it clutters my contact list, I have around 800+ Google Contacts and 100+ in MSN and Yahoo Each.
    If there is a way that I can keep these contacts hidden while using the greg rolls plugin will be of great help.
    Also if there is a good IM client which can have these things will be fine with me as well.

    Regards,
  2. #2  
    The best is Agile Messenger, found in the app catalog
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    The best is Agile Messenger, found in the app catalog
    Agile messenger does not work with Gtalk, do you know how can that be fixed?
    If that can be fixed i agree that is the best app.
  4. #4  
    I just use the built in GTalk with Jabber Transports. Have GTalk, Skype and MSN connected.
  5. #5  
    Mundu account support for the chats that you say, and besides facebook.

    I use this for facebook chat and works very well

    three € have the fault
  6. #6  
    You do know, that if you add an account from the Accounts page in webOS, you can -disable- it for different services? So, if you add a Yahoo account to your system, you can have it enabled for Messaging but not for Contacts, if you'd like.. Although what good would messaging be if you didn't have your contacts?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  7. #7  
    i don´t understand you, my english is bad.

    ponlo mas facil por favor
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I just use the built in GTalk with Jabber Transports. Have GTalk, Skype and MSN connected.
    Hi Toni,
    How Can I Do This?
    Is there Any Special Setting For This?
    What do I have to select in Jabber for Gtalk?

    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    You do know, that if you add an account from the Accounts page in webOS, you can -disable- it for different services? So, if you add a Yahoo account to your system, you can have it enabled for Messaging but not for Contacts, if you'd like.. Although what good would messaging be if you didn't have your contacts?
    Hi eblade,

    The way I can add an account for Messaging is using GregRolls Messaging Plugin.
    I have that already and I run my Office Communicator On It.
    Now When I add Gtalk to it all my Gmail contacts are imported into the contacts.
    I have over 800 Gmail contacts so this thing slows my search for names in my contact list.
    There is no way I can remove these contacts without removing the Gtalk Account as these contact shows the current status of a person.
    I want a simple messenger which can be relied upon like Agile Messenger, this solves the purpose without hampering my contact list.
    Any Other Ideas Will Be Welcomed
  9. #9  
    Using GTalk to chat with your msn messenger contacts

    Follow these instructions, and you'll find contacts getting synced via Google.

    After setting it up you don't need to keep that client, just use Gmail and your phone, though I use Pidgin on my desktop and laptops.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Rnp likes this.
  10. #10  
    I use imo.im

    its not a app but a really good website. works on touchpad not sure about phones
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Using GTalk to chat with your msn messenger contacts

    Follow these instructions, and you'll find contacts getting synced via Google.

    After setting it up you don't need to keep that client, just use Gmail and your phone, though I use Pidgin on my desktop and laptops.
    Do you use this with greg rolls plugin or another messenger like im+, mundu or Agile

    I dont want to use the greg rolls plugin as I explained earlier but if another messenger can give me gtalk functionality using jabber I am happy to work with it.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by devil.insulted View Post
    Do you use this with greg rolls plugin or another messenger like im+, mundu or Agile

    I dont want to use the greg rolls plugin as I explained earlier but if another messenger can give me gtalk functionality using jabber I am happy to work with it.
    Just plain jane stock Google Talk built into the phone. I used to use Greg's plugins until they had trouble updating it for the Pre 3.
  13. #13  
    @ devil.insulted

    If your contact app is synced with Google, I think your contact app will still be clustered as your google/msn/yahoo contacts will be transferred to Gtalk using Jabber transport.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
    @ devil.insulted

    If your contact app is synced with Google, I think your contact app will still be clustered as your google/msn/yahoo contacts will be transferred to Gtalk using Jabber transport.
    Well I Had the same idea that is why I just wanted a plain Gtalk App but seems its difficult to find.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by devil.insulted View Post
    Well I Had the same idea that is why I just wanted a plain Gtalk App but seems its difficult to find.
    I think Mundu IM can do it.

    Mundu IM - An Instant Messenger for Mobile Phones. Supports BlackBerry, Android, Nokia, Windows Mobile, Palm, iPhone, Palm PRE, and Sony Ericsson.
  16.    #16  
    Thanks Sherman Let Me Try Mundu Will Tell You Tomorrow
  17. #17  
    Mundu doesn't connect anymore here with MSN and Facebook since the last MSN-server update.
    Agile I dunno, I think it's too expensive too try it without knowing for sure if it still works for MSN.
  18.    #18  
    Thanx Vistaus, I have the same feeling that is why I opened this Thread
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Mundu doesn't connect anymore here with MSN and Facebook since the last MSN-server update.
    Agile I dunno, I think it's too expensive too try it without knowing for sure if it still works for MSN.
    No offence here. I remember you mentioned the same thing before in another thread. But the other member tried Mundu and said it was working fine.

    Windows Live Messenger on HP TP

    @ devil.insulted

    I think it's worth a try.
  20. #20  
    Yeah, but apperantly, it's not working fine for everybody. It's dead both on my Pre 3 and TP.

    I set up the link with Google Talk as mentioned above. Working extremely fine so far!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions