Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Mundu IM is garbage.

I make that statement based on personal experience.
    what about us?...We are many users that have a palm pre2 but can not buy because we are from other countries... is there some way to get some IM whithout cost?...maybe for here?...preware?...what is the appropiatte for our PRE2?....thanks and sorry for my english...
    I see Mundu in the app catalog but I do not see Agile. Is it only EU available? I would be more interested in chats like ChatOn or the infamus whatsapp.
    Quote Originally Posted by nc31002 View Post
    what about us?...We are many users that have a palm pre2 but can not buy because we are from other countries... is there some way to get some IM whithout cost?...maybe for here?...preware?...what is the appropiatte for our PRE2?....thanks and sorry for my english...
    If you have a Pre 2, Greg's plugins work. It's only the Pre 3 it has problems with.

But then I'm still loving the transport model, great workaround for me to multi sign-in as a bonus feature, which MSN doesn't allow with third party clients.

Only real issue is when the transport goes down.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    If you have a Pre 2, Greg's plugins work. It's only the Pre 3 it has problems with.

But then I'm still loving the transport model, great workaround for me to multi sign-in as a bonus feature, which MSN doesn't allow with third party clients.

Only real issue is when the transport goes down.

Not true. After 2.2.4, Greg's plugin are not working unfortunately.
    what is greg´s plugins??......I am using IM MUNDU in my PRE2 with Webos 2.1.0 and It works perfect!!...
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Greg is a nice guy that made it possible to add more IM services to the native messaging app.
    For example MSN (which was perfect for me), ICQ and some more.
    He made this possible for the 1.4.5 and later on for the 2.x.
    Unfortunately the webOS update to 2.2.4 broke this thing and Greg abandonded the webOS world prior to that.
    There have been some guys trying to make the Synergy Plugins work with 2.2.4 and many of us are hoping that it will be done, but until now there is nothing new. You can check the messaging plugins threads in the homebrew forums.

I have a couple of questions.
    1. Is there any way to have a group chat in Google Talk with the native messaging app? I believe I saw it can happen with Skype.

2. Is there ANY was to have group chat in webOS? TextOne had that ability and it was really cool. Are there an IMs (native or third-party) that allow that?
    Skype works, although I don't think there's any way to start a group chat from the webOS app, you have to be already in it. I've never tried group chat on any of the others.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Tried Skype last night and indeed it works. Although the other people you talk with don't appear like contacts and you can't start a conversation.
    However the biggest problem with Skype for me is that it kills the battery. Google Talk for example is a bit more battery friendly. I never thought I would miss the ugly-looking TextOne that much.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    I use TextOne (push messaging on webOS) a lot. But it is not available anymore in the App Catalog. Thus if you install a new device/profile or have to docotor your pre, you will lose TextOne Even if you back it up and reinstall manually after doctoring! If you want the app back, please show the developers, that the webOS community is still alive (even if on life support )

Make yourself heared!

TextOne – a messenger that left webOS! « webosq

https://www.facebook.com/pages/TextOne/120482644665674

https://twitter.com/#!/processone

https://plus.google.com/111639774070983253417/posts
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12