1.    #1  
    I need a video player that can handle files that have subtitles encoded in the common formats (.srt, .ssa, .a s s, .sub) both when the files are internal and external to the video file. The player should be able to handle the common formats/containers for files sent over the web today - .mpg, .mp4, .mkv, .avi, divx,xvid. Do we have an app for this, or one that comes close, on webOS yet?

P.S. Can a moderator fix the thread title for me? Auto correct messed it up and I can't edit it - it should say "soft subs", not "software"
    Last edited by marcedhk; 01/29/2012 at 06:18 PM.
    Have you tried touchplayer? It is based around mplayer - which plays anything, and can handle most sub formats.

It is available at mobilecoder.wordpress.com
    2 TouchPads and a Preł
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JinbaIttai View Post
    Have you tried touchplayer? It is based around mplayer - which plays anything, and can handle most sub formats.

It is available at mobilecoder.wordpress.com
    ok, I've installed it and tested it, and it's GREAT! Handled all the formats I threw at it, displayed all the subtitles without any trouble - both external and internal soft subs.

Anyone know why this isn't in the App Catalog? Yes the interface is a bit basic and no frills, but it works fine. This addresses a huge need for me, and I'd gladly pay for it. There's no donate link on the developers site either...
    Yes, its a decent enough solution and it should be further developed; especially for full phone compatibility.