1.    #1  
    I am looking for the best solution for a password keeper that works across platforms. I have:

1. Windows 7 based laptop
    2. Android based phone
    3. HP Touchpad

In my Palm Pre days, I used jVault. It worked fairly good though I really wanted full synchronization which it did not do. After switching to the Android phone, I switched to HanDBase. Which worked ok but for some reason the password protected database on the droid seems unreliable. I've had to resync a couple times when it got corrupted.

Now that I've added an HP Touchpad to the mix, neither jVault nor HandBase are viable solutions.

In searching the forum here, it looks like Keepass might be an answer. Though from what I can see its not a sync based solution either but a "one way trip", to the touch pad at least. I haven't looked at the Android version yet to see if that holds true there as well.

Are there any other approaches out there?
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Hello,

I have not used it, but I would take a look at LastPass. If you try it let us know how well it works.
    Thanks
    How about PwdHash? it's available for all platforms, all browsers, and best of all, doesn't store anything anywhere.
    Game over!
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the responses. It appears there really isn't a full cross platform solution yet.

Keepass is close, but having to create an insecure XML file to feed webOS doesn't cut it. Can't just delete the files after importing after all . Have to shred them.

I'm not quite ready for a cloud based password solution. I love the cloud. But I'm just not ready to entrust the keys to the kingdom to the cloud, so LastPass doesn't work for me, though it does look like a good concept.

Pwdhash is interesting. Won't work for me, but the concept is great. I could implement that for all my different forum logins.

For now I'll probably just use KeepPass on the laptop and phone. Undecided about the TP. Maybe try exporting once a week or something.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
  5.    #5  
    I finally just. Went with Keepass and used the XML import to get the file into web os. Now I have my tp switching between webos and android so keepass is the one.

Anyone know why it has to be exported like this? I'm guessing webos can't read the kepass file format.

Sent from iCS enabled Touch pad with tapatalk
    ---
    HP Touchpad!