Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    I would strongly recommend that people stay away from purchasing this over hyped app. Not only does the app have a major bug, but what is worse, is that the developer seems to have no interest in addressing the issues with the app.

It is really surprising, that with all the hype created around here for for the app, nobody has mentioned a major bug with the app. For inexplicable reasons, the stock music player and even the Music Player (Remix) get paused upon launching Graphite. I have confirmed the problem on two different TouchPads. Deleting and reinstalling the app does not help. In fact, the problem remains even after doctoring the TouchPad. I have sent several tweets to @GraphiteWebOS over the past week, but the developer refuses to even acknowledge my tweets, let alone address the issue.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    trowany and Rnp like this.
    Maybe people haven't mentioned it because it's not a major bug. it seems like a minor bug to me. Its strange that that's happening, but it seems like all you have to do is resume your music.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    yeah it's kind of annoying. Also happen when tap on someone to open its profile. Also stop Pandora too.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    Maybe people haven't mentioned it because it's not a major bug. it seems like a minor bug to me. Its strange that that's happening, but it seems like all you have to do is resume your music.
    No offense, but what is a minor bug for you, is a major bug for me. I most certainly don't like my music being interrupted every time I simply run this app. As for "having to just resume the music", I don't understand how it is a minor bug that I have to do that every time I run this app. By the way, the problem is not just limited to the music pausing upon starting up of the app. Seemingly, each time the timeline is refreshed with new tweets, the music stops again or at times 'pulling to refresh' in Graphite, causes the music player to stutter. I don't see how this can be considered a minor bug. In any case, this is just made worse, by the fact that the developer has shown no inclination to even acknowledge my complaints, let alone the bug itself.

trowany and Rnp like this.
  5.    #5  
    It is quite obvious, that the developer has abandoned the app and has turned to greener pastures with the open sourcing of Enyo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    It is quite obvious, that the developer has abandoned the app and has turned to greener pastures with the open sourcing of Enyo.
    Actually the developer indicated that the WP7 and Android ports they're working on are native (i.e. not using Enyo): https://twitter.com/#!/CarbonWebOS/s...52700439982081

Given that Enyo 1.0 is not compatible with WP7 yet (since it requires a webkit browser), I tend to believe the developer.

However based upon the activity of their various Twitter feeds, I do agree that the developer appears to be a lot more focused on the WP7 and Android versions of Carbon than Graphite for the TouchPad.

I don't think it's right that they ignored your tweets regarding this issue. They should at least write back and indicate it's on their to-do list. However it's possible they just missed those tweets. If they happen to be getting a ton of tweets, they may miss it. I'd suggest submitting a formal support email/ticket if you haven't already. If they don't reply to you, then I think it's fair to post it here as well as in the catalog review.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I don't think it's right that they ignored your tweets regarding this issue. They should at least write back and indicate it's on their to-do list. However it's possible they just missed those tweets. If they happen to be getting a ton of tweets, they may miss it. I'd suggest submitting a formal support email/ticket if you haven't already. If they don't reply to you, then I think it's fair to post it here as well as in the catalog review.
    Thanks for the suggestion. But, it is only after I failed to get any response from the developer, in spite of several tweets on twitter, that I decided to post here. As for contacting them via email, this is what their website states: "We're workin' on the website and our support/feedback sites. Bear with us as we gett'em up and Tweet your way with us @GraphiteWebOS for now." Thus, their ignoring my tweets, is beyond just a case of oversight and comes across to me at least, as a total case of disdain for their webOS customers.

Also, considering that this is an app that was strongly recommended on the front page of this site and also on twitter by many webOS afficiandos, I feel it is important that these bugs and the developers response, or rather the lack of response, should also be highlighted.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    Actually I reported a similar bug to them , that I noticed popped up after 3.0.5 update.. It may have been there before.. Not sure.

Test..
    Raise system & media volume to the max
    Make sure the device is not muted
    Open and close the launcher to hear the sound level of the swoosh of the launcher
    Start graphite
    When its loaded open the app launcher again and listen to the sound level of the launcher

You'll notice that it has dropped dramtically..

Swipe away graphite and sounds are back to normal..

I have missed many notifications bec of this bug.

I reported it to the dev.. But admittedly have yet to file a formal complaint on their support forums.. But the bug IS there.

No acknowledgement from them via twitter.

I understand their hands are full getting carbon on wp7 & android but at least a "we're aware" or "thanks , but please post on support forum"
    Response would have been better

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Yeah just checked their graphitewebos.com site and see the "support coming soon" message. Also carbonwebos.com's support link doesn't work. In that case, their Twitter handles may be the only ways to reach them assuming they don't have a support email link within the app. Although they should have a support email listed in the app catalog.

I agree they should be monitoring their Twitter handles and responding to tweets. I did a search for @graphitewebos and see they haven't responded to support tweets in awhile.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Well, I guess I won't be buying that app then.
    I have sent an email to the developer with a link to this thread. He should be checking in sometime soon. He is a really nice guy, and really busy with Crabon for android and Carbon for wp7.
    Guys, think of how many tweets he must get on an hourly basis.. it is possible he missed some.
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
    trowany likes this.
    They have acknowledged the sound bug, and the bug with log in information disappearing which was intially blamed on 3.0.4, but is not the case (just reset device to get info back). From their tweets they have an update they have been working on since this came out, but I think they are now just moving on to brighter things since they have our money. Maybe they will come back for us later. There are barely any windows 7 devices, but they have more potential for money for them, and I guess they were late to the Android party, so they have to catch up.

It's just business, they got my money for this and Carbon. I truely feel got, because the bugs were baked in and found within the first 10 mins of use. I wish beta testeres for apps and devices were more then just friends getting hooked up or a fellow developer in the circle. Power users are key.

The Project Macaw twitter client seems promising and is free right now. But people will pay for less features for something that has less bothersome bugs or issues. Before it came out I just got used to using the browser. It's funny how apps have to be better than the actual social network experience (Twitter/Facebook/etc..) even for tablet users. I can understand this need for a phone only because of the smaller screen.
    Last edited by trowany; 01/31/2012 at 09:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trowany View Post
    They have acknowledged the sound bug, and the bug with log in information disappearing which was intially blamed on 3.0.4, but is not the case (just reset device to get info back). From their tweets they have an update they have been working on since this came out, but I think they are now just moving on to brighter things since they have our money. Maybe they will come back for us later. There are barely any windows 7 devices, but they have more potential for money for them, and I guess they were late to the Android party, so they have to catch up. It's just business. The Project Maccaw twitter client seems promising and is free right now. But people will pay for less features for something that has less bugs. before it came out however I just got used to using the browser. It's funny how apps have to be better than the actual social network (Twitter/Facebook/etc..) for tablet users. I can understand this need for a phone only because of the smaller screen.
    I'm one of the developers of Project Macaw, and it will always be free. The goal is to merge back into Phnx. But Graphite is still a good client, and you have a very valid point. They can't really start work on other platforms till they have money. And I'm sure they won't be abandoning webOS any time soon as it gave them their big break.
    People, if you want a good, feature rich client, then get Graphite (or look for something else and don't complain). It is a good Twitter client, minus a few small bugs. But every app has bugs, and if you were an app developer, you would realize that. Like just about everyone on this thread has said (and they are all mostly app developers like myself), give them some time. Bug fixes don't come overnight. They are busy with Carbon for Android. The update will come I'm sure. Either use it or don't use it, but bashing the app on here without talking to the developer first (and I believe in the help menu of the app there is an email) isn't nice..
    If this was your app, think, would you appreciate a thread like this being started on your app before people even sent you an email?
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
    trowany likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by superhyper View Post
    Well, I guess I won't be buying that app then.
    I would say wait and see if it will get that first update to fix these issues 3 issues (log in data loss, sound/music cutting out while using, no way to get to top of tweet list quickly). Otherwise you know ahead of time and can proceed with that in mind or look else where. It is a beautiful app, just left undone at the present time. They expanded upon the Carbon experience which was great.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickc View Post
    Either use it or don't use it, but bashing the app on here without talking to the developer first (and I believe in the help menu of the app there is an email) isn't nice..
    I am sorry, but it's not very ethical to take the approach of "use it or don't use it", after having taken the customer's money. As for not having talked to the developer, it's not because of any lack of effort on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by patrickc View Post
    If this was your app, think, would you appreciate a thread like this being started on your app before people even sent you an email?
    But I did make several attempts to communicate with the developer before starting this thread. As for not having sent an email, it is simply because, 'tweeting' seems to be the developers choice for communication. The following is what is stated on the apps official website:
    "We're workin' on the website and our support/feedback sites. Bear with us as we gett'em up and Tweet your way with us @GraphiteWebOS for now."

I really don't understand how anyone can justify completely ignoring existing paid customer complaints, for the sole reason of being busy working on a new version of the app to sell to a new set of customers.

dude, the dev doesn't have to do anything once you've paid for it, write a review and maybe help out someone else
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Hey guys, this is Moe, developer behind Graphite. We are aware of these bugs and have our support website at Welcome - dots & lines Apps Support and it is actually there in app as well on the About screen.

Our support email is there in the app catalog as well.

As for the bugs and tweets, we admit, we've been a bit under as we face challenges in the world of WP7 and lately going official with our Android offering and starting the working phase of our iOS versions. We've put all our eggs in one basket earlier(webOS) and it was such a big let down with all the events that are now history. Graphite was one of the victims of HP massacre.

We are looking at our streams and only reply if it's an issue that hasn't been discussed on Twitter or our Support page. The Audio cut bug is a known issue, along with Accounts/Settings loss bug. Believe it or not our webOS apps are dearest to us that's where everything started. We'll try our best to get things sorted soon.
    Twitter: @dot1ne
    Even with any bugs at present their far from backbreaking, with bugs and all its a superb client.

I happily use graphite on the touchpad and mcaw on the pre3, both are good but graphite is superb on tablet.

The mentioned bugs dont even impair its normal use, ive not encountered the info loss yet, music does pause from stock but i use inet radio pro for slay radio or digitally imported so never even noticed until this post.

Graphite...... Good app, dont hesitate to use it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYLARKBOY86 View Post
    dude, the dev doesn't have to do anything once you've paid for it
    Exactly and that is exactly what the dev seems to be doing, i.e. nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by SKYLARKBOY86 View Post
    write a review and maybe help out someone else
    I have written a review. Also, this thread is intended to do exactly this, i.e. helping out others by making them aware of the facts.

20.    #20  
    The developer finally responded to my original tweets. Which is a good thing, after all "better late than never". But I am still not sure, whether I should be happy that the developer has finally acknowledged that an "update is in order", or actually even more upset now, due to the insinuation that I might be using pirated software.

Decide for yourself:

Dev: @sanjayxxxx update is in order, but, would u be able to get the update when it's in the App Catalog?
    Me: @GraphiteWebOS Why would I not be able to get the update, if and when it is in the App Catalog?
    Dev: @sanjayxxxx Yes? No?
    Me: @GraphiteWebOS Yes. At least that is what I think. Although, I am not sure what is it that your questioning?
    Me: @GraphiteWebOS I sincerely hope that you are not implying what I think you might be implying.
    Dev: @sanjayxxxx: Thanks for the answer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast