1.    #1  
    There have been several reported problems by a suddenly very vocal (i don't blame you) amount of users of GVoice since the update two days ago, of no longer being able to send text messages or make outgoing calls.

At this time, the common thing that I have managed to locate amongst all of them that I have personally spoken with, is that they are all users who have 2-step authentication enabled.

Also, at this time, I am not certain where the breakage is. I need anyone who has been affected by this problem, to please leave me an email at blade [dot] eric [at] gmail [dot] com . (of course replace the [dot]s and [at] with real dots and at signs)

If the problem is discovered to be particularly widespread, I will seek suspension of the app in the catalog until I am able to issue a fix. The last time that I did this, though, due to an error Google made in their web page, it ended up taking longer for HP to suspend the app from the catalog, than it did for me to fix it and get a new update ready to go.

In a worst-case scenario, I will re-issue the last version, and re-engineer the improvements in this version, or discard them if i cannot find a way to achieve those improvements in a way that doesn't break the app.

My testing process will also now include using an account that has 2-step authorization enabled, as well as my regular account, which does not.

TL;DR version

IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO USE GVOICE, PLEASE EMAIL ME, ADDRESS IS ABOVE.

- Also, what is up with people not being able to reach the support site? I've heard several complaints about that, but every single person that I've had try it out has been able to. Also, I've received more correspondence thru the support site in the last two days, than i have in the last 4 months, so I know it's working for -some- people

Thank you for your support,

- Eric
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  2.    #2  
    Hopefully we're not going to do this every week!!!

If GVoice starts refreshing every 5 seconds or so after logging in, and you are on a TouchPad:

Tap the App Menu in the upper left hand corner.
    Tap Logout.
    Re-enter your login details to the app, and to the GVoice web browser view.
    The web browser view should pop up a message asking you to confirm that you accept the new Google privacy policy.
    When you accept that, the refreshing should stop, and everything should be back to normal.

If you are NOT using a TouchPad, please go to:
    https://www.google.com/voice/?ui=desktop
    and logout, then log back in. If you accept the new privacy policy, the refreshing should stop. Please let me know if this does NOT work -- now that I've done it once, I'm unable to test this on a phone.
    Last edited by eblade; 02/02/2012 at 03:30 AM.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: