webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > facebook game comments on news feed
facebook game comments on news feed

Old 01/25/2012, 10:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

is there a way to to turn these stupid game comments off from the news feeds? I don't need nor want to see that so and so needs hardwood, nor do I want to constantly see requests to play castleville.
the android phone facebook app lets you toggle the idiotic game comments off..
omahawildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/25/2012, 11:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

I don't use the app, but there's a small downward pointing arrow on the FB posts where you can select to "hide all from" whatever game the post is from.
paradice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/25/2012, 11:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradice View Post
I don't use the app, but there's a small downward pointing arrow on the FB posts where you can select to "hide all from" whatever game the post is from.
not on the facebook app there is not.
omahawildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/24/2012, 08:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have all those inane notifications blocked on the website, too. Curiously, that's good enough for Facebook's Android app as they don't show up there, but they still show up in the webOS app.

As for why they show up on webOS and not Android, I'd be eager to believe Zuckerberg's being a wienie again.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Colonel Kernel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/18/2012, 01:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

I blocked them on my FB account as well and they keep showing on webOS FB app. Mark is getting all wrong here! Android (google) is the enemy, not webOS! He should take note how google messed up their map service to iOS devices to the point that they had to create their own.
ajguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/18/2012, 05:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have the same issue. I suspect the webOS app is using different APIs. That or there are some additional options to ignore hidden app comments. Perhaps it is time to dig through the Facebook app code. :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09/18/2012, 06:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

I wouldn't doubt it on the APIs....

With all of facebooks "upgrades" I have noticed crazy things.... posts that show up in FB app that don't show up in full web site, some notifications are broken in the app and refuse to load certain types of posts, I have to go to that persons page then locate the post to view it.

Those are just a couple off the top of my head
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/18/2012, 07:08 PM   #8 (permalink)

"Anonymous User" when reading comments (which show names in the news feed for the same user)... photos that cause the whole webOS UI to hang until they load.. (some images take forever to load on Android, I suspect they are the same ones).

I still prefer the phone app to the tablet app after using both for a while..
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09/19/2012, 11:38 AM   #9 (permalink)

Yeah I rarely launch tablet app, usually just load full site in browser. I will use the phone app because it can be easier than using browser.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0