Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hey there, decided to make a quick and easy tutorial for creating a simple app out of a mobile website. Everything can be opened with Wordpad in Windows.

Here are the steps:

1) Download the zip and extract. Go to Folder "Applications"

2) Change the "com.user.appname" to the name of your app and your username

3) Go into the folder and open "appinfo.json". Change the values to the name of your app, the version, your username, etc.

4) go to "app>assistants" and open "first-assistant.jsjsjs&$quot$;

5) For the line of code

Code:
     url: "http://PUTWEBSITELINKHERE"
    change the url to the mobile site you want to be directed to.

6) Change the "icon.png" to the icon that you want to appear in the Launcher

7) Open ipgpackager.jar. Fill in the app details.

8) Click create package and voila! Your very own webapp for webos. Install with WebOSQuickInstall or Preware.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rmausser; 01/23/2012 at 10:31 AM.
    Rnp, ka1, comeyuca and 1 others like this.
  2.    #2  
    Why isnt my codebox working???? Ahhh this is driving me nuts!!
    Is cool, great work.

I am getting checkers over half the app when it opens the page--tried 2 different websites.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Is cool, great work.

I am getting checkers over half the app when it opens the page--tried 2 different websites.
    are you using a touchpad?

FOr some reason this method of creating a mojo based webapp seems to do that on Touchpads.

Dont know why.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    are you using a touchpad?

FOr some reason this method of creating a mojo based webapp seems to do that on Touchpads.

Dont know why.
    Yes sorry. Tried 3 websites now, same issue

edit: tested again on unpatched touchpad running uber 1.7, still checkerboard over half the page

edit2: would like to get this to work on touchpad so if anyone has suggestions, let me know thanks.
    Last edited by bluenote; 01/23/2012 at 08:20 PM.
    The created app has no scroll function (PRE3 Owner). I tried it with mobil.n-tv.de.
  7.    #7  
    I believe change the code:

"useMouseEvents: true,"

to false.

in the first-assistant.jsjsjs
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

to false.

I have a question....I have a touchpad and followed the instructions; however, when I click in website's username or password box, the TP keyboard doesn't pop up. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by konitalk View Post
    I have a question....I have a touchpad and followed the instructions; however, when I click in website's username or password box, the TP keyboard doesn't pop up. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Im sorry but this is the Mojo framework and I only know how to use it to create webapps for WebOS 2.X.X and a physical keyboard...not the Touchpad and webOS 3.X.X

Sorry
    this may sound silly.... But what is my user name? or Where is it? or how do I acquire one? I see in my pre3 device info the name of it is: Matt's Pre3 and the account is under my gmail account..

Help
    Can you submit these as apps to hp?
    can you use this to make a soundcloud.com app or a siriusxm app?

to false.

Thanks rmausser that's the solution
    My kids prefer to use facebook by browser. All works fine for facebook but you have no "go back" option! The back swipe gesture doesn't work (also on other web sites) - is there a solution for this problem?
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    Can you submit these as apps to hp?
    You can submit anything you want, whether they approve it is anotgher thing.
    I'm having trouble, I've done all the steps, but i try to install with webosquickinstall and nothing shows up in my phone.? Is there anyway you could do a quick video explaining each step?.

Edit: K I got it working. I was selecting webos app folder and not the actual com.username.appname folder. Just made on for CNN. And TD canada Trust
    Last edited by Greg Mair; 02/15/2012 at 09:00 PM.
    Am I free to upload ipk files to the forums?.
    Last edited by Greg Mair; 02/15/2012 at 09:00 PM.
    I changed the MouseEvent to false so now I can scroll but I can not use back gestures. Is there a fix for this.

Also is there a way to make 1 button at the bottom that will take you Home to the front page. Once I get that I'm going to summit it to HP and see if they will like it.
    Last edited by Greg Mair; 02/15/2012 at 08:40 PM.
    I found this on the Palm website. but I have no clue on where to put it.

//This code assumes the scene contains a webview widget which is identified with id='web-view'
    SceneAssistant.prototype.handleCommand = function(event){
    //catch the back gesture
    if (event.type == Mojo.Event.back) {
    /* This will pass our backForward function to the webview's
    * getHistoryState function to determine where we are in the
    * webview's history stack and what action to take
    */
    this.controller.get('web-view').mojo.getHistoryState(this.backForward.bind(this));
    event.stop(); //use this to stop the back gesture from minimizing your app's card
    }
    };

/* If we're on the bottom of the stack of page history then the back gesture should take the
    user
    * back to the previous page, otherwise go back one level in the history of pages.
    */
    SceneAssistant.prototype.backForward = function(back, forward){
    if (!back) {
    Mojo.Controller.stageController.popScene();
    }
    else {
    this.controller.get('web-view').mojo.goBack();
    }
    }
    I haven't been following this thread, but I checked the first page to get an idea of what is going on. That would go in first-assistant.jsjsjs, $and$ $you$ $will$ $need$ $to$ $change$ '$SceneAssistant$' $to$ $be$ $whatever$ $the$ $class$ $name$ $is$ $that$ $is$ $defined$ $in$ $that$ $file$ ($FirstAssistant$ $seems$ $logical$ $based$ $on$ $the$ $typical$ $Mojo$ $structure$).. $If$ $there$ $is$ $already$ $a$ $handleCommand$ $method$, $it$ $would$ $have$ $to$ $be$ $merged$ $into$ $that$. $As$ $the$ $comment$ $says$, $it$ $will$ $only$ $work$ $if$ $the$ $app$ $is$ $using$ $a$ $WebView$ $widget$. $If$ $it$ $is$ $just$ $packaged$ $up$ $html$, $it$ $wouldn$'$t$ $work$.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast