1.    #1  
    No promo codes seen, but these are the deals:

Gemini File Manager 1.49
    Glimpse 4.99
    Box for TouchPad
    Zinio $25 off coupon

And get ZITE for free.
    You plug your phone in?
    Gemini File Manager would be awesome IF it allowed Root access like Internalz Pro. GFM looks like it has a nicer interface than IP but you still have to have IP anyway to manage most of the files on the TP. I don't need 2 file managers and I just can't see paying for a file manager that only allows access to just the /media folder.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

I agree with above post.
    Not sure why this thread is here, there are no promo codes in the email.
    The Zinio coupon is $25 at registration, same deal they've been offering. If you are already registered, you can't get the $25.
    If Gemini allowed file access it wouldn't be in the Catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Another feature that would get me to buy it would be built in windows networking support. If it could allow my to connect to \\computername\sharename and remote transfer files or even allow me to connect to the TP from a windows PC with the same format \\hptouchpad\sharename that would make it a "necessary" app.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Actually, internalz HD will be in the app catalog, and will allow full system access (as long as you have the homebrew services installed).

And I very much look forward to paying for it! Should be some awesome new features.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    You can access other areas besides just the /media folder with Gemini File Manager. I think Tegi Commander only allows /media access but Gemini lets you do more. Also, Gemini allows you to use your Box account like it's another drive--you can connect and move files directly from there. (If you want to move files directly from your computer, either WiFi Touchpad File Browser/Uploader or TBtransfer will do a nice job for you.)
    Per the review here, you can access some other areas but not as much as Internalz Pro.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    http://www.webosnation.com/tbtransfer

TBtransfer allows file transfer from local computers in your local network (LAN). All you need is TBaccess, a small server application running on any host you like in your network. TBtransfer will detect those hosts and allow file transfer from and to your TouchPad. See the homepage link to get the TBaccess server - written in Java! (TBtransfer / Home / Home)
    Gemini has 2 things that appealed to me: 2-window file management (yeah, I grew up on Norton Commander) and support for several network file storage systems (Box.net and DropBox support, and some form of PC access). Assuming Gemini works adequately (bad weather knocked out my home internet last night so I couldn't test it after I downloaded it), this will likely let me replace 4 apps with one (box.net, dropboxify, wifi file transfer, Internalz) for 80-90% of my data-shuffling needs.

Those two qualities alone will make it worth the $1.50. If I find anything it does that nothing else does, or that Gemini does better/easier, I'm way ahead.

Plus I like NOT giving "root" access to my general file mover. It keeps me from screwing stuff up at 4am. I'll still keep Internalz around (and buy it when it comes out to throw more money at the WOSI guys) but limit my use of it to advanced tasks.