Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hemster
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Is there a music player for Exhibition mode? Does Music Player Remix have exhibition mode? I want to use my Touchpad as a jukebox. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Not sure if there's an exhibition mode, per se, but that doesn't mean you can't start Remix and put it down on your Touchstone.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    But then the clock (or other exhibition app) opens.
    Can I disable Exhibition mode?
    Yes, I think there's a way to force override it so that it doesn't turn on, haven't really looked into it before so not 100% sure, but if you just press the power button once, after it goes into Exhibition, then your normal display will show up.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    How do I turn off Exhibition Mode?

Look for NoDoze in Preware.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    When I press the power button in exhibition mode the display turns off. When I press the center button the display shows.

I think we need a Jukebox app. How cool would it be to have it in your home and people can pick the playlist for the evening.

Thanks for the quick responses, sledge007!
    +1. A Jukebox app would be fab!
    pjcruiser likes this.
    While Music Player (Remix) doesn't have a dedicated exhibition mode, it does have a "keep screen on" feature while using the app. On the Home screen, there's an icon in the top-left corner that looks like a Pre. If you tap it, it will turn on the "keep screen on" feature. While in this mode, when the app's card is maximized the screen will not turn off and thus when you put it on the Touchstone, it won't enter Exhibition mode. You can then keep using Music Player (Remix) while it's on the Touchstone.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    XO (a Subsonic streaming server client) currently supports a similar screen-off handling mode - if you use the "zoom" gesture, the app will go full-screen, eliminating the notification and status bars, and it will keep the screen on, until you either turn it off manually, change apps, or pinch to go back to regular mode.

Exhibition support is eventual, but it won't make the 1.0 release, and is definitely not in the beta that's on the catalog.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: