Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Glimpse is a great App and so is Shortcut Launcher. Put them together and you can create some awesome shortcuts on your launcher tabs.

Check out this Youtube video:
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    Nice. Very Nice!
    Very cool, gotta figure out that custom shortcut stuff, the target parameter particularly.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Very cool, gotta figure out that custom shortcut stuff, the target parameter particularly.
    Many webOS apps have the ability to take launch parameters. So to create a custom shortcut you need two things:

1. The App's "appID", and
    2. The App's launch parameter(s) and syntax

appID
    For Glimpse, the appID = "com.ingloriousapps.glimpse". For the standard web browser it is "com.palm.app.browser". You can find out any app's id by looking in the catalog and choosing to IM share info about the app. The IM message that pops up will have the appID in the message. Also if you look in your devices' "/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/" directory, most of the time the id is the same as the name of the directory they are stored in.

params
    This is more difficult. I find the parameters by doing a Linux 'find' on the app's install directory for the string "param". Yes that means I have to buy each app and manually learn the param code. In a future version of Shortcut Launcher we will have a database of App/Param Codes to pick from. Anyway, the param syntax for the standard browser is:

Note: the links in the examples are from the forum and are not real links. Just pretend they are not underlined

{ target : www.somewebsite.com }, and again the custom app id is
    com.palm.app.browser

Advanced browser is similar:
    { target : www.somewebsite.com }, app id is different. it is
    com.maklesoft.browser

Glimpse is really nice because they have quite a few parameters allowing for nice control of the app launch. I' m going to flip the order here but you'll get the point.

com.ingloriousapps.glimpse
    { query : tweet/ the text I want to tweet } (wonder what this does???? LOL)
    { query : ab/ www.somewebsite.com } (opens the advanced browser to a site)
    { query : web/ www.somewebsite.com } (opens regular browser to a site)
    { query : read/ www.somewebsite.com } (opens with "read it later")
    { query : youtube/ some movie name } (opens youtube searching for the name)

Now go off and make some Custom Shortcuts. Post 'em here so we can see what you've created.

Cheers,
    Last edited by twack; 01/16/2012 at 10:41 PM.
    TWack

Wow, thanks twack-man! Also think the app ID is available via preware installed packages / applications / whichever app. I had NO clue about the params so thanks for that part.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    I just found that you can launch Pandora with a "seed" parameter. I'm trying to figure out why you would tap it more than once because the seed becomes a station in your station list from then on. Anyway the syntax:

com.palm.pandora
    { seed : The Beatles } or what ever song band or genre you want
    TWack